FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
Aug 30, 2011 at 7:26 PM Post #736 of 1,271

Quote:
awesome review. i just got one of these, and i am loving it. i am using it with my pc setup as well. i am tempted to keep charging it while its on, but i am not sure if this is detrimental to the battery life, overall.

is it okay to keep charging the amp while listening, or should i power it down?

The E11 cannot be charged and used at the same time.  I believe that is because it uses a virtual grounding system...wait a minute, you've been able to have the amp on and in use while charging at the same time?

Sep 27, 2011 at 5:12 AM Post #739 of 1,271

Quote:

The E11 cannot be charged and used at the same time.  I believe that is because it uses a virtual grounding system...wait a minute, you've been able to have the amp on and in use while charging at the same time?

yes, it can not because the virtual ground. E11 will automatic power off when charging

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 28, 2011 at 9:15 AM Post #741 of 1,271
I don't know if this has been answered, but I will put it here anyway. Is it an analog potentiometer or is it a digital one? If it is analog pot, how is the channel imbalance at extremely low volume level?

Sep 28, 2011 at 9:28 AM Post #742 of 1,271

Quote:
I don't know if this has been answered, but I will put it here anyway. Is it an analog potentiometer or is it a digital one? If it is analog pot, how is the channel imbalance at extremely low volume level?

It is analog pot. Like all pot of this kind, It will get imbalance when it is very low. But will low gain, I have no problem with low impedance IEM that has moderate sensitivity.

Sep 29, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #743 of 1,271

Picked up an E11 'cause I couldn't wait on the ZO2 and it seemed like it was gonna get a price bump. The E11 sounds fantastic, shoutout to Micca Store for the free extra battery and AC charger deal they're doin'. Do have a question, though, is it recommended to use the E11 all the way until the battery's dead rather than charging whenever I get the chance? Thought I heard something like that regarding cell phone batteries.

Sep 29, 2011 at 10:03 PM Post #744 of 1,271

Quote:

Do have a question, though, is it recommended to use the E11 all the way until the battery's dead rather than charging whenever I get the chance? Thought I heard something like that regarding cell phone batteries.

No, Li-ion battery actually benefits more from partial charging instead of fully drain. You can fully drain it once in a while (say every 3 months) but you should be totally fine to partial charge your E11 as much as needed.

Oct 2, 2011 at 3:02 AM Post #746 of 1,271
FYI, after owning the E11 for about 2 months, the switches for high/low-gain and Bass have become very loose. Not sure if it's something that is fixable - has anyone else noticed the same issue?

Oct 2, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #747 of 1,271

Quote:
FYI, after owning the E11 for about 2 months, the switches for high/low-gain and Bass have become very loose. Not sure if it's something that is fixable - has anyone else noticed the same issue?

Mine are still fine though I don't use them much. Do you use them a lot? You can actually see them inside if you open up the battery cover. They are held in place by two piece of plastic which are glued onto the housing, I believe. If it is the plastic that come loose, you can easily glued them back with a tiny bit of superglue.

Oct 2, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #748 of 1,271
Mine are still fine though I don't use them much. Do you use them a lot? You can actually see them inside if you open up the battery cover. They are held in place by two piece of plastic which are glued onto the housing, I believe. If it is the plastic that come loose, you can easily glued them back with a tiny bit of superglue.

I was using it fairly regularly, and I've popped off the cover a few times as well to reset the battery when fully depleted. I'll have a closer look tonight.

Oct 3, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #749 of 1,271
Just picked up this great little AMP...
L3000.gif
Thanks for the Great review!

Oct 4, 2011 at 10:14 PM Post #750 of 1,271

Quote:

Picked up an E11 'cause I couldn't wait on the ZO2 and it seemed like it was gonna get a price bump. The E11 sounds fantastic, shoutout to Micca Store for the free extra battery and AC charger deal they're doin'. Do have a question, though, is it recommended to use the E11 all the way until the battery's dead rather than charging whenever I get the chance? Thought I heard something like that regarding cell phone batteries.

And when I post my 'ZO V2 vs E10' comparison in November, I hope you feel the same way. At least, I'm hoping it will be November ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back