Fiio amps?
Aug 3, 2008 at 11:59 PM Post #271 of 877
Yeah you could RMAA it until you get a flat curve, but it'd still create distortion by applying two levels of equalisation...

Aug 4, 2008 at 12:08 AM Post #272 of 877
Pre-processing with an EQ in the DSP stack before compression for player?

Any frequency graphs for the E3 out there?

Aug 4, 2008 at 12:54 AM Post #276 of 877
Anyway, best setup so far: Cowon T2->100-ohm impedance adapter->FiiO E3->VSonic R-02 Pro. In that order. +100 ohm between the player and the amp turn the R-02 Pro into bass monsters (which is a complete reversal of their original sonic balance - delicate bass, wide-open midrange/treble).

Also the mini-mini cable is rather crummy, a home-baked twisted pair interconnect does magic compared to the original.

Aug 4, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #277 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seidhepriest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyway, best setup so far: Cowon T2->100-ohm impedance adapter->FiiO E3->VSonic R-02 Pro. In that order. +100 ohm between the player and the amp turn the R-02 Pro into bass monsters (which is a complete reversal of their original sonic balance - delicate bass, wide-open midrange/treble).

Also the mini-mini cable is rather crummy, a home-baked twisted pair interconnect does magic compared to the original.

Yeah, anyway, consdeirng the Anythingbutipod Freq. graph, tweaked the EQ so the second band so it's at 500 Hz set to 0 so it's -2,0,0,2,5.
Basically near flat but a bit more bright at the lower treble (+ to counter the darkening of the treble by the Fiio).
Mainly got Vorbis -q8 files on my D2, which is 99.5% transparent to lossless to my ears.

Aug 4, 2008 at 4:50 AM Post #278 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seidhepriest /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How woudl the VSonic R-02 Pro sound without the 100 ohm adaptor? I'm thinking about buying the fiio to add to my Fuze and VSonic R-02 Pro.

Aug 4, 2008 at 8:17 PM Post #279 of 877
Got me RE2's back from replacement today. Fang = legend, I even lost one of the large biflanges but he still replaced that with a new set. Big big thumbs up to Head-Direct. Will tes tout the Fiio with the RE2's today and I'll tweak the EQ to counter for the lack of bass with the RE2's by setting it to: 0,0,0,2,5. (might bump it up if I feel it still lacks bass). We'll see how it senergises.
Will test it out on a flat EQ as well.

Aug 4, 2008 at 8:25 PM Post #280 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by donnytuco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How woudl the VSonic R-02 Pro sound without the 100 ohm adaptor? I'm thinking about buying the fiio to add to my Fuze and VSonic R-02 Pro.

For $8,50 it's a no-brainer
dt880smile.png
Seriously.

Aug 4, 2008 at 9:44 PM Post #281 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by donnytuco /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They "cancel out" each other's tonal leanings. The R-02 frequency response has treble and midrange elevated over bass, the FiiO E3 boosts everything below 500 Hz, so even though the sound isn't that even (obviously coloured), R-02 do get a nice natural bass boost from the FiiO amp. Only snag is, they do lose some of the high-frequency super-detail. Overall they get more bass, more punchiness, but it's not solid bass bloom/boost and added stability as with the +100-ohm adapter. The adapter only takes a miniplug, a minijack, and three 100-ohm resistors. All available for pennies in an electronic store. Soldering is optional, duct tape and plastiline can be used to isolate connections, and resistors can be tied onto jack/plug contacts.

Aug 5, 2008 at 12:36 PM Post #282 of 877
Oh Snap!
iPhone > FiiO > Shure E4C actually sounds warm and fun now!
and that combo with the HD25-1.. Bass Galore!

Aug 5, 2008 at 3:38 PM Post #284 of 877
Tight bass galore
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back