Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
May 4, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #3,136 of 6,413
Just finished reading it. I think you did a great job going through all the major bullet points and comparing them.  I have never heard the 8.A but it's clear that you did a good job because I feel like I can understand it's sound signature just knowing the AS-2's signature, which you seemed to hit dead on besides the fact that I do not have that bass valve you have...(fine, so I'm a bit jealous, just means money will be spent by me in the future to get it one day)

Thanks, that was exactly my goal, so I'm glad it was clear. I'll be able to polish a few things tomorrow, but I hope it helps.

May 4, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #3,137 of 6,413
It's a shame that they don't offer cheaper cover options.  Although it's all about sound, I have to admit the 50% price jump for a decent cover kinda turns me off.  Call me shallow haha, I don't care.  Maybe I'll make one myself with some of the materials I have in the shop, looks really easy.

May 5, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #3,138 of 6,413
Nice job, again, Kunlun.

May 5, 2013 at 5:52 PM Post #3,139 of 6,413
Quote:
It's a shame that they don't offer cheaper cover options.  Although it's all about sound, I have to admit the 50% price jump for a decent cover kinda turns me off.  Call me shallow haha, I don't care.  Maybe I'll make one myself with some of the materials I have in the shop, looks really easy.

I'll be in Madison on Wednesday if you want to come out and demo a set of ASG-2. You can also see first hand what some of the finishes look like. PM for details.

May 6, 2013 at 12:14 AM Post #3,142 of 6,413
Quote:
We will be in Chicago on Thursday. Would be great if you could come out. PM me for details.

Hello, sounds great! I plan on coming out. I'll send an email to get the place and time. It will be great seeing you (and the crew) again. 
beerchug.gif

May 6, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #3,144 of 6,413
Think we'll learn more at the end of this week. Dale said he's working with some retailers/vendors over an unforeseen issue regarding the G-1 to G-2 upgrade, and then he'll announce stuff.

In other cool news, seems like the big man himself digs the ASG-2:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/660684/official-ny-regional-spring-meet-april-20-2013-impressions/120#post_9412161

May 6, 2013 at 2:12 PM Post #3,145 of 6,413
Quote:
Any update on when the asg-2 will be purchasable on your site? And what the prices will be

It is available with discount on musicaacoustics....$598 frost finish - $999 for stealth with bass adj - email for pre-order discounts

May 6, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #3,146 of 6,413
Does going for the Stealth ASG-2 option from the ASG-1.2 mean we have to get the tunable bass port? It is just an add on option right for the frost version right? So if we want the aesthetics of the black version we are paying an additional $400? These upgrade option pricings are beginning to seem a bit scary.

May 6, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #3,147 of 6,413
Still waiting for mine. At this point I'll assume they're never coming so I can be pleasantly surprised if they ever do. It's nice that Aurisonics is out at meets and whatnot, but maybe they'd be better off staying home playing catch-up with their back orders. Just a constructive suggestion. Over two months overdue is a bit long for anyone. 

May 6, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #3,148 of 6,413
Quote:
Still waiting for mine. At this point I'll assume they're never coming so I can be pleasantly surprised if they ever do. It's nice that Aurisonics is out at meets and whatnot, but maybe they'd be better off staying home playing catch-up with their back orders. Just a constructive suggestion. Over two months overdue is a bit long for anyone. 

inb4kenman

jk jk

May 6, 2013 at 6:19 PM Post #3,149 of 6,413
Quote:
inb4kenman

jk jk

Someone call my name? 

Okay, so usual defense here......they're trying their best?!??

Not sure what to tell you, you should try emailing Aurisonics though because their have been cases of them trying to contact customers and awaiting responses from them before shipping. They'll be your best bet to finding out the reason behind the delay

May 6, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #3,150 of 6,413

Given that's what it seems like to is from the outside, I'm going to tentatively agree. Seems like an attempt at too much growth too fast. But who knows.

Think we'll learn more at the end of this week. Dale said he's working with some retailers/vendors over an unforeseen issue regarding the G-1 to G-2 upgrade, and then he'll announce stuff.

In other cool news, seems like the big man himself digs the ASG-2:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/660684/official-ny-regional-spring-meet-april-20-2013-impressions/120#post_9412161

No no. That's not right. They said end of the week last week, which has past, and the week before that, which has passed. You're just making an assumption based on the fact that "end of the week" has come and gone, twice, so it must be this week. But it's not like official announcements provide a clearer picture so yea, why not, end of the week it is.

Edit: While my comment is probably a bit harsh, I stand by it. They are having some trouble managing expectations due to the, I'm happy to say, reasonably quick success they've achieved and I feel they should handle it themselves responsibly rather than forum members defending them at every possible misstep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back