FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Jan 13, 2012 at 8:44 AM Post #211 of 6,777

Quote:
I just chatted with support and they say the first batch is expected to ship next week.. but yes, I can read(LOL). I in fact posted a question about the fact it said MIDDLE OF FEB and was answered with a response.. 

That's a relief. I hope my faith in Fiio is not unfounded unlike the case with ZO2.

Jan 13, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #213 of 6,777
The website used to say they where expected to ship on the 13th of January but now they changed it to the middle of February... IDK if that's for people that are ordering as they have shipped the first batch or if they changed the time for all of them. 

Jan 13, 2012 at 10:20 AM Post #214 of 6,777

Quote:
The website used to say they where expected to ship on the 13th of January but now they changed it to the middle of February... IDK if that's for people that are ordering as they have shipped the first batch or if they changed the time for all of them. 

The middle of February is for the second batch. The shipment for the first batch was delayed for a few days I think

Jan 13, 2012 at 10:31 AM Post #215 of 6,777
Well I guess I'm probably not going to get mine on time lol... Got it for my birthday which is the 18th of January which would have been perfect if it shipped on the expected time. Oh well I knew this would happen :p

Jan 13, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #216 of 6,777

Quote:
Another question about the line-out. Both the E17 (with the L7) and the E10 line-out should sound the same, right? 
rolleyes.gif

Good that you ask that question. Supposedly I would assume they should be the same, but they (* USB input to line-out) are not. I did an ABX on both just now and E17 sounds more neutral and better transparent (which gives it a better depth in soundstage) while E10 sounds just a tiny bit warm. The difference isn't a lot but it is there. I won't have noticed it if not comparing their line-out purposely.

Jan 13, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #222 of 6,777
From reviews. The E7 is no longer recommended due to how awesome the E17 is. The E9 is also a problem :/ . It has a lot of power, but it's amp doesn't "sound" as good as the E17's from what i've heard from all the reviews. FiiO is already working on a new desktop amp...but it won't be out for a while :/  so it's up to you

Jan 13, 2012 at 9:09 PM Post #223 of 6,777

Quote:
From reviews. The E7 is no longer recommended due to how awesome the E17 is. The E9 is also a problem :/ . It has a lot of power, but it's amp doesn't "sound" as good as the E17's from what i've heard from all the reviews. FiiO is already working on a new desktop amp...but it won't be out for a while :/  so it's up to you

I'll still recommend E7 for anyone with a tight budget. If you have no budget limit, then sky is the limit.

Jan 13, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #224 of 6,777

Quote:
I'll still recommend E7 for anyone with a tight budget. If you have no budget limit, then sky is the limit.

that's what i mmeant. but as head fi'ers. $50 isn't much. but however. i would say the E7 is still good. with the E17 out. i bet FiiO will further reduce the price. and there will also be a lot of used ones being traded and sold for less :)

Jan 13, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #225 of 6,777

Quote:

But, that E9 is only about $80 (I just got a new one from Amazon at that price) and while I agree that the review (Mike's at Headfonia?) did say that the 9 robbed some SQ from the 17 when used in conjunction, I didn't get the sense that it was a deal-breaker.  If you need the extra juice, $8/month is probably a worthwhile expense during the next few seasons that new Fiio project is going to take.  At least that's how I'm looking at it.  Plus, it'll have some resale value when the new 'E9' does finally come out, I suspect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back