Fiio amps?
Jun 9, 2010 at 1:03 PM Post #871 of 877
thank's i have just read the thread on the fiio L1 lod cable and have ordered one (£5 e-bay)
although i think when i buy some new headphones (probably audio technica ath ad700) i may also buy an ibasso cable at the same time. thanks for the advice.

Nov 28, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #872 of 877
Hi guys and gals,

I am very tempted to buy a FiiO E5 as the price is so good on Amazon and it looks very small and neat. The only problem is, I don't have any particularly suitable portable headphones. I currently own a pair of Jays a-jays 3s IEMs but would like to purchase a pair of portable headphones as well and need your recommendations. I looked at the audio technica ES7s but read a lot about them being uncomfortable and prone to scratching - not great in a portable phone. ES55s look good but I don't know if they would isolate sound well as they are so small - although they did win the What HiFi award recently (that may mean nothing!) - anyone own these? Sennheiser seem to have a vast selection as well.

Criteria:
Budget - around £100 ($160)
Portable and strong
Works well with FiiO E5 (with line out from iPod Touch 2G)
Good sound isolation

Any help or recommendations would be more than appreciated.

Nov 30, 2010 at 2:43 PM Post #873 of 877

[size=medium]
I seem to have a real knack for silencing popular threads! 

Nobody got any recommendations for me? What are you all using with your FiiO amps?
[/size]

Nov 30, 2010 at 5:14 PM Post #875 of 877

Quote:
I'm not using my three FiiO E5 (and two FiiO E3) for anything. If you have a proper player, you don't need them.

So you think my iPod Touch should be good enough on its own? Does using the line out not improve the sound a lot?

Mar 3, 2011 at 11:39 AM Post #876 of 877
I just tried the E7 hooked up to my Ipad with my Grados and it sounds pretty good. Decent for less than $100.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back