FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Feb 2, 2012 at 8:17 AM Post #1,067 of 6,777
Quote:
MP4nation will receive in mid february. them shipping it to you is another 2 weeks unless you choose the free fed ex option and don't get the free earbuds. i think fiio is giving you the latest date :/ ? or maybe the date has been changed?

I'm in the UK so I was waiting on advancedmp3players.co.uk

The product page said pre-order expected 2nd February, but this has now changed to "awaiting stock arrival update"

Feiao has said the second batch will now take 45 days, but the first batch had 2 shipments.

I'm hoping that some of the first batch 2nd shipment will be going to advancedmp3players, but I need to know for sure and on what date.

Then I will pre-order from whichever shop will get the product to me the fastest.

Feb 2, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #1,068 of 6,777
The E17 is available on Amazon.de (for EU customers), though is expensive compared to mp4nation!

Feb 2, 2012 at 8:59 AM Post #1,070 of 6,777

Quote:
If i were to connect this to an ipod/walkman via the LOD, do i control the volume via the E17 or the portable player? And should i max out the volume on the player before lining out?

U would control volume on e17 or whatever external amp u r using

Feb 2, 2012 at 9:01 AM Post #1,071 of 6,777

Quote:
bowei006,

How bad is the buzzing? Also it is only when there is no music playing correct?

Not very bad really. I have yet to test with AUX and USb on if this happens but it sounded like it was the amp as the problem contiumed to occur when i unplugged the toslink optocal cable

Feb 2, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #1,072 of 6,777

Quote:

I feel the same. Quality is a problem. I dont know whwrre the buzz comes from

U have the athm50s which r very similar. I think the bass might react the same way :/ they r $118 if u want them but be warned this wasnt a buying thread so its not like i know if it will fit u. I and others have reviews on them
Eq bass set to 10 brings out bass in any headphone o belive :)

Bah.. no need to be warned. Prior to me joining this forum I had always bought headphones, just not really nice ones. Now the floodgates are opening.
biggrin.gif

Feb 2, 2012 at 9:41 AM Post #1,073 of 6,777

Quote:
Bah.. no need to be warned. Prior to me joining this forum I had always bought headphones, just not really nice ones. Now the floodgates are opening.
biggrin.gif

im just worried since u already have ATH M50's which are said to be very similar. heck the M50 and HFI 580 are the one's duking it out on forums right now. the HFI 580's almost always win nowadays...but still. Whatever you purchase is up to you man. 
tongue.gif

Feb 2, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #1,074 of 6,777

Quote:

I feel the same. Quality is a problem. I dont know whwrre the buzz comes from

U have the athm50s which r very similar. I think the bass might react the same way :/ they r $118 if u want them but be warned this wasnt a buying thread so its not like i know if it will fit u. I and others have reviews on them
Eq bass set to 10 brings out bass in any headphone o belive :)

Agreed, especially that last bolded comment. My DT770 250 ohm cans almost massage my head with the bass set that high, but it's still clear and distinct, not muddy or jumbled.

Feb 2, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #1,075 of 6,777
Got my E17 today!!

And I am extremely shocked that my E17 cannot dock on my E9....
I bought my E9 few months ago, and I now realized that Amazon had sent me an E9i....but the box and every label shows its E9...
(Luckily...it was Amazon. I will get my E9 tomorrow! I will definitely report the performance of E9+E17+HD600)

Could sb teach me how to turn on 24bit? 

Feb 2, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #1,077 of 6,777

Quote:
Got my E17 today!!

And I am extremely shocked that my E17 cannot dock on my E9....
I bought my E9 few months ago, and I now realized that Amazon had sent me an E9i....but the box and every label shows its E9...
(Luckily...it was Amazon. I will get my E9 tomorrow! I will definitely report the performance of E9+E17+HD600)

Could sb teach me how to turn on 24bit? 

U cant do 24bit portably (usually, audiophiles with fancy stuff and mnow how could do work around but for our purposes, no) when plugged into ur computer (windows pc) through usb or spdif/". In playback devices after e17 or spdif is selected and u hear audio playing but e17 still says 16bit. In that playback sevices menu click on the e17 or spdif and right click and properties. Scroll through the menus and once u see 44.1 khz or 48khz or something like that. There should be a drop down menu. Drop down and select what u want. If ur computer spdif does 24/192 set it to that. If not 24/96 is probably highest u can get. In mac it is in midi setup menu if i remember. I dont remeber full correct name. Google it if u cant find it by searching finder. When u r in just change outputs dropdown menu to 24bit by 96KHz. Mac osx is set to that as the highest supported by OS

Feb 2, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #1,078 of 6,777

Quote:

U cant do 24bit portably (usually, audiophiles with fancy stuff and mnow how could do work around but for our purposes, no) when plugged into ur computer (windows pc) through usb or spdif/". In playback devices after e17 or spdif is selected and u hear audio playing but e17 still says 16bit. In that playback sevices menu click on the e17 or spdif and right click and properties. Scroll through the menus and once u see 44.1 khz or 48khz or something like that. There should be a drop down menu. Drop down and select what u want. If ur computer spdif does 24/192 set it to that. If not 24/96 is probably highest u can get

Thanks!

Did anyone try charging E17 with other usb charger (like those mobile phone charger)? Is it safe?

Feb 2, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #1,080 of 6,777

Quote:
Thanks!

Did anyone try charging E17 with other usb charger (like those mobile phone charger)? Is it safe?

Any USB charger will be safe to charge E17 or any of our products that support USB charge.

Something you need to take care is

1, Make sure the charger is safe, there are some very poor quality USB charger in the market, and unfortunately it is made in China.

2, A high current output will be help to shorter the charge time. 

3, Usually the USB charger came with some smartphone with high quality and can be trusted, and the best is the original charger from Apple. of course, it is expensive than other, so 

a Nokia or Moto charger will be good options too!

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back