Fiio amps?
Aug 11, 2008 at 4:17 PM Post #316 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by epithetless /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by geob
Just be patient. The factory is now producing black cases.
smily_headphones1.gif

So I expect Dealextreme should be stocking them soon. Patient I will be.
wink.gif

...and here they are: FiiO E3 3.5mm Earphone Volume Booster Power Amplifier (Black) for $8.45 shipped at Dealextreme.

Aug 11, 2008 at 10:27 PM Post #318 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmiarka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered the black one off eBay. Let's hope it's the black one...it's crazy to pass something like this up for the price. First amp I'll own...should go good with the FreQ Shows arriving shortly!
smily_headphones1.gif

MP4 MP5 iPod iPhone PSP NDS Amp PreAmp Fiio E3 BLACK BK - eBay (item 180275047199 end time Aug-18-08 03:58:43 PDT)

I was about to paste this very same auction for the black FiiO amp, but you beat me to it.

Yes, I too bit on this opportunity to get a rare black FiiO amp, in fact, I got two of them, let's see how well they perform with my 40-ohm (NC on)/100-ohm (NC off) Sony MDR-NC60 noise-canceling headphones. I hope it works as well as or better with them than my Boostaroo Revolution (without the annoying 3-D surround imaging, of course). With the FiiO's added bass boost, I can almost count on it bring out a fuller audio and better synergy (along with the DAP's own EQ) into my NC60's that have been lacking for quite a while.

Also, hopefully, there will be a big demand for more color choices (especially over in Asia and Japan, where multiple color choices of MP3/MP4/MP5 players, phones and IEM's are commonplace), and as soon as they make a silver one, I wll get one (or even two) of those for my silver components, as I don't want to have to dissect either a black or white unit just to give it a custom paint job at an automotive paint place (certainly not out of a spray can of Krylon for sure!!!) on one to match my assortment of DAP's that are in silver.

Expect pics when the black ones come in.

Aug 11, 2008 at 11:02 PM Post #319 of 877
Not read. Does this thing come with its own IC lead, bit pointless if it doesn't.

Aug 12, 2008 at 12:47 AM Post #321 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGHMW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Expect pics when the black ones come in.

Definitely. I'll post some pics as soon as it comes in. I'm sure others will beat me too it though.

Bought the black for my black iPhone 3G. This will be a nice portable setup. Never used an amp before so it will be fun to experience the difference.

Aug 12, 2008 at 12:58 AM Post #322 of 877
I thought I would get in on the fun. It will be interesting to compare it to what I have. Should be fun, I would say. :^) got it in black.

Aug 12, 2008 at 1:55 AM Post #323 of 877
Ordered a black one. Hopefully, the low-end boost is exactly what I'm hoping for, as a lack of bass is the only thing that I don't like about my MX 55.

Aug 12, 2008 at 5:27 AM Post #324 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajmiarka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definitely. I'll post some pics as soon as it comes in. I'm sure others will beat me too it though.

Bought the black for my black iPhone 3G. This will be a nice portable setup. Never used an amp before so it will be fun to experience the difference.

Here is a photo of the Black and White together. Black is available in NZ even though we are at the end of the world just before you step off the flat bit.

The supplied cable is now shorter by 180 mm's and Black ones come with black cables.

Aug 12, 2008 at 10:42 AM Post #326 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chri5peed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not read. Does this thing come with its own IC lead, bit pointless if it doesn't.

Asks again.

Aug 12, 2008 at 11:05 AM Post #328 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moontan13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It appears Ebay is messing with listings again.

I was going to order another Fiio amp for a friend, but the cheapest one was now $18 and they didn't have black. That was using "headphone amplifier" as the search term in Consumer Electronics where I found mine.

Use Fiio as the search term and the black one for $14 is there.

DealExtreme: $8.50 FiiO E3 3.5mm Earphone Volume Booster Power Amplifier (White) $8.50, free shipping.

And yes, Dealextreme is reputable, I've ordered from there multiple times.

Aug 12, 2008 at 12:23 PM Post #330 of 877
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4saken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Comes with a basic, long mini to mini if that is what you are asking about.

Yes, its essential, can't connect it otherwise. It'd be a bit pointless to buy one from Ratshack.

I'll order a black one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back