FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Feb 17, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #1,216 of 1,676
Hi

I bought it a week ago... I was checking the downloads on FiiO for the e07k and found an ASIO driver with a relative new date... I supppose is better than the window default that is way older.... I kinda of hear the sound better...

Feb 18, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #1,218 of 1,676
Can anyone else verify that? I just purchased the E07k from Headphonebar and I'd love to know peoples' impressions on different firmware sound before I try it out...

this is not firmware, its a driver for windows. just to clarify. you can always remove the driver again, so why don't you try it out and report to help others?

cheers,
K

Feb 18, 2014 at 12:16 PM Post #1,219 of 1,676
Oops, should have read up on it on the Fiio site before commenting
blink.gif
Thanks
L3000.gif

Feb 28, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #1,224 of 1,676
I see that this device has an display off timer but does the amp itself have an auto power-off to save battery?

It has a sleep mode. I'll get back to you when I get home to check. My Andes is in storage. I'll answer you then fully unless someone else can before.

Mar 1, 2014 at 4:34 AM Post #1,226 of 1,676
It has a sleep mode. I'll get back to you when I get home to check. My Andes is in storage. I'll answer you then fully unless someone else can before.

yeap! There is a sleep mode. Just hit menu -> press the volume up till "SLEEP" is highlighted -> click menu again use the volume button to set the timer 

Mar 4, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #1,229 of 1,676
hello all, I'm relatively new to the rather scary audiophile world, and I think I might be spared the obligatory welcome slogan since I can already attest to the strain on my wallet ):

i hope my query will not be dumb or stupid in any way. please do bear in mind i have little to no knowledge as i'm still an infant with regard to this business :)

1) i am contemplating purchasing the E07K to use in conjunction with my iPhone 5 and Shure SE215 or Rock-it R50 IEMs. is this a wise decision or will the E07K not make any difference? and am i correct to say that using the AUX-in 3.5mm on the E07K to connect to my iPhone 5 will utilize the E07K solely as an amp (and not a DAC) since the iPhone 5 will already convert the digital signals to analogue?

2) i am also wondering, although i know the E07K is classified as a headphone amp/dac, whether i can actually use it as an offboard DAC in conjunction with my laptop and my creative t40 2.0 speakers.

from reading this thread as well as others, i understand that the E07K can be utilized solely as a DAC by using the line output function in conjunction with the L7 or the E09K.

however, if i were to connect the E07K and my laptop via miniUSB/USB, and then use the 3.5mm headphone output jack on the E07K to connect to my speakers, will this also work? if so, how is this any different from using the L7?

any help on my queries will be greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance :)

Mar 4, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #1,230 of 1,676
  hello all, I'm relatively new to the rather scary audiophile world, and I think I might be spared the obligatory welcome slogan since I can already attest to the strain on my wallet ):

i hope my query will not be dumb or stupid in any way. please do bear in mind i have little to no knowledge as i'm still an infant with regard to this business :)

1) i am contemplating purchasing the E07K to use in conjunction with my iPhone 5 and Shure SE215 or Rock-it R50 IEMs. is this a wise decision or will the E07K not make any difference? and am i correct to say that using the AUX-in 3.5mm on the E07K to connect to my iPhone 5 will utilize the E07K solely as an amp (and not a DAC) since the iPhone 5 will already convert the digital signals to analogue?

2) i am also wondering, although i know the E07K is classified as a headphone amp/dac, whether i can actually use it as an offboard DAC in conjunction with my laptop and my creative t40 2.0 speakers.

from reading this thread as well as others, i understand that the E07K can be utilized solely as a DAC by using the line output function in conjunction with the L7 or the E09K.

however, if i were to connect the E07K and my laptop via miniUSB/USB, and then use the 3.5mm headphone output jack on the E07K to connect to my speakers, will this also work? if so, how is this any different from using the L7?

any help on my queries will be greatly appreciated!

thanks in advance :)

1) Well, an amp is to have more sound than the phone can give, since you are using IEMS you don't need it. since you can have the same "bass boost of the E07k" via the EQ

2)

i understand that the E07K can be utilized solely as a DAC by using the line output function in conjunction with the L7 or the E09K.

I think that's right only DAC, not the AMP.

It will work, this is what i do with my Fiio E7.

the differencies are:
If you use the Mini usb of the E07k => you use his DAC + AMP
If you use the L7 with the E07k => You use only the DAC of the Fiio E07k, so you can connect another beefier AMP

If you don't have any AMP, you don't need the L7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back