Ferrari of IEM's?
Jan 20, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #32 of 38
Quote:

I have both a GR07 MkII and an FXZ-200.  I've had about 200-300 hours of head time with the GR07 and maybe 100 now with the FXZ.  To my ears the FXZ is well above the GR07 overall, though decidedly less neutral and of course more expensive.  If either of these is a concern then the FXZ-100 should be the choice, no question.  But based on what the OP said the 200 should be the one.

So the 100s are the more neutral of the two...if they are a bit warmer than the GR07s, then these would suit me just fine. 

Jan 20, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #33 of 38
If you like bassy IEM, Phonak PFE232 and Earsonics SM3v2 and both excellent choice; However they're more Alfa Romeo than Ferrari.

When I mull about Ferrari, I somehow think of FitEar TG334 or Tralucent 1plus2. They're semi-custom with many hand-made components like a Ferrari.

You should also consider Etymotic ER-4P : The VW Golf of IEMs--Understated, long-running excellence.

Jan 20, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #35 of 38
Quote:
When I think "Ferrari," I picture the AKG K3003. But obviously it's outside the budget. 

Next choice would be the W4R. Maybe not a "Ferrari," but it's at least a Chevy Corvette. :)

The thing is, AKG reminds me more of Mercedes with their design schemes, especially with the K3k3.  The color scheme, design and everything really reminds me of Mercedes :p  

Jan 22, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #37 of 38
Quote:

The Ferrari of IEMs

I think that would be a hand built IEM, built with passion, beauty,Iconic, and powerful

I have something like that in the Skunk Works department

Truer words have never been spoken.  That is definitely true, the Ferrari of IEMs should be hand built, with passion, and beauty in mind; an icon at the end of the day.  Heir does fit those qualities for sure.  

Jan 22, 2013 at 4:41 AM Post #38 of 38
Quote:

I am ironic on forums because I'm so open to hearing everything everyone says but also aware there are those who trash well liked brands because they're well liked (counter-intuitive folks who enjoy being rebellious). 

We only trash BOSE to a certain extent and Beats by Dre. :p

So you are set on IEM? Or "normal sized" headphones are an option?

Ferrari IEMs: Red, expensive and must be finicky about the driver (get it? hahaha)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back