FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Dec 29, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #2,791 of 3,064

Yuuup, this. 

Well that attract me very much but it's much over my budget too. 
frown.gif
I just want some cheap DAC with usb-size to pair with my A83.
frown.gif

And i think i'm fine with my stock cable, it isn't annoy me that much. I'm not listening to music a lot while outside so i don't want to spend too much on my portable devices.
ph34r.gif

Dec 29, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #2,792 of 3,064
Well that attract me very much but it's much over my budget too. :frowning2: I just want some cheap DAC with usb-size to pair with my A83. :frowning2:
And i think i'm fine with my stock cable, it isn't annoy me that much. I'm not listening to music a lot while outside so i don't want to spend too much on my portable devices. :ph34r:

Then maybe Schiit Fulla?

http://schiit.com/products/fulla

Dec 29, 2015 at 11:29 AM Post #2,794 of 3,064
Hmm i think it's good but i'm looking for some devices like Zuper DAC (i hear it used ESS 9023 chip), or catlyx pat,  hrt i-dsp,... did you had experience with those?

Nope, haven't heard those.

You may also consider iBasso Dzero MK2, sounds nice with A83.

I'm a portable player kinda person, don't listen at the computer.

Dec 29, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #2,795 of 3,064
Nope, haven't heard those.

You may also consider iBasso Dzero MK2, sounds nice with A83.

I'm a portable player kinda person, don't listen at the computer.

I got blown away with this review: www.head-fi.org/t/789656/zorloo-zuperdac-review-by-mark2410
I think i will give this DAC or the Fulla a try when i have a chance.
Thank you for your advise.
Damn maybe i will go with a tralucent combo one day, i heard that their IEM are very good.
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 29, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #2,796 of 3,064
I got blown away with this review: www.head-fi.org/t/789656/zorloo-zuperdac-review-by-mark2410
I think i will give this DAC or the Fulla a try when i have a chance.
Thank you for your advise.
Damn maybe i will go with a tralucent combo one day, i heard that their IEM are very good. :bigsmile_face:  

Follow your heart friend!

Go with those gut instincts, you'll only find out we go around in one big circle anyway. Try this, buy that, well that didn't work out.. oh look at this new product.

Its just one big merry go round rotating with lights streamers and horses, complete with clown music.

:wink:

Goodluck!

Dec 29, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #2,797 of 3,064
Hey Guys, long time no talk via forums, I just wanted to check up on the A83 forums and also wanted to ask for assistance with a cable replacement for fidue a83 there has been some imbalance and distortion and I am 99.9 percent sure it is the cable. Now as far as price the cheaper the better but nothing that isnt at least solid quality, and I am willing to get a better cable as well. I know there has been mention via this forum because I have read the majority of this forum being apart of it daily at one point. But I do not have the time for it right now, and so any help woiuld be appreciated.

Dec 29, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #2,798 of 3,064
Hey Guys, long time no talk via forums, I just wanted to check up on the A83 forums and also wanted to ask for assistance with a cable replacement for fidue a83 there has been some imbalance and distortion and I am 99.9 percent sure it is the cable. Now as far as price the cheaper the better but nothing that isnt at least solid quality, and I am willing to get a better cable as well. I know there has been mention via this forum because I have read the majority of this forum being apart of it daily at one point. But I do not have the time for it right now, and so any help woiuld be appreciated.

There isn't really a general consensus on the best replacement cable for A83.

If you want to play it safe the genuine Shure SE535, SE215, etc cables are a good option. Or you can find plenty of cheaper options on eBay USA, mainly from China if you search for 'Shure cable'. Anywhere from $20 upwards.

Some of the China cables are totally fine.

Dec 30, 2015 at 2:53 AM Post #2,799 of 3,064
Quote:

Look for something that says it fits with Shure SE line and it'll work on the A83 (at least versions 1 and 2, no confirmation about version 3). I'll say that I personally am just using a cheap one from Lunashops and it works great. I got mine cuz one of my ears was cutting in and out at certain angles so I knew it had to do with the connection. Got a Lunashops cable marked for Shure SE and UE900 IEMs and it fit perfectly, fixed my problems.

Dec 31, 2015 at 3:44 AM Post #2,800 of 3,064

Yuuup, this. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Tralucent-Audio-DacAmp-One-Portable-Amplifier-/321951385123?hash=item4af5cc4623:g:h~oAAOSw-W5UtjMm

Was originally $500 USD but they're clearing out old stock for just $199. If you search this thread you will hear me rave about the DacAmp One with my A83, there's also a thread you can find in the portable amps section. Its extremely high in detail and resolution, it was just priced to high on release imo but now its a steal. I still own mine.

Also, look for some form of aftermarket or alternative cable for your A83, doesn't need to be expensive, the stock cable doesn't allow the housings to swivel due to a locking pin on the stock cable plugs,  this limits their insertion angle. I do respect the stock cable, though you can dramatically increase the fit and comfort.

See how you go on the stock cable first. 
smile.gif

$500 to $199 what a steal.
i read your review and just got the feeling i should take it and in case i didnt like it , can sell it here or locally :p

anyway i tried aftermarket cable last week, but really don't like the sound
it's like the sound stage is wider which is good but the drum sound become less punchy almost like sennheiser's hd558 (sorry but i don't know how to say this clearly) 
but the comfort was indeed a lot better

Dec 31, 2015 at 3:58 AM Post #2,801 of 3,064

$500 to $199 what a steal.
i read your review and just got the feeling i should take it and in case i didnt like it , can sell it here or locally :p

anyway i tried aftermarket cable last week, but really don't like the sound
it's like the sound stage is wider which is good but the drum sound become less punchy almost like sennheiser's hd558 (sorry but i don't know how to say this clearly) 
but the comfort was indeed a lot better

Its a highly capable dac/amp, the sound can be mentioned above DX80 and Cayin N6. I'm sure you will enjoy it. 
smile.gif

The aftermarket cable I'm using seemed to remove a percentage of grain from the mid-range, that edgy push in the upper regions has eased, it still sound very A83 like in detail but slightly smoother or evenly. The fit is much much better along with comfort. I just worry a little because the cable I purchased is rather fragile around the earhoops... handle with care.

The way I see things the A83 shells and drivers themselves are quite ccompetent little pieces of audio gear, why not milk the best out of them with a upgrade cables and strong sources. I have had my A83 sounding rather different with tip changes and circulating different sources at hand. I sure have got my moneys worth out of these...

Dec 31, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #2,802 of 3,064
Its a highly capable dac/amp, the sound can be mentioned above DX80 and Cayin N6. I'm sure you will enjoy it. :smile:

The aftermarket cable I'm using seemed to remove a percentage of grain from the mid-range, that edgy push in the upper regions has eased, it still sound very A83 like in detail but slightly smoother or evenly. The fit is much much better along with comfort. I just worry a little because the cable I purchased is rather fragile around the earhoops... handle with care.

The way I see things the A83 shells and drivers themselves are quite ccompetent little pieces of audio gear, why not milk the best out of them with a upgrade cables and strong sources. I have had my A83 sounding rather different with tip changes and circulating different sources at hand. I sure have got my moneys worth out of these...

Definitely excited for it
How fragile is it? It won't just break with normal usage isn't it? Haha

Dec 31, 2015 at 4:22 AM Post #2,803 of 3,064
Definitely excited for it
How fragile is it? It won't just break with normal usage isn't it? Haha

The dac/amp is not fragile, just the cable I'm using. 
smile.gif

Its very light around the earhoops, almost like a feather due to the silicon tubing.

I only use them around the house so should be fine.

Dec 31, 2015 at 4:28 AM Post #2,804 of 3,064
The dac/amp is not fragile, just the cable I'm using. :smile:

Its very light around the earhoops, almost like a feather due to the silicon tubing.

I only use them around the house so should be fine.

Yea I mean the cable :))
I've been looking for a replacement cable since I mainly use it on travel home-office and the ori cable just driving me crazy
So I was considering to buy it together with the dac since the seller is the same guy

Dec 31, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #2,805 of 3,064
Yea I mean the cable
smily_headphones1.gif
)
I've been looking for a replacement cable since I mainly use it on travel home-office and the ori cable just driving me crazy
So I was considering to buy it together with the dac since the seller is the same guy

Well, they're great cables, there is a connection with that seller to Tralucent. 
wink.gif

I've used them on many IEMs, from TF10, Shure SE535, my Rhapsodio RDB Mini,  if in doubt msg @djvkool about them one day.

Ask him about the tyaudio cables H20 recommends. 
devil_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back