FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
Oct 14, 2012 at 2:19 AM Post #932 of 1,271
Quote:
I would assume setting the voltage switch under the battery to low voltage would save on battery power.

I never noticed that was there before! I will definitely try it out that way.....I don't have any headphones that need a ton of power.

Oct 14, 2012 at 7:06 AM Post #934 of 1,271
Quote:
wink.gif
beerchug.gif

Between that and my having the extra battery and external charger from Micca Store, I won't have to worry about running out of juice now....lol. And for that matter, I do still have the E6....although I usually only pair that with the Clip Zip. It looks silly next to the Classic.

Oct 14, 2012 at 7:12 AM Post #935 of 1,271
Between that and my having the extra battery and external charger from Micca Store, I won't have to worry about running out of juice now....lol. And for that matter, I do still have the E6....although I usually only pair that with the Clip Zip. It looks silly next to the Classic.

It was the first thing I checked on arrival. Have a play around with it, you can notice a difference, mostly in how much volume you use. I used low power full time, mostly because the IEM's really didn't need it. It might suit those JVC better though.

It's all trial and error. For example ...on high power mode you may be able to get away with low gain, and visa versa. There's a graph somewhere that explains how many mW each settings puts out. Low power / high gain etc etc...

I can't find it though.

Oct 14, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #936 of 1,271
Quote:
It was the first thing I checked on arrival. Have a play around with it, you can notice a difference, mostly in how much volume you use. I used low power full time, mostly because the IEM's really didn't need it. It might suit those JVC better though.
It's all trial and error. For example ...on high power mode you may be able to get away with low gain, and visa versa. There's a graph somewhere that explains how many mW each settings puts out. Low power / high gain etc etc...
I can't find it though.

I've always used the low gain, and even now with the low voltage setting, I still can. I'm actually wondering how much of a difference there really is between the  low and high voltage settings, because right now, low voltage/low gain, in a quiet room, the E11 volume is on an indicated 2....and I think that's pretty much where I always was. Granted, these JVC's are very efficient....32 ohm, 106db/1mW.

Oct 14, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #937 of 1,271
I've always used the low gain, and even now with the low voltage setting, I still can. I'm actually wondering how much of a difference there really is between the  low and high voltage settings, because right now, low voltage/low gain, in a quiet room, the E11 volume is on an indicated 2....and I think that's pretty much where I always was. Granted, these JVC's are very efficient....32 ohm, 106db/1mW.

It's a very subtle difference. :wink: Total win if you can live on low power!

Did you find the other switch inside. The reverse stereo one?

Oct 14, 2012 at 7:47 AM Post #938 of 1,271
Quote:
It's a very subtle difference.
wink.gif
Total win if you can live on low power!
Did you find the other switch inside. The reverse stereo one?

Nope, I didn't notice any other switch. I'm not sure I would want to reverse the channels anyways though...

Oct 14, 2012 at 7:54 AM Post #940 of 1,271
Oct 14, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #942 of 1,271
Quote:
I would assume setting the voltage switch under the battery to low voltage would save on battery power.

Cool, I thought so.

Thanks

Nov 14, 2012 at 3:58 PM Post #943 of 1,271
Hi guys,

Just wanted to add my experience with E11 and AKG K701 
smile_phones.gif

Lots of ppl says that K701s are for classical music and they do not rock, well they do not rock alone, but with E11 Bass Boost and EQ - 2 they got great bass. It's like completely different headphones, music stays clear and just basses&guitars comes alive.

Definitely can recommend this amp. I can finally enjoy music like Dope, Five Finger Death Punch, In Flames and so on, on these headphones 
basshead.gif

Nov 14, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #944 of 1,271
My FiiO E11 is kinky...likes tight leather and being strapped. 
deadhorse.gif

Nov 15, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #945 of 1,271
Quote:
My FiiO E11 is kinky...likes tight leather and being strapped. 
deadhorse.gif

I would lessen the tension on the Sansa's headphone jack a little bit, if you want it to last....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back