FIGHT THE BEATS HYPE (Ultrasone HFI-580/HFI 580 appreciation thread)
Jan 17, 2011 at 2:26 AM Post #16 of 685

A

Sorry Chinese, I'm gonna go with Crow on this. Although I think they're great value, they're essentially not-so-pretty rebranded HFI-550's. On a side note, to my knowledge the HFI-580's don't seem to simply be rebadged HFI-550's: two distinctly separate (yet related) phones.

@Chinese: Ah, my bad, i was referring to the Ozma 5's

Jan 17, 2011 at 2:44 AM Post #17 of 685
Jan 17, 2011 at 4:28 AM Post #19 of 685
Jan 17, 2011 at 5:52 AM Post #23 of 685

Quote:
Finally, a thread for the hfi-580's.
smily_headphones1.gif
These are my first (and so far only) cans. I'm running them out of my computer and clip+, but I'll be getting a ibasso D4 soon. Anybody here notice any difference between the 580's amped and unamped?

I mainly run my DJ1 (black&white HFI-580 with coiled cable) out of an iBasso D2+ and the difference it makes to the quality and quantity of the bottom end is, to my ears, significant. 

Jan 17, 2011 at 6:18 AM Post #25 of 685
It's always a bit difficult to say exactly how much of a bass difference it is. To get a better idea you would have to calculate the average value of 10 - 250Hz range or so vs the rest of the range, then compare. The higher the mids and highs are boosted the less bass will be heard too or vice versa, 10dB would be A HUGE difference, but in practice I think it may be more like a 5-6dB difference when comparing the whole frequency response range which would be also quite a lot.

Jan 17, 2011 at 6:20 AM Post #26 of 685

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up Farelistic, I'll try and demo them so I can recommend them to friends. Btw, great photo in the OP.

Thanks Eric!! Photography is a hobby of mine

Jan 17, 2011 at 11:13 AM Post #28 of 685
OK my bad, thought those 2 were discussed (Pro 550 vs HFI-580) as I haven't seen any HFI-550 for quite a while now.

Jan 17, 2011 at 12:40 PM Post #29 of 685
You know OP you bring up a good point that I think we forget when people often ask about the Beats, that many prespective buyers want good looking headphones.  And as much as we begrudge the Beats they really are sleek looking headphones.  In that respect (besides their exceptional sound quality) I think that Ultrasone's line is not recommended enough, especially as an alternative to the Beats.  They really are a beautiful line of headphones!  And to the OP those are some gorgeous pictures you have there!  Your phototgraphy skills are really quite impressive.

Jan 17, 2011 at 12:49 PM Post #30 of 685

Quote:
WhiteCrow said:
/img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:
genclaymore said:

thanks ass, and I just hate the way they look, it looks the HFI-400 shell.

Woops I didnt mean to spell your name as "whitecow" It just was how I read it early in the moring when I was half asleep. I meant to put "whitecrow" It was a honest typo, wasnt trying to insult you or any thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back