Fiio are starting to freak me out ...
Jun 15, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #17 of 40
If you took the name and bass boost off most of their stuff to give it more "cred" it wouldn't be hard to charge several times the MSRP to unsuspecting subjectivists who would immediately sing its praises to all who would listen.

evil_smiley.gif

Jun 15, 2011 at 8:33 PM Post #18 of 40

Quote:
If you took the name and bass boost off most of their stuff to give it more "cred" it wouldn't be hard to charge several times the MSRP to unsuspecting subjectivists who would immediately sing its praises to all who would listen.

evil_smiley.gif

I know I'm a broken record on this, but put the E9 behind a curtain at a meet, plug a decent source in one end and a reasonable pair of cans in the other, then ask people for feedback on your 'new prototype mystery amp'. Its up there with the KSC-75 and SR60 on the bang-for-buck ladder.

Jun 15, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #20 of 40
The main E11 thread has over 84K 'Views' in, what, 2 months ? Forgive me if I got the timelines wrong - its all become a bit of a blur and others are foaming at the mouth at the prospect of an amp that hasnt even been released yet.

I dont know how well that translates to sales, but you'd have to assume that Fiio have a major winner on their hands with the E11.

Jun 18, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #21 of 40
my ffio e5 is definitely bang for the buck and my soon to arrive fiio e7 is supposed to be amazing for the price as well. i love this company and am very satisfied with my purchases.

Jun 19, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #22 of 40
The E7 is a significant upgrade over the E5, based purely on what I have read here. Even some of the early hysteria over the E11 now seems to be tempered with acknowledgements that its not on the same level as its more expensive sibling. C'est La Vie.

Jun 20, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #25 of 40
Sorry, didn't know you meant the DAC/amp and the e9 is only amp more expensive. Never heard the e7 so no opinion but that one seems in the minority. I'm only aware of one member that prefers the amp stage of his e7 and I think some aren't experimenting enough with settings. There's always room for differing opinions.

Sep 15, 2011 at 5:18 AM Post #26 of 40
The E5 was my first amp, now I own a Headstage Arrow.

Oct 23, 2012 at 6:27 AM Post #27 of 40
Quote:
I know I'm a broken record on this, but put the E9 behind a curtain at a meet, plug a decent source in one end and a reasonable pair of cans in the other, then ask people for feedback on your 'new prototype mystery amp'. Its up there with the KSC-75 and SR60 on the bang-for-buck ladder.

I've had a fair amount of fiio products in the past and none have impressed me more than the fiio e9. I reckon it's their best product (functionality of fiio e17 is amazing though) but funnily enough, it's probably the most underrated. 
Most of my cans are the low impedance high sensitivity type and I've compared the fiio e9 against quite a lot of amps, some a lot more expensive, in the past and it's always held up very well. The most often perceptible difference is that it delivers less horizontal width soundstage but more of a verticle height soundstage. Apart from that, there's been little difference to be honest. The other portable fiio amps/dacs are brilliant for their price, but the difference between higher end equipment are more apparent than with the fiio e9's case. 

Oct 23, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #29 of 40
Props to FiiO, any company that values a good mix of quality and cost, even little things like using OLED screens and Oyaide wires, I appreciate that.  I like where the company is going, it looks like they improve and innovate constantly although it's a bit frustrating too, buy an E5, then the E7 comes out, buy the E7 and then the E17 Alpen comes out, and so on...  At least it keeps the field interesting and gives us cost-conscious Head-Fiers a good bang-for-your-buck option, even if they aren't in the same league as the premium boutique lines.

Oct 24, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #30 of 40
From what I've read FiiO's products (amps, dacs, lods, ...) are, in terms of quality, like Beats Electronics products (headphones, ..., Beats Audio). They're both for masses. Obviously what matters is that they cost (much) less than entry-level audiophile products. I have no experience with any of their products. Am I missing something here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back