FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
May 24, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #436 of 1,271

Quote:
We make it a point to drop off our packages at the Merrifield location because not only is it a regional P&DC, but the post office attached to it stays open until 8pm on weekdays and even opens on Sundays. I think that post office closes exactly one day out of the year, which is Christmas.

Jack

Jack,  Yes, that's great to hear.  For those of you who are not familiar with this post office - or the volume that goes through there, on tax day (April 15th), they literally put out orange pylons on the main highway and have those canvas mail carts out on the road collecting the tax returns that people are mailing in sort of like a "drive-through" fashion.  There are cops around, flares lit, etc.  It's kind of funny to watch, but horrible to get stuck in if you're just trying to pass through the area.

May 24, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #437 of 1,271

Quote:
Someone asked a slightly bizarre question in the Headphones forum - 'Which is better, the E11 or the ZO ?'. I guess they ARE both inexpensive ways to get better sound, but via somewhat different approaches. In the fullness of time, I'm sure someone here will be able to give that lost soul and answer.

ZO is really more of a hardware EQ than it is an amp. For an easy to drive headphone, I think most will just prefer ZO. After all, a well done EQ can be very enjoyable.

May 24, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #438 of 1,271
No argument from me, but imagine if you could combine the two - pipe the output of the ZO into a neutral amp for powerful bass into harder to drive phones ..... unfortunately, headphone out <> line-out, or so the techies tell me. 

May 25, 2011 at 6:02 AM Post #439 of 1,271
^ Don't see why you couldn't combine the two, especially since even combined, they combo comes in at a fairly cheap price (by head-fi standards). 

I run the ZO from my D10/UHA-4 all the time, no problems (either usb or DAP HO/Line out to DAC/Amp's line in, DAC/Amp head out to ZO line in, ZO head out to 'phones).

May 25, 2011 at 6:33 AM Post #442 of 1,271

Quote:
ZO is really more of a hardware EQ than it is an amp. For an easy to drive headphone, I think most will just prefer ZO. After all, a well done EQ can be very enjoyable.

Ordered both the ZO and E11, so should be able find out how the combo works...soon very soon...

Have you personally used the ZO ClieOS? hows the amp on it, does it in par with E5?

Thanks

May 25, 2011 at 6:40 AM Post #443 of 1,271
My E11 arrived an hour or so ago, here are a few pics:

[

May 25, 2011 at 7:15 AM Post #444 of 1,271
Did you buy it from PJBOX ? Did they send you an email notice about your item had been sent ?

I know this is not their fault, but it's so annoying that I ordered mine on the 5th and still haven't got it, well I hope this is worth the waiting.

May 25, 2011 at 7:55 AM Post #445 of 1,271

Quote:
Did you buy it from PJBOX ? Did they send you an email notice about your item had been sent ?

I know this is not their fault, but it's so annoying that I ordered mine on the 5th and still haven't got it, well I hope this is worth the waiting.

Yes.  I emailed them requesting an update but they were closed (on holiday).  I did get an email once they were open though stating when it would be sent out...

May 25, 2011 at 8:10 AM Post #447 of 1,271
Quote:
^ Don't see why you couldn't combine the two, especially since even combined, they combo comes in at a fairly cheap price (by head-fi standards). 

I run the ZO from my D10/UHA-4 all the time, no problems (either usb or DAP HO/Line out to DAC/Amp's line in, DAC/Amp head out to ZO line in, ZO head out to 'phones).

Do you set them like this [Source > ZO > AMP], or like this [Souce > AMP > ZO]?

The first one is the better way to doing it as you always want EQ going before the amp or else you are wasting the benefit of adding an amp.

Quote:
just received my amp this morning, would you recommend high or low gain for grado's. Initial impression as clieo said in his review wow

Listen to both and set it to the one that sounds best to you.

Quote:
Have you personally used the ZO ClieOS? hows the amp on it, does it in par with E5?

I have read about it, but I don't have any interest at the moment to pick one up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back