FiiO E09k announced (successor to E9)
Jan 1, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #48 of 56
I use headphones with a 6.3 mm plug anyway, so the 6.3 mm jack is not an annoyance, for me anyway.
6.3 mm is the standard 1/4" TRS phone jack you find on most of the "full sized" headphones. 

Jan 1, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #50 of 56
Oooops!
My bad.
(Slaps forehead)
redface.gif

Actually my Q701 and DT880 both have a 6.3 mm adaptor screwed on.
I rarely take the adaptors off so I forgot they were there.............if I take the adaptor off, we get a 3.5 mm jack.

Most desktop headphone amps have a 6.3 mm headphone jack.

Apr 29, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #51 of 56
Hi Guys i just bought a Fiio e09k to go with my HD650's but i don't have a plugin e07k or e17 etc. Is it only possible to use the DAC when either of these are plugged in? I have a iBasso DAC i could use but that requires me buying a decent 3.5mm headphone jack to RCA interconnect to connect via RCA AUX Input on the fiio.

If I require a headphone to RCA interconnect, can you recommend someone on head-fi who makes them and is willing to ship to aus? BTW regardless, its sounding amazing so far just with a dodgy el' cheapo headphone to RCA. Has really opened the 650's up and there is far more substance to the lower end - what a great match. Sound quality brings a tear to ones eye :) 

Cheers,
Rob

Edit: After further research. It seems I definitely need a docked e17 or e07k for DAC. So I might just put money towards a eo7k to get the DAC going instead of forking out $30 - 80 on a interconnect cable to use my ibasso d2

Apr 29, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #52 of 56
You don't need to use FiiO's DAC> Any DAC should works, including iBasso. As for cable - not need to buy one from oversea. Just pick one up from your local electronics chain store.

Aug 26, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #53 of 56
Does anyone know for certain what the specs are on the E09K pre-outs? They don't mention the specs in the manual and all I can seem to find is that they are 0-6v RMS adjustable, but that's not confirmed by FiiO anywhere.

If anyone knows I'd really appreciate it, thanks :)

Aug 27, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #54 of 56
Quote:
Does anyone know for certain what the specs are on the E09K pre-outs? They don't mention the specs in the manual and all I can seem to find is that they are 0-6v RMS adjustable, but that's not confirmed by FiiO anywhere.

If anyone knows I'd really appreciate it, thanks :)

What kind of spec are you looking?

Aug 28, 2013 at 11:32 AM Post #56 of 56
Quote:

Just trying to find some sort of official data sheet on the pre-outs from FiiO really, as all I can find is unconfirmed info :frowning2:

The part about 0 to 6Vrms is in the manual, so it is no an unconfirmed spec. Otherwise the only important part I can see is the SNR, though it also depends heavily on what source that is feeding the E09K. Better just drop an email to FiiO and see if they have any other measurement data.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back