Fiio amps?
Aug 6, 2008 at 5:40 AM Post #286 of 877
Got mine yesterday, listened to it thru my iPod shuffle 1G and the PK2s.. very nice. It adds a very enjoyable "ooomph" that the PK2s were missing, it especially shines with Electronica/Dance. I have to say this again, for $14 it is such a steal. Gonna try it with some trance soon...

Edit: WOW. Just WOW. The weakest part of the PK2s were Trance: it just didn't sound right. Fiio fixes it, and it does it very well. I can't wait for the next version of this little device.

Aug 6, 2008 at 2:03 PM Post #287 of 877
Clip > FiiO > HD25-1.
This makes me go swingin' on my computer chair!
Very warm, chocolaty sound that's great for hip hop/rap!

Aug 6, 2008 at 9:07 PM Post #288 of 877
I just received mine in the mail today, came from China, cost a whopping $12 including shipping. My setup is this:

Archos 504 40GB > FiiO > V-moda Vibe

fiio-and-archos-front.JPG

fiio-and-archos-back.JPG

Velco'd to the back of the Archos with clear hockey tape (can you tell I'm Canadian?
wink.gif
) holding the cord in place

I've only listened for about half an hour so far, but after plugging it in I had to turn my bass boost setting on my Archos down from 2 to 0 (max is 4) and re-adjust my equalizer, and it now honestly sounds MUCH better than it did. I may have just had my equalizer set bad before but I think there's more to it than that. Bass sounds tighter (and slightly louder, with the bass boost off and the bass and mid-bass turned down in the EQ...was a fair bit louder), mid and treble is more clear and I can now picture the individual instruments in my head and place them apart from each other; it sounds like whatever band I'm listening to set up in my room and started playing. Now, I don't think of myself as an audiophile; just an enthusiast, but to my ear it just generally makes all the music I've listened to so far sound better, from Red Hot Chili Peppers to Rage Against the Machine to Lamb of God to Dimmu Borgir to Gorillaz to Iron Maiden to Black Sabbath to Buckethead to Pink Floyd to Rush; they ALL sound better in most every way. I also want to thank this forum; it was after reading threads on this forum that I decided to buy both the FiiO and my Vibes (had the Vibes for a long while now). So, thank you
icon10.gif

Only problem is now the sound is more appealing than my home theater (got my laptop plugged into that) so now I guess I gotta upgrade that
wink.gif
Time to start saving a couple grand
tongue.gif

I'm going out to field test my rig in a few minutes, gotta take my doggie to the vet. Let's see if it can beat the gauntlet (downtown Toronto) shall we? I'll report back afterwards.

Aug 7, 2008 at 12:13 PM Post #293 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Browstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got in the mail this morning.

2740078954_9725d3bf1a.jpg

It works like a charm on my Sansa e200

That looks sweet behind the Sansa. I purchased two e270s ($45/each shipped from froobi.com) as well as three of the Fiio amps. The amps are still showing "processing" a week later.

Aug 7, 2008 at 6:32 PM Post #295 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Browstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I got in the mail this morning.

2740078954_9725d3bf1a.jpg

It works like a charm on my Sansa e200

Hi "paisano"

Im waiting for mine, where did u get it?

Aug 8, 2008 at 7:30 PM Post #300 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moontan13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ebay, where else? But the black one costs $2 more.

Ah, gotcha. Ebay had no black ones up when I checked yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back