Fiio amps?
Sep 15, 2008 at 2:30 AM Post #603 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by portaprostud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The fiio is not as great of a bargain as I thought. With a decent battery and quality charger, you add another $25. So, total cost of a fiio with battery and charger is $35, not $8.

What kind of bargain are you looking for? An amp that run without battery? May be you should set your bargain standard more realistically...
wink.gif

Sep 15, 2008 at 6:37 AM Post #604 of 877
I just got a FiiO E3 for $8.50 and think that for the cost it does it job very nicely. No complaints, for $8.50 one needs to be realistic!

Does any one know what is inside?

Steve

Sep 15, 2008 at 7:11 AM Post #605 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevesebastianb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just got a FiiO E3 for $8.50 and think that for the cost it does it job very nicely. No complaints, for $8.50 one needs to be realistic!

Does any one know what is inside?

Steve

Look at the first few pages of the thread for photos of internals and amplifier details

Sep 15, 2008 at 10:37 AM Post #607 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The FiiO hisses a lot with my PortaPro.

I didn't hiss alot for my SportaPro but it sure hisses alot with my Sony MDR-EX76LP IEM.
confused_face(1).gif

Sep 19, 2008 at 11:45 AM Post #611 of 877
Well, I like it more for the size than anything else. I was one of those who totally shied away from the idea of lugging around an amp that was bulkier than my player. I got to try it out at Jaben when auditioning some large headphones and found it to be surprisingly good for casual/portable listening. Since I intend to get a pair of Denon D1000 soon, the little Fii0 makes plenty of sense. Now I'm rediscovering how my CX300s and PX-200 can sound with my oldiePod.

Sep 19, 2008 at 1:50 PM Post #612 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by jigabachi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I like it more for the size than anything else. I was one of those who totally shied away from the idea of lugging around an amp that was bulkier than my player.

And getting a bulkier player was out of question?

Sep 19, 2008 at 2:56 PM Post #613 of 877
Choice of player IS personal, ya? I just like the sound signature of the 2G iPod over the current slimmer-than-a-waif-model players. That and the instant response of the older monochrome LCD menu system. Heck, the 2G outlived my 4G iPod! :)

Sep 21, 2008 at 8:47 PM Post #614 of 877
Mine should be here this week! I really hope I don't receive a bum model like a lot of people here have...

Sep 21, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #615 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoNtO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine should be here this week! I really hope I don't receive a bum model like a lot of people here have...

Well, take into account the fact that only a few people have posted on this forum that their FiiO was defective, and also take into account that the FiiO has been consistently sold out almost all the time, and you'll discover it's only a small percentage of people who have (reported) defective models. Mine is still going strong after nearly two months now
L3000.gif
and I can't wait for the E5, will definately be picking one of those up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back