FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
Aug 23, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #916 of 1,271
Last night, the volume for my KRK 8400 headphones lowered all of a sudden when using my FiiO E11. The E11's battery ran out this afternoon. When the volume lowered, I was worried that my headphones were broken, but I think it was just the E11 running out of juice. I hope that was it. No big deal if that was the case. My headphones sound just fine from other sources.

Aug 25, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #917 of 1,271
Quick question for the experts here. I have seen varying answers so I would like something conclusive. I am going to be feeding an e11 with a Sandisk Fuze via a LOD and I need to know if I need caps in my LOD? Does the Fiio DC filter work well enough that no caps would be necessary?

Aug 25, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #918 of 1,271
Quick question for the experts here. I have seen varying answers so I would like something conclusive. I am going to be feeding an e11 with a Sandisk Fuze via a LOD and I need to know if I need caps in my LOD? Does the Fiio DC filter work well enough that no caps would be necessary?

You should be fine without caps on E11, as it has DC protection built in. However, in the long run you will be safer with a capped LOD, especially if you are upgrading to another amp and can't be sure whether it will have DC protection or not.

Aug 28, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #919 of 1,271
ok, with this E11 connected to the iPhone 4S with Fiio L9 LOD, do I still need to turn on my graphical equalizer (using DENON music apps). ?

Aug 28, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #920 of 1,271
ok, with this E11 connected to the iPhone 4S with Fiio L9 LOD, do I still need to turn on my graphical equalizer (using DENON music apps). ?

Ideally speaking, no. But it really is up to your own preference.

Aug 29, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #921 of 1,271
Quote:
Ideally speaking, no. But it really is up to your own preference.

Great, many thanks for the suggestion.

Oct 11, 2012 at 9:43 PM Post #924 of 1,271
Quote:
I powered both my Shure 530 and Westone 3X with the E11 without problems.

Hm.. so what can be expected with amping those IEMs ?

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:04 PM Post #925 of 1,271
Quote:
I powered both my Shure 530 and Westone 3X with the E11 without problems.

Hm.. so what can be expected with amping those IEMs ?

Great question.  I've been using my E11s to power my B&W P5s over the last 6 months as I've been really into those for portable lately.  So I was answering more on reflex than really thinking through why IEM's might be different.  I have used these with all my portable headphones including IEM's and smaller over the ear phones like Senns PX-ll.   So I had to retest those Westones out with and without the E11.  The 160G IPod plays decently with the Westones but the expansion and seperation of sound you have with the E11's is impressive.  They can blast your ears out so carefully dial the E11's up with the IEM's.  As with more expensive and complicated amps its not the volume of sound you want its the balance and discrete reading of the music you seek.  For the price these little amps deliver the goods.  I go really old school when I use the E11's with a rubber band around either my 16G Nano or 160G Classic.  They weigh about the same as my Nano but are just slightly more bulky.  They are about the size of the IPod classic.  I haven't heard any hiss with these unless you flip off the music completely and leave the E11 on.  Since I bought this amp over a year ago it's been been portable and tough.  I leave these in my pocket walking or doing yard work so they get dirty and I use them for many hours at a time.  I have the E5 which is cheaper and much smaller but just too low powered for me.

Oct 11, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #926 of 1,271
Thanks for the clarification man.
do you also use the graphical EQ on your player as well while using the E11 ?

Oct 12, 2012 at 7:56 AM Post #927 of 1,271
I turn off the EQ settings on the IPod and use the E11's. There are 3 levels of bass, 2 levels of gain and either low or high voltage that you can play with inside the amp. I think the setup will vary with individual taste. I keep my settings at low voltage and high gain and at the most 1+ bass.  I just checked out amazon and you can buy a basic unit for $50 about 1/2 of what I paid more than a year ago!.  I would recommend the L LOD to the IPod as it produces much better sound out of the IPod than the regular headphone lead out of the IPod.

Oct 12, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #928 of 1,271
Cool, thanks man, using the Fiio L9 with Fiio E11 seems to drain my battery faster :-\ ?

and does changing the Voltage settings in the E11 backplane, affects the battery consumption ?

Quote:
I turn off the EQ settings on the IPod and use the E11's. There are 3 levels of bass, 2 levels of gain and either low or high voltage that you can play with inside the amp. I think the setup will vary with individual taste. I keep my settings at low voltage and high gain and at the most 1+ bass.  I just checked out amazon and you can buy a basic unit for $50 about 1/2 of what I paid more than a year ago!.  I would recommend the L LOD to the IPod as it produces much better sound out of the IPod than the regular headphone lead out of the IPod.

Oct 12, 2012 at 12:19 PM Post #929 of 1,271
Good question.  I haven't really kept up with battery consumption.  I generally charge every other day and haven't really kept track of it. I did leave the E11 on overnight by accident and that battery was dead the next day.

Oct 12, 2012 at 2:03 PM Post #930 of 1,271
Quote:
Fiio E11, battery drain, voltage switch

I would assume setting the voltage switch under the battery to low voltage would save on battery power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back