fiio e11, e5, or cmoybb
Aug 19, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #16 of 29

Quote:
The JDS Labs CMOYBB is rechargeable (well, home use-able). The can charge it or use it via using a 9-24v DC Adapter having 1.3mm x 3.5mm DC jack, and to tell you the truth? I can't find any DC adapter fitting those criteria in Australia. Thus, I'm a little bit pooed.

Have you checked out Element14 / Farnell yet?

Aug 19, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #17 of 29
Aug 19, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #18 of 29
RS Online has a much larger selection of AC adapters, take a look.

[EDIT] I notice there are different socket used on different version of cmoyBB. You might want to confirm with JDS about what socket is used in your cmoyBB before getting the adapter.

Aug 20, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #19 of 29

Quote:
RS Online has a much larger selection of AC adapters, take a look.

[EDIT] I notice there are different socket used on different version of cmoyBB. You might want to confirm with JDS about what socket is used in your cmoyBB before getting the adapter.

Sorry, I completely forgot. Here is the instruction, which give more information about the DC Adapter. I have no idea what it's saying, but I somewhat get the basic. 

http://www.jdslabs.com/pdf/Instructions_203.pdf

I hope you can help out a little more ^^"

Aug 20, 2011 at 10:58 AM Post #21 of 29

Quote:

I hope you can help out a little more ^^"

This should fit your need. It has all the tips and it can output 12v regulated. The only problem is it doesn't come with Aussie plug type. You will need to get a plug adapter, which is fairly easy to find in big chain electronic store.

Aug 21, 2011 at 5:15 AM Post #23 of 29

Quote:
This should fit your need. It has all the tips and it can output 12v regulated. The only problem is it doesn't come with Aussie plug type. You will need to get a plug adapter, which is fairly easy to find in big chain electronic store.

Your product that you linked was discontinued, so I found this instead!

I hope it's that same and THANK YOU SO MUCH! I couldn't find this in the catalog. I kept finding different products for some reason 
redface.gif

Aug 21, 2011 at 5:17 AM Post #24 of 29

Quote:
Your product that you linked was discontinued, so I found this instead!

I hope it's that same and THANK YOU SO MUCH! I couldn't find this in the catalog. I kept finding different products for some reason 
redface.gif

I don't see any link.

Aug 21, 2011 at 5:29 AM Post #25 of 29

Quote:
I don't see any link.

Oooh crud. Forgot :D

http://australia.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=6158880&cm_vc=av_au#

Aug 21, 2011 at 10:06 AM Post #26 of 29

Quote:
Oooh crud. Forgot :D

http://australia.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R=6158880&cm_vc=av_au#

That is unregulated. Generally speaking a regulated supply is better. But given cmoyBB can accept a wide range of DC, you should be okay if you want to use this. Alternatively, I found this. Just a little more expensive, but it is a switch mode (generally a bit more noisy than linear adapter).

Aug 21, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #27 of 29

Quote:
That is unregulated. Generally speaking a regulated supply is better. But given cmoyBB can accept a wide range of DC, you should be okay if you want to use this. Alternatively, I found this. Just a little more expensive, but it is a switch mode (generally a bit more noisy than linear adapter).

What about the jack? There's is only an outer diameter of 3.5mm (I think). Would the jack fit in the Cmoy?

Aug 21, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #28 of 29

Quote:

What about the jack? There's is only an outer diameter of 3.5mm (I think). Would the jack fit in the Cmoy?

Well, strictly speaking, neither adapter has 1.3x3.5. The one you listed is 1.35x3.5; the one I listed has a H plug (1.3x3.4). In theory both should fit, but I guess you need to try them to confirm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back