FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread
Aug 27, 2015 at 2:47 AM Post #2,356 of 3,064
So from what I'm gathering so far, the QC ones around your date are the newest versions, with both cable cinch and recessed sockets. And based on mine (I'll double check my QC slip when I have a chance this weekend) and @JimmyTryhard
's reports, the 2 old versions, distinguished by with/without cable cinch, but both with locking tabs instead of recessed sockets, Sometime around February was when they stopped production of the first version without a cable cinch and made the second version with the cable cinch. Then, a couple months later, perhaps due to reports of some connection issues for people here in the forums, they changed over to recessed sockets.

I will speculate that the sound quality has been consistent throughout these changes........

Aug 27, 2015 at 3:54 AM Post #2,358 of 3,064
I will speculate that the sound quality has been consistent throughout these changes........

I've had two pairs of A83 at the same time (from the same batch) side by side.

While they were extremely similar small variations were detected. One having a slightly narrower soundstage and being more grainy in the mid-range, however the overall sound was the same in basic form.  This is no surprise to me as slight tollerance differences are to be expected, its insane to think this is impossible.

I've encountered a few times even with well-known brands like Westone 4, Ostry, Brainwavz B2 and others. This is why when someone says they hear something different than another's impressions of the same product I always consider this possibility.

Its not the company changes the tuning, simply small variations when being built, batches etc.

Aug 27, 2015 at 6:45 AM Post #2,359 of 3,064
Anyway, since I've been doing the rounds recently with photo's of Cozoy Aegis in their thread I thought I'd grab some shots of Fidue A83 using the same technic.

But how did Uncle H20 get them to stay standing upright? O_o

Aug 27, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #2,360 of 3,064
Anyway, since I've been doing the rounds recently with photo's of Cozoy Aegis in their thread I thought I'd grab some shots of Fidue A83 using the same technic.

But how did Uncle H20 get them to stay standing upright? O_o

Looks amazing! My guess would be "magic" but what would I know... :wink:

Aug 27, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #2,361 of 3,064
Looks amazing! My guess would be "magic" but what would I know...
wink.gif

If you look closely, maybe you can see the string holding them up..

Aug 27, 2015 at 1:32 PM Post #2,365 of 3,064
Exactly! No one has reported sound quality throughout this thread as being bad, or sub par despite the changes, and that is good to hear!

Well from memory, since I have listened to the first two versions but 5 months apart, my two pairs did sound slightly different, but they do have overall the same character so I don't consider that to be any massive difference that can't be written off as just part of the manufacturing process like @H20Fidelity said. I think my current first version sounds a tiny bit less sibilant than my original second version set, but again, 5 months since I heard my original set and I've listened to at least 5 other sets of IEMs since then so my memory ain't the best
tongue.gif

Aug 27, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #2,366 of 3,064
Well...apparently they haven't solved the whole cutting out issue, even with the newer variations as my left one keeps going in and out no matter how many times I re-insert the connector.  So yeah, besides the subpar fit, now with this happening, I'm just going to return them.  It sucks because I absolutely LOVE the sound...it's just the rest of the package that isn't complete to me, especially for a >250 dollar headphone.

I really wanted to try the a73s as well, but now I'm scared.  Ugh.  The search begins again.

Aug 27, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #2,367 of 3,064
I was just gonna say you did it in pitch black with a glass table......but string works too I guess :p

There's definitely not string holding them upright. :wink:

It's a secret.

Well...apparently they haven't solved the whole cutting out issue, even with the newer variations as my left one keeps going in and out no matter how many times I re-insert the connector.  So yeah, besides the subpar fit, now with this happening, I'm just going to return them.  It sucks because I absolutely LOVE the sound...it's just the rest of the package that isn't complete to me, especially for a >250 dollar headphone.

I really wanted to try the a73s as well, but now I'm scared.  Ugh.  The search begins again.

Completely understand, I'd go crazy. All I can think of is digging through the threads photo gallery and look for that post where a member slightly bent the pin on his plug to correct the connection. I would find this but I'm on my phone atm.

Just returned from a 2am trip to the hospital actually..

Aug 27, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #2,368 of 3,064
All this talk about bad fit and detachable cable where you cannot replace the cable, because of awkward spot on the IEMS makes me so worried, mine are still on the way here in the mail. In here you cannot return everything you want however you like how you can do in the USA.

Aug 27, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #2,369 of 3,064

Well the A73s aren't detachable cables. Maybe those won't have any issues at all. But with these sort of issues, I can see why (besides the connector size) many CIEM manufacturers use the trusty 2-pin connector. I haven't read much of anything where people say those connectors have failed, just the cable parts.

There's definitely not string holding them upright.
wink.gif

It's a secret.
Completely understand, I'd go crazy. All I can think of is digging through the threads photo gallery and look for that post where a member slightly bent the pin on his plug to correct the connection. I would find this but I'm on my phone atm.

Just returned from a 2am trip to the hospital actually..

eek.gif
Oh no!

All this talk about bad fit and detachable cable where you cannot replace the cable, because of awkward spot on the IEMS makes me so worried, mine are still on the way here in the mail. In here you cannot return everything you want however you like how you can do in the USA.

This could be unfortunate for you or you might have no issues at all. For your sake, no matter which version you receive, I hope it's the latter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back