Fiio are starting to freak me out ...
Oct 24, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #31 of 40
Quote:
From what I've read FiiO's products (amps, dacs, lods, ...) are, in terms of quality, like Beats Electronics products (headphones, ..., Beats Audio). They're both for masses. Obviously what matters is that they cost (much) less than entry-level audiophile products. I have no experience with any of their products. Am I missing something here?

They are NOT beats electronics. They are a company that puts USER FRIENDLY DESIGN and SOUND first. Beats puts celebrity endorsements and "swag" first.

Oct 24, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #32 of 40
Quote:
From what I've read FiiO's products (amps, dacs, lods, ...) are, in terms of quality, like Beats Electronics products (headphones, ..., Beats Audio). They're both for masses. Obviously what matters is that they cost (much) less than entry-level audiophile products. I have no experience with any of their products. Am I missing something here?

That's a woeful analogy. I doubt that anyone is buying Fiio toys 'becoz they're, like, cool .....'.  

Fiio is a gateway drug to a much bigger universe. Beats are a hot-shot to oblivion, 

Oct 24, 2012 at 4:24 PM Post #33 of 40
Am I missing something here??

You haven't got anything there in the first place. You're missing everything mate.

That's my answer if that post was a troll post. If it wasn't then, well, fiio cater for the audiophile audience (lower budget ones, but nevertheless, audiophiles). Beats cater for the mass general young public who are interested in headphones to wear out in public / listen to music. 

Jan 2, 2013 at 6:20 AM Post #34 of 40
I own a V-MODA LP2 and Fiio e17. I can't listen to anything else, to be honest.

Jan 2, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #35 of 40
Am I missing something here??

You haven't got anything there in the first place. You're missing everything mate.

That's my answer if that post was a troll post. If it wasn't then, well, fiio cater for the audiophile audience (lower budget ones, but nevertheless, audiophiles). Beats cater for the mass general young public who are interested in headphones to wear out in public / listen to music. 

Beats cater for the people who want dull sound and a lump of plastic on their head.

This Is a true story: I was in HMV (in the UK ATM) and I was flexing and twist some house of marly's 90 degrees to see the quality of them. (They didn't break) Then, after a girl saw me doing what i did with the marly's, the stupid girl then went up to the beats solos and tried to do the same thing, and the beats solo snapped. Truestory.jpg.

Jan 2, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #36 of 40
Well, I've never been interested in an amp. Every headphone I own doesn't suffer without amplification - IEMs, like IE80s, or portable cans like the Momentums.

Where does FiiO come in? Their affordable E11 caught my eye, and the good reviews and general usability of the amp led to me purchasing one just to try it out. With luck, I'll probably upgrade amps when I need one, and maybe the humble E11 will be a gateway to higher-end headphones which scale up with lots of juice. That's the magic of the FiiO line, I think - they're helping less experienced enthusiasts such as myself get into the big leagues, just by providing an affordable quality product.

I'll be picking up my amp from a friend's US address in a couple weeks, and I'm sure I'll like it. I think FiiO is doing great work.

Jan 2, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #37 of 40
I have an E11, and an L11 for my iPhone 4. Really impressed with the build quality and SQ. The E11 came with a slightly dented battery cover, and wouldn't close all the way. FiiO sent me a replacement battery cover no questions asked. Came with a free t-shirt as well. As a previous poster said, this Koolaid tastes just fine to me.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 13, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #38 of 40
E17. Probably the best one so far, save the desktop amp + E17 combo.

Feb 13, 2013 at 6:33 AM Post #39 of 40
Quote:
Well, I've never been interested in an amp. Every headphone I own doesn't suffer without amplification - IEMs, like IE80s, or portable cans like the Momentums.

Where does FiiO come in? Their affordable E11 caught my eye, and the good reviews and general usability of the amp led to me purchasing one just to try it out. With luck, I'll probably upgrade amps when I need one, and maybe the humble E11 will be a gateway to higher-end headphones which scale up with lots of juice. That's the magic of the FiiO line, I think - they're helping less experienced enthusiasts such as myself get into the big leagues, just by providing an affordable quality product.

I'll be picking up my amp from a friend's US address in a couple weeks, and I'm sure I'll like it. I think FiiO is doing great work.

In deep, portable headphone amp is not magic device to anyone or any headphones, but it does to improve the sound experience for someone. in audio world, the improvement is not as noticeable as video device. most people can easy

tell the different between any video device, so it maybe a good way to start from an inexpensive amp in case you can't find the improvement when you buy a very expensive amp. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Feb 13, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #40 of 40
I've got 2 Headstage Arrows, and a Fiio E11, but I'm really curious about the E12.  I'll probably pick one up at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back