1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread

First

Back
176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185
187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196
Next

Last
  1. Midgetguy

Well, you can still go up from the A83 with a universal. As @H20Fidelity and I agree on, the Tralucent 1+2 is an incredible IEM that bests the A83. I also liked the 1964 Ears (64 Audio) U6 more than the A83. Both are universals and both are incredible sounding IEMs (albeit with different sound signatures). But the important thing to know is that to go above the A83 will cost several times more. Nevertheless, yes there are upgrades to the A83 that don't have to be CIEMs.

2. desutruction
    Ah yeah, what I meant was a bit price-wise I guess (since CIEMs tend to cost double/triple)

3. H20Fidelity Contributor

I think there's plenty to upgrade from A83, problem is if we want to keep things real I can only suggest what I've heard.

Many other A83 owners felt SE846 was a direct upgrade.

What I really want is an A83 upgrade from Fidue themselves, at least see if they can push the bar further, they seem to have gone rather silent these last few months, nothing much after their A73.

4. desutruction
    Same thing! Dunu has lots of stuff coming up but I haven't heard much from Fidue

5. H20Fidelity Contributor
    Well I forgot to tell you guys, I was removing the cable from my A83 a few days ago and a section of plastic about the size of a match head broke off the left shell near the connection.

I glued it back on with craft glue correctly aligned, let that set then ran a layer of clear acrylic nail polish over the top to seal it.

Grotty grills, plastic falling off...

6. Midgetguy
    Yeah, and in my case, the problem is that I haven't heard that many IEMs. Of the high-end IEMs I've listened to, I liked the 1964 Ears U6 the most. The caveat is that the high-end stuff I've listened to is the 1+2, U6, U8, U10, and U12. So not a very large pool to pick from [​IMG]

7. desutruction
    Did they fix the connection of the right earpiece in later batches?

8. H20Fidelity Contributor

I can't say for certain. Although when changing cables recently and inspecting the MMCX connectors it appears the majority of faults will be caused by the male plug (cable side), particularly the thin pin which enters the female socket. When you look at the MMCX connectors the shell side (female) is really just a bore the male side inserts into, and there's not much that can go wrong on the shell side I can see.

So, I'm going to say in most cases a cable change should correct cutting out issues?

If others have had a different experience please share.

Also, there's interesting information I found on a forum regarding tightening loose MMCX connections.

I used this method to tighten the plugs on my aftermarket cable.

http://www.overclock.net/t/512436/official-ocn-headphones-and-earphones-club/27290

9. desutruction
    Thank you very much!

10. Midgetguy
    Yeah, my connections problems were fixed when I switched to a cable from Lunashops. So an aftermarket cable should do the trick.

11. voldemortnbk
    Guys i bought an Fidue A83 yesterday. My music type like this:

So the Fidue A83 or UE900 fit me better? And my source is just from phone, i don't like to buy DAP, i want to save my money for desktop combo. :'(
    Thank you.

12. H20Fidelity Contributor

Both IEM will do that style of music nicely. UE900 sounded considerably veiled in comparison to A83, like someone stuffed thick sheep wool inside the nozzles. The Fidue has greater clarity and detail.

You will be fine with your choice.

voldemortnbk likes this.
  13. Midgetguy
    I agree with @H20Fidelity. I think the A83 will fit better for this music. To me, the A83 gives better detail and treble accuracy.

voldemortnbk likes this.
  14. voldemortnbk

Thank you guys. Now i'm looking for a USB DAC to pair with A83. Got my eyes on the Audioquest Dragonfly 1.2 and Audioengine D3, hmm. I also like the Centrance Dacport Slim on Massdrop but the session was closed. Sad. :frowning2:

P.S: Any other option out there?

15. H20Fidelity Contributor

Yuuup, this. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Tralucent-Audio-DacAmp-One-Portable-Amplifier-/321951385123?hash=item4af5cc4623:g:h~oAAOSw-W5UtjMm

Was originally $500 USD but they're clearing out old stock for just $199. If you search this thread you will hear me rave about the DacAmp One with my A83, there's also a thread you can find in the portable amps section. Its extremely high in detail and resolution, it was just priced to high on release imo but now its a steal. I still own mine.

Also, look for some form of aftermarket or alternative cable for your A83, doesn't need to be expensive, the stock cable doesn't allow the housings to swivel due to a locking pin on the stock cable plugs,  this limits their insertion angle. I do respect the stock cable, though you can dramatically increase the fit and comfort.

See how you go on the stock cable first. [​IMG] 

First

Back
176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185
187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196
Next

Last