FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Feb 10, 2014 at 5:50 AM Post #1,204 of 1,676
Hello, i have Fiio e7 (almost the same then)

I have a sennheiser hd 25 (and waiting to receive my Fidelio x1)
And i use the Fiio e7, with a galaxy note 2

And i just discovered that i used my Fiio e7 the wrong way ....
I did that. 
Galaxy note 2 jack to Fiio e7 jack => and i connect my Headphone on the jack output of the fiio7

And i've just discovered that i was only using the amp part of the fiio e7 and not the DAC (now its obvious)

Now i have to use the Micro usb Female of my galaxy note 2 to the mini usb of the fiio e7 ?
The jack output of the Galaxy note 2 to the Mini usb of the fiio ?
The micro usb of the galaxy note 2 to the mini usb of the fiio ?

Im lost :/

To do that a simple way:
The best combo ?

1) to 4) ?
2) to 4) ?
2) to 5) ?

Feb 10, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #1,206 of 1,676
2 to 4 but I am not sure if the note 2 allows it
smily_headphones1.gif
please double check with others xD

I've Checked on the net and yup, that is the best solution

Android phones seems to allow that since jellybean (not every dac but it look like that the Fiio e7 allow it)

There is a condition: You have to use an OTG cable.

Im trying to find an otg cable Micro usb MALE to Mini usb MALE for europe with less than 50cm if someone find that can you link ?

Second question: I have a Creative Titanium HD as sound card for my PC

I heard that the DAC of the titanium hd > Dac of the fiio e7
But what about the AMP side ?
Should i use a RCA cable 
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021815&p_id=5598&seq=1&format=2&ref=cj
And i link my titanium (rca side) to the fiio e7 (jack INPUT) to use the DAC of the titanium and the AMP of the fiio e7 ?
or there is better solutions ?

EDIT: instead of spamming this thread, I decided to create my own threads with every question in it
http://www.head-fi.org/t/704910/pretty-new-in-audiophile-world-i-got-fidelio-x1-fiio-e6-titanium-hd-but-how-to-connect-them-properly

Feb 10, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #1,211 of 1,676
I've Checked on the net and yup, that is the best solution

Android phones seems to allow that since jellybean (not every dac but it look like that the Fiio e7 allow it)

There is a condition: You have to use an OTG cable.

Im trying to find an otg cable Micro usb MALE to Mini usb MALE for europe with less than 50cm if someone find that can you link ?

Second question: I have a Creative Titanium HD as sound card for my PC

I heard that the DAC of the titanium hd > Dac of the fiio e7
But what about the AMP side ?
Should i use a RCA cable 
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021815&p_id=5598&seq=1&format=2&ref=cj
And i link my titanium (rca side) to the fiio e7 (jack INPUT) to use the DAC of the titanium and the AMP of the fiio e7 ?
or there is better solutions ?

EDIT: instead of spamming this thread, I decided to create my own threads with every question in it
http://www.head-fi.org/t/704910/pretty-new-in-audiophile-world-i-got-fidelio-x1-fiio-e6-titanium-hd-but-how-to-connect-them-properly

Not sure where you can find the OTG cable as I am not an Andriod user. Sorry.

As for your sound card vs Andes, my answer is, best test it yourself! It can be very objective and opiniated. :)

Happy listening!
Billson :)

Feb 10, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #1,212 of 1,676

So back to the original question what are we looking at with +6dB gain in mW at 32 ohms?

Darn! Anyone with an access to an oscilloscope or a good multimeter out there to help check the readings? Or let's just Google the specs and puff up how awesome they are. :-/
In all seriousness, is DYI spirit and tools still out there? I'm totally getting an oscilloscope as soon as I get a garage to store it in!!!

Feb 11, 2014 at 1:01 AM Post #1,215 of 1,676
Fun of it is probably, even if that, the only reason to set the gain as e07k begins to sound crispy like a cheap DAP on max. Unfortunately I have to set up +6dB gain for my Q701 sometimes and hence would love to know the physics behind it.

IMO, all the gains sound the same but I hardly uses the E07K amp and never done a serious test xD
So my E07K that I ordered was on back order. I decided to just cancel it and am wondering if going up from a E07K to an E17 is worth the money. Thoughts?

Objectively, yes. But the E07K is warmer :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back