Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jul 2, 2012 at 12:20 AM Post #1,321 of 6,413
Is anyone using Sony hybrid tips with their ASG1.2? Ever since I switched to them I've been getting a much better seal, and along with it the good things that come with a better seal. The thing is, the tips' hole on top (nozzle?) are smaller than the tips that came with the ASG, so I'm wondering if it might affect the sound in a negative manner.

Jul 2, 2012 at 4:20 AM Post #1,324 of 6,413
Quote:
Dang, how did you managed to put them on? Sony hybrids are like for DBAs right?

I used the tips without the foams inside. The ones with the foam wouldn't fit. For the ones without the foam, the XS (red) size ones wouldn't fit either because their stems were too short. They kept popping out on their own.

Quote:
No, Hybrids are the same large bore size as the ASG were as the DBA-02 have small nozzles like shure and Etymotic.

Yep, it's almost the same size but the Hybrid tips seem to have a slightly smaller hole on top compared to the ones that came with the ASG, so I was wondering if this would affect the sound.

Jul 2, 2012 at 4:20 AM Post #1,325 of 6,413
Ok. I guess the hybrid's that came from the DBAs are in-house. Was not paying attention, sorry
biggrin.gif
  I was hoping the Comply tips last longer, they're the best tips for me on the ASGs.

Jul 2, 2012 at 8:42 AM Post #1,327 of 6,413
Quote:
Yep, it's almost the same size but the Hybrid tips seem to have a slightly smaller hole on top compared to the ones that came with the ASG, so I was wondering if this would affect the sound.

I believe the size of the bore affects the bass (don't quote me) so it may lessen the bass by an unnoticeable amount.

Jul 2, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #1,328 of 6,413
Also, for those who didn't quite understand the reasoning behind the ASG-1 "designed for vocalists" sound here's a more in depth explanation from an excerpt from my blog:

Quote:
[size=medium]

Explanation for the Sound

[/size]

[size=medium] The Radio-Like Sound[/size]

[size=medium] I had the pleasure of talking to Dale and he explained the reason why the ASG-1 sound the way it does. The radio-like sound was intentional and it is actually a benefit for a vocalist. I'm sure everyone has noticed at one point or another that you sound different when you speak into a microphone and play it back. That is because how you hear your voice is not how others hear your voice. The ASG-1 are tuned so that a vocalist can hear their voice as it sounds to others. What Dale was trying to achieve when creating the ASG-1 was to create a sound that is similar to the sound your ears pick up if you were to channel the sound waves coming out of your mouth towards your ears which, if done correctly sounds a lot like how the ASG-1 would. [/size]
[size=medium]  [/size]

[size=medium] Why is the Treble So Toned Down?[/size]

[size=medium] The treble was toned down because of the sibilance a vocalist can experience during performances and/or recordings. Why would sibilance be a worry? I'm sure everyone has heard feedback when you put a microphone too close to the speakers and the speakers start outputting a really high pitch sound. Now imagine this sound being played back directly in your ears, it would rip your head apart.[/size]

Jul 2, 2012 at 6:07 PM Post #1,330 of 6,413
Quote:
Also, for those who didn't quite understand the reasoning behind the ASG-1 "designed for vocalists" sound here's a more in depth explanation from an excerpt from my blog:

Hmn, so it's a blessing in disguise for Aurisonics? An IEM designed for a vocalist (I do sing but the original version is really shouty [hurt my ears>brain]) - after tuning into 1.2 - is now a known IEM for the music listeners
biggrin.gif
[Kudos to Aurisonics for really reading/listening the posts here @ hf.org and actually doing something about it]

We really just have to respect the fact that people hear differently. If its shouty for me, it's just plainly is. And it really doesn't equate to people not getting the 'designed for vocalists' stuff...

Let's enjoy the music some more...

Cheers.

Jul 2, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #1,332 of 6,413
Quote:
Hmn, so it's a blessing in disguise for Aurisonics? An IEM designed for a vocalist (I do sing but the original version is really shouty [hurt my ears>brain]) - after tuning into 1.2 - is now a known IEM for the music listeners
biggrin.gif
[Kudos to Aurisonics for really reading/listening the posts here @ hf.org and actually doing something about it]

We really just have to respect the fact that people hear differently. If its shouty for me, it's just plainly is. And it really doesn't equate to people not getting the 'designed for vocalists' stuff...

Let's enjoy the music some more...

Cheers.

Nope not a blessing at all. Really it's me trying to bring things into perspective as before I found this out, I never really knew what was so special about Aurisonics sound and what made them designed for vocalists. Yesterday I had a chat with Dale and this was how he explained his product design and I just thought it would be nice for me to share that with the community.

Jul 3, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #1,334 of 6,413
Agreed. That information was key to me understanding the AS-1's. Maybe he should have that on the site in the description area. 
Quote:
Nope not a blessing at all. Really it's me trying to bring things into perspective as before I found this out, I never really knew what was so special about Aurisonics sound and what made them designed for vocalists. Yesterday I had a chat with Dale and this was how he explained his product design and I just thought it would be nice for me to share that with the community.

Jul 3, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #1,335 of 6,413
My girlfriend is a classically trained vocalist and she LOVED the ASG-1, I would have bought her a pair if they weren't too big for her ears. She loved the "shouty" mids; she said they sounded "raw" and she liked that.
Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back