FiiO E07K ANDES Review and Help Thread
Feb 7, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #1,186 of 1,676
Originally Posted by Flipboy02 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Hello everyone, I someone can really help me.

I have been a very happy Andes E07K user for almost a whole year, until last Thanksgiving. I accidentally dropped my Fiio from my dining table to the carpeted floor. At first I thought is was fine. Since I was getting ready for the big dinner, I didn't test it right away. Anyways, a few days later, after all my out-of-town family guest had left, I finally had a chance to use it. To my horror, it would not play music. When connected to my Macbook Pro (MBP), all I could hear was a slow pulsing sound with some floor noise then a beep, then a 3-sec silence, then it would start all over again. So in my panic, I quickly turned it off. 

So now I tried to figure out when it made that noise. First I connected my headphones 1st without a source: No noise.

Then I turned it off, connected it to my MBP. A few seconds after I turned on the power button, that evil sequence of noise started up again. So I quickly turned it off, and unplugged it from my MBP. So then I tried connecting my iPhone 5s to the Andes unit via the 3mm port at the bottom of the Andes. Once I turned it on, that horrible noise came on again. So I quickly turned it off. I thought maybe the 3.5mm port I was using was bad, so I used the 2nd port. Same thing, noise happened. So I turned it off. 

But now, when I try to turn it on, the Andes would quickly turn on then turn off. So I thought it might be low on power. so I charged it up using a generic 5v 500mA USB wall plug. And that seemed to work fine as the charge light would turn on. 

Now I try to turn it on, and it doesn't even power up, no led lights come on, nor any sort of sound or beep. When I connect it to the cable to the wall plug, even the charge led won't light up. 

Any one have any idea what's going on? 

I e-mailed Fiio several times during the last week of Dec and a few times last month, in Jan. But I have not received any responses! This is so frustrating.  I've been trying to get some sort of tech support from them, and even requested for any contacts as to where i might be able to send this unit in for repair. Still no answer. Is there a better way of contacting Fiio? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Flipboy02

Here's a response I got from JamesFiiO a few days ago.
 btw, we are in CNY holidays and it may take them couples days to reply all the email during the long holidays

Feb 7, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #1,187 of 1,676
Try this:

Flip the "Hold" button up and you will see a orange line. Flip it again to unlock the "hold" button. Turn it on again.

Make sure you connect to the Andes's Aux in when you are connecting it from your iPhone 5S and headphones to the top of the two jacks... This has happen to me before and I freak out until I found out I was in the wrong jack xD

Good luck!
Billson :)

Feb 7, 2014 at 11:59 PM Post #1,188 of 1,676
  Hello everyone, I someone can really help me.

I have been a very happy Andes E07K user for almost a whole year, until last Thanksgiving. I accidentally dropped my Fiio from my dining table to the carpeted floor. At first I thought is was fine. Since I was getting ready for the big dinner, I didn't test it right away. Anyways, a few days later, after all my out-of-town family guest had left, I finally had a chance to use it. To my horror, it would not play music. When connected to my Macbook Pro (MBP), all I could hear was a slow pulsing sound with some floor noise then a beep, then a 3-sec silence, then it would start all over again. So in my panic, I quickly turned it off. 

So now I tried to figure out when it made that noise. First I connected my headphones 1st without a source: No noise.

Then I turned it off, connected it to my MBP. A few seconds after I turned on the power button, that evil sequence of noise started up again. So I quickly turned it off, and unplugged it from my MBP. So then I tried connecting my iPhone 5s to the Andes unit via the 3mm port at the bottom of the Andes. Once I turned it on, that horrible noise came on again. So I quickly turned it off. I thought maybe the 3.5mm port I was using was bad, so I used the 2nd port. Same thing, noise happened. So I turned it off. 

But now, when I try to turn it on, the Andes would quickly turn on then turn off. So I thought it might be low on power. so I charged it up using a generic 5v 500mA USB wall plug. And that seemed to work fine as the charge light would turn on. 

Now I try to turn it on, and it doesn't even power up, no led lights come on, nor any sort of sound or beep. When I connect it to the cable to the wall plug, even the charge led won't light up. 

Any one have any idea what's going on? 

I e-mailed Fiio several times during the last week of Dec and a few times last month, in Jan. But I have not received any responses! This is so frustrating.  I've been trying to get some sort of tech support from them, and even requested for any contacts as to where i might be able to send this unit in for repair. Still no answer. Is there a better way of contacting Fiio? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Flipboy02

There are many things that could be wrong with it

Did you try the hard reset on the ANDES?

Maybe the drop busted a cap, or tore a wire from the battery etc etc. Who knows

FiiO is on CNY vacation until Feb 6th (which was yesterday). They are still going through the schiit tons of emails they received.

Feb 8, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #1,189 of 1,676
Thanks for the reply, Mr Panda Man,

Yes I did a reset, and even tried to power up with the Andes connected to the wall charger then even tried with it connected to my MBP. Still nothing. I'm really down about this. I was using the Sony XBA-3iP IEMs and then tried using small portable computer speakers (cheap from $5 and Below store) and the Apple stock iPhone 5 headphones. and nothing works. 

Is there an authorized repair center in the USA? Thanks again for all your help.

-Flipboy02

Feb 8, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #1,190 of 1,676
Thanks for the reply, Mr Panda Man,

Yes I did a reset, and even tried to power up with the Andes connected to the wall charger then even tried with it connected to my MBP. Still nothing. I'm really down about this. I was using the Sony XBA-3iP IEMs and then tried using small portable computer speakers (cheap from $5 and Below store) and the Apple stock iPhone 5 headphones. and nothing works. 

Is there an authorized repair center in the USA? Thanks again for all your help.

-Flipboy02
It sounds dead.

You will need to wait for Fiio reponse. The only repair center is in China as far as i know

Feb 9, 2014 at 11:40 PM Post #1,196 of 1,676
Maybe someone already posted this, but I would like to report that the 07k works with Microsoft Surface smoothly by just plugging into the standard USB port.

On the question side: Does "gain +6dB" increases output power (mW) and what would it be at 67ohms?

Feb 9, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #1,197 of 1,676
  Maybe someone already posted this, but I would like to report that the 07k works with Microsoft Surface smoothly by just plugging into the standard USB port.

On the question side: Does "gain +6dB" increases output power (mW) and what would it be at 67ohms?

Yes it does! And thanks for confirming

There are no official measurements at 67 ohms. The closest would be 220mW @ 32 ohms

Users who are viewing this thread

Back