FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound !
Sep 7, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #167 of 2,388
Full payment sent!

I came to know about this project a bit late, but not too late to pre-order one :D
I really appreciate the initiative and effort by Fiio for this project!  To go through the hassle of producing such a unique product for Head-Fi and DIY enthusiast, at such a reasonable price.

I just love for being able to tune the amplifier to the sound signature that suit my preference :D  Now waiting patiently.....

One question, the US$ 180 is inclusive of international shipping right ?
Can I expect that the delivery would be around January 2014 ?

Sep 8, 2013 at 6:25 AM Post #169 of 2,388
deposit made yesterday, hope i'm still in for one
smily_headphones1.gif

James, since it's a limited edition would (one of) the following be possible:

1. add a serial #
    1. maybe based on the sequence of preorders
    2. maybe even engraved on the case?
  2. add signature of one/some/all of the people involved in building it, or just of the one who does the final quality check, and call it "E12 Signature Series" (engraved?)
  3. another idea for a name: "Massif du Mont Blanc" (french) or "Mont Blanc Massif" (english). this would include the whole mountain range with all the side peaks, symbolizing the many different op/buf combinations that are possible.

as for the engraving stuff: i understand this would increase the production costs, so if this isn't possible/feasible it still would be nice to include a special certificate in the package.

ps: if you do the serial # thing, i'd like to have either #1, #918 (birthday) or #1000 :D

Sep 9, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #172 of 2,388
  James, could you also please include a Swedish massage and your finest bottle of wine? 
tongue.gif

well, now that you mention it...
rolleyes.gif

maybe you get that when you pick it up at the factory in person, might depend on your negotiation talents though
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back