FiiO E17 "ALPEN" - First Impression + Final Thought
Dec 31, 2011 at 3:48 AM Post #17 of 6,777

Quote:
Take it easy, Maybe we can take a video of being run over by a car to test how solid E17 is . 

how's the screen. will the front break easily like the iphone? or is it not glass? if it drops on a corner and it is glass. won't it shatter?

and official or non official word on battery life you can give us...like estimation? 15 hours is fine with me :/ 

Dec 31, 2011 at 3:56 AM Post #18 of 6,777
Front screen (on top of the OLED) is plastic (polycarbonate?), so it won't shatter even if you drop it.

Dec 31, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #19 of 6,777

Quote:
Front screen (on top of the OLED) is plastic (polycarbonate?), so it won't shatter even if you drop it.

:) smart thank you. Ok now...who wants to volunteer to take a video of their E17 being run over by a tank when they get it? Lol

Well i hope you receive your unit soon..or more reviews come out for this. I've been waiting for some definite reviews on the Aux in. Your impression on the optical in was also good as i will be using this Aux in when i am out. and i will be using the optical in with my macbook pro and desktop computer :) 

So you are saying the optical in is really good right :)

Dec 31, 2011 at 4:04 AM Post #20 of 6,777
Dec 31, 2011 at 4:34 AM Post #22 of 6,777

Quote:
As good as the USB-in, at least with my Sony Discman it is.

thank you :)

Quote:
Anyway, post a great photo of Mountain ALPEN, :)

great picture FiiO

I kinda feel dumb. soo many questions were just answered on the FiiO main page..... and wow. a battery almost 50% larger.....with less than a quarter of the original use time....THAT IS BOSS.  :)

Dec 31, 2011 at 7:21 AM Post #23 of 6,777
Looks like another great product from FiiO.

Dec 31, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #24 of 6,777
Quote:

Elaborate on what? It was an engineering sample I received so it is not built on a production line but rather by FiiO's engineer purely for the purpose of testing and early review, so it is very possible that might be weak soldering point somewhere that can't take the rock and tumble of the shipping. Plus, It was an unexpected long shipping for my package to arrive (if you have noticed, other reviewers received their sample before me) because of some paper work issue followed by the big X'mas.delay. Those who received their sample before me all seem to be fine. FiiO did told me all samples were tested before ship out so the only logical conclusion is that must be some rough handling happened during shipping that led to the fault. As I have mentioned, only the AUX-in isn't working properly while all other functions (USB-in, Opt-in and Coax-in) are fine. This time FiiO is sending me a unit from the production run so it will have the same build quality as their normal unit instead of the build quality of the engineering unit.

...and may be you shouldn't jump to the conclusion?

While ive done alot of reading ive just heard lots of poor quality issue's such on the E6. Not saying this is going to be affected by similar problems, just the first time i took a look it seemed a little off. It was 3:00 am when i was replying to your comment and i meant to say "it wasn't the reviews fault." Sometimes i type things that are suppose to come out nice, but forget a word and it changes it a whole 180 degrees.

Dec 31, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #26 of 6,777

Quote:
But will it blend?

i actually doubt it would. the plastic screen might get some scratches and the metal too. but with the weight and size of this thing being compact...i doubt it would. throwing it around that fast in a blender might actually crack the blenders plastic :)

Jan 1, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #28 of 6,777
hi , i have one question, i use fiio  e9 connected to my sound card asus xonar d2 , i am thinking to get some  dac but i am not really sure if i will notice any improvement , for now i am thinking to get fiio e10 and use it as a dac conected to my e9 or will be better to wait for e17 or stay with the xonar?

[size=small]thaks and sorry for my english!![/size]

Jan 1, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #29 of 6,777

Quote:
hi , i have one question, i use fiio  e9 connected to my sound card asus xonar d2 , i am thinking to get some  dac but i am not really sure if i will notice any improvement , for now i am thinking to get fiio e10 and use it as a dac conected to my e9 or will be better to wait for e17 or stay with the xonar?

[size=small]thaks and sorry for my english!![/size]

just looking at the price of that bad boy i doubt you would notice a difference. but then again. im not a sound card guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back