FiiO E11 & E11K & A3 Information + Support
May 22, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #406 of 1,271
Wje,

I hear ya. The team here has decided to not do local pickups for the time being because we just don't have the right way to do it. Our office is not a retail store-front type of environment so our lease/insurance doesn't cover walk-in customers. Also, we can't take credit cards at the office here and we are not setup to handle cash, it would be chaos if someone showed up with cash right before noon the same day we get new Ledo's coupons... 

But seriously, this is something we are working on, so we hope to be able to offer local pickup in the next few months.

Jack

May 23, 2011 at 2:31 AM Post #407 of 1,271
Hi there,i'm posting here the same question i did in the Beyerdynamic DT1350 post,i hope someone can help!:-D

I'm looking for a portable amp for Beyerdynamic DT1350.

At the moment i'm using  ipod classic 160gb (eu capped)+lod L3+Fiio E7 but i'm not fully satisfied cause the Fiio E7 it's not powerful enough to drive the beyer (they sound a bit too thick with a no so full sound if u know what i mean).

Also with the Fiio E7 i have to push the volume up to 45-50 to enjoy these cans,it's like it doesn't have enough power to drive them.

Completely different story with the Fiio E9,the beyer really shine with it but of course it's not a portable amp.

Can a bit of burn in time make the Fiio E7 and the Beyer sound better and more open?(Actually my Dt1350 have just 8 hours of listening time on them and so the Fiio E7)

Now i'm considering to buy the Fiio E11 or the iBasso T3D,any advice?

Being the Beyerdynamic Dt1350 a very analytical phones,the iBasso T3D would be a better choice for my Beyer DT1350?

What about the Fiio E11?

May 23, 2011 at 4:34 AM Post #408 of 1,271

Quote:
Hi there,i'm posting here the same question i did in the Beyerdynamic DT1350 post,i hope someone can help!:-D

I'm looking for a portable amp for Beyerdynamic DT1350.

... Now i'm considering to buy the Fiio E11 or the iBasso T3D,any advice?

Being the Beyerdynamic Dt1350 a very analytical phones,the iBasso T3D would be a better choice for my Beyer DT1350?

What about the Fiio E11?

If power is what you are after, E11 should be a much better choice over E7 (or T3D in that matter)

T3D and E11 share largely the same sound signature, so either way you will get the same type of sound.

May 23, 2011 at 7:26 AM Post #411 of 1,271

Quote:

If only you read one of my reply:

Quote:
All and all, I'll say E11 is still up to par of my early impression - a big wowowowow to an incredible amp for the price (it is very rare to find amp that actually sounds twice as good as it price). It performs as good as I can ever hope for and so more, but it is not a miracle amp that will magically beats a 3MOVE or Stepdance. There is still a size (internal space for electronic components) and price (the amount of electronics inside) difference between E11 and the big boys. But if I were to use an portable amp as my travel rig, guess what I will bring? The E11. Sure it doesn't sound quite as good as the other two amps, but the compromise is small and easily forgettable when I am out-and-about.
Here you go: WOWOWOWOW
Does it somehow make E11 better than it already is? Absolutely not. But I bet it makes people happy just to see big bold wow in red, so enjoy :)

May 23, 2011 at 11:12 AM Post #412 of 1,271
i'll say this again: great review !! great pictures too!!
and after reading the T3D review, and the comparison here , the only reason i'd get the T3D over the E11 (without considering the price) is because of the size. 2+ bigger, (and heavier) and also the battery life.
what i still dont get what is that "digital controlled volume" the T3D has? is that something good, and that E11 doesnt have?

May 23, 2011 at 11:34 AM Post #413 of 1,271
Quote:
i'll say this again: great review !! great pictures too!!
and after reading the T3D review, and the comparison here , the only reason i'd get the T3D over the E11 (without considering the price) is because of the size. 2+ bigger, (and heavier) and also the battery life.
what i still dont get what is that "digital controlled volume" the T3D has? is that something good, and that E11 doesnt have?

Digital volume control is great for low volume since analog pot tends to get imbalanced in low volume. But I have not had any problem on volume balance with E11 so far so I don't think it will be an issue for others as well. The E5 and E7 both have digital volume control and actually it is a decision made by FiiO to not use digital volume control on E11, mostly because audiophile seems to love an analog pot on their amp and FiiO want to try something different this time.

May 23, 2011 at 11:39 AM Post #414 of 1,271

Quote:

But seriously, this is something we are working on, so we hope to be able to offer local pickup in the next few months.

Jack

Jack,

I understand.  I'm just happy that you're located in our area.  If pick-ups are eventually permitted, that would be a big bonus for those of us who need that "instant gratification".  Additionally, we need to get people out of that "Best Buy" mentality.  Sadly, BB has killed off so much competition.  We've lost beautiful audio shops in Northern Virginia - a place with people who have a nice amount of disposable income.  I don't understand how people can be satisfied going into the same electronics store (e.g. Best Buy) where they all look the same and sell the same products.  We've all allowed ourselves to become Lemmings in his society. 
rolleyes.gif

May 23, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #415 of 1,271
ClieOs
Regarding the above link the eBay sellers got 2 batterys high capacity one for the N80 and the other one for the N90 wich one is the good fit?
http://cgi.ebay.com/2050mAh-Capacity-BL-5B-Battery-Nokia-3220-7360-N90-/170589526105?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item27b7ed9859
http://cgi.ebay.com/2050mAh-BL-5B-High-Capacity-Battery-F-Nokia-5300-N80-/170589528413?pt=PDA_Accessories&hash=item27b7eda15d

Quote:
[UPDATE May 21st.] The claimed 2050mAh BL-5B battery (from this eBay store) came yesterday and I reran the battery test in 2nd configuration (see above for detail). I don't have high hope for it at first but I reckon I should at least be able to par the stock battery at worst. Surprisingly the battery works out really well. I measured 3.64V after 12hrs, which is about the same as low power mode in 1st configuration. A simple linear estimation puts another 12hrs battery life left in the battery, making it a total of 24hrs from a single charge. To add to the plus side, I didn't pre-condition the battery when I received it, so this is the first charge and it should only get better once I recharge it several times. Of course battery generally doesn't drop in linear fashion as estimated but I think 18~20 hrs or so should be easily achievable. Now this so far isn't really a real 2050mAh yet if we compared the result with the stock 800mAh battery. If it was 2050mAh, we would have got 37hrs instead, not 24hrs - then again, I haven't conditioned the battery. Regardless, this is still a pretty decent investment for the extended battery life, especially consider a genuine Nokia BL-5B 760mAh can go for $10+ a piece from reputable seller. The listed eBay price is $16 and only to U.S. with free shipping. But if you asked the seller, he can send it to most of the world with $2 of registered mail with tracking.

May 23, 2011 at 8:12 PM Post #417 of 1,271
great review ClieOS...

i have one on the way but i have a quick question. how is the volume/sound on the E11 at its lowest gain compared to the volume on the E5 at its 'middle/third' setting?

the E11 for me, is meant to replace my E5 which i use with my Fuze on my Logitech s715i and my in-dash receiver in my car.

May 23, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #418 of 1,271

Quote:

They are the same thing, so fit is good for both.

Another update for the battery: I recharged the battery several times now and the battery projection now extends to about 27hrs - not really a significant change from the original 24hrs and put the battery on an estimated 1300~1400mAh instead of a real 2050mAh. Still, I think bloated claim is as expected and it does outperform the original battery, which I am okay with.

Quote:
i have one on the way but i have a quick question. how is the volume/sound on the E11 at its lowest gain compared to the volume on the E5 at its 'middle/third' setting?

I never did compare E11 to E5 volume wise, but suffice to say E11 has louder and better sound than E5, I just can turn the volume to that high on E11 without worry that I might damage my IEM.

May 23, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #420 of 1,271
Well, all I can say is at least we now know how much capacity is on that 2050mAh battery. You might get an 1400mAh that is up to the claim but it can also be just 1000mAh, who know? Someone will need to be brave enough to try all the batteries on eBay to find out, but it won't be me. I have close to 38hrs on the two battery combined and that is more than I ever need, so I am cool for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back