Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jan 5, 2022 at 1:27 AM Post #6,361 of 6,413
Jan 5, 2022 at 8:43 AM Post #6,362 of 6,413
Anyone here heard the new Fender Mix Pro IEMs? Bought the thirteen 6 recently and really enjoying them once EQ is applied, so wondering if the Mix Pro brings anything new to the table.

Have to say, the Thirteen 6 is one hell of an accomplished technical IEM once you tune the mud out of the midrange. Needs power, but the only thing I've heard take EQ better so far are the Audeze iSine and i3/i4 series, so there must be some pretty decent engineering and low distortion in the driver design.

Shame the tuning OOTB makes them sound dull and muffled to my ears. Been using the settings in AutoEQ and it's made one hell of a difference to the sound - still loads of that fat Aurisonics bass, but it's kind of like the resolution and clarity just gets cranked way up.

Was a huge fan of my ASG 2.5s back in the day - really wished Fender would have nailed another model like that.

Jan 9, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #6,364 of 6,413
What exactly do you have Mochill?

Jan 10, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #6,366 of 6,413
What else did they do? Want to share a pic? :)

I have 2x pairs ASG 2.5 but still looking for ASG 2.0

I had them in the past but I had to sell them

Jan 11, 2022 at 5:20 AM Post #6,368 of 6,413
AMAZING collection :)

Jan 15, 2022 at 5:40 AM Post #6,369 of 6,413
Hi hope everyone is staying safe ! I’m curious if anyone has any impressions on the ten 3? I picked them up blind used. I’m just waiting for them to be shipped to me. Thanks
Just got a pair of ten 3 new for 350. Really hard to find any info abt them online. Audited them side by side with mine JH Lola. How good are these ten3? I dont miss the Lola even though ten3 was running on 3.5 n Lola was on 4.4.balanve on shanling m3x. Comparatively good! Lola has a wider stage and sweeter highs. Clarity..bass were just as good. Love it. ! Now I am keen to hear the thirteen 6! How good can it get?

Jan 15, 2022 at 5:31 PM Post #6,371 of 6,413
I don't know where iv been for the last decade but i have only just found out Fender bought out Aurisonics! Lol i know bad😛 being a die hard basshead iv always wanted a set off AG.2.5/2.0's but they are like gold dust so gave up!
So after a bit of research am i right in thinking the Fender FX series are in fact the Aurisonics Bravo Series? If this is the case my important question is.
Are the Fender FXA2 exactly the same as the Aurisonics Kicker?
Are the Fender FXA6 exactly the same as the Aurisonics Forte?
I'm down sizing my collection a bit and want an exellent basshead monitor for out & about going balanced out my ES100 MK2. I assume the bass quantity is the same on both models but adding the BA to the FXA6 brings better technicalities?

Jan 15, 2022 at 8:00 PM Post #6,372 of 6,413
I don't know where iv been for the last decade but i have only just found out Fender bought out Aurisonics! Lol i know bad😛 being a die hard basshead iv always wanted a set off AG.2.5/2.0's but they are like gold dust so gave up!
So after a bit of research am i right in thinking the Fender FX series are in fact the Aurisonics Bravo Series? If this is the case my important question is.
Are the Fender FXA2 exactly the same as the Aurisonics Kicker?
Are the Fender FXA6 exactly the same as the Aurisonics Forte?
I'm down sizing my collection a bit and want an exellent basshead monitor for out & about going balanced out my ES100 MK2. I assume the bass quantity is the same on both models but adding the BA to the FXA6 brings better technicalities?
Me too! When I rea this thread on fender then saw aurisonic..that was like 13 years(or more!) ago when I test the ash cos it had a bass port for tuning bass..but price wise was out of my budget. Loved it. But compared to today's flagship iem prices...it's nothing

Jan 15, 2022 at 8:14 PM Post #6,373 of 6,413
Very little info on the thirteen 6 online. O ly 3 I found..
One says it's very good..need good dap but ex.
Ones says channel imbalance n sounds like cheap dynamic iem w little extension beyond bass.
Another compared it to ten 5 and said thirteen6 dont sound as good but could be due to lack of burning in. (Abt 60hrs burn in he said)
Of cos..plus comments in this thread...Seems to suggest that it's a good iem but not easy to drive..
Will stick to ten 3 for now...too much to spend on something w so little info.(N mostly negative or neutral)

Jan 15, 2022 at 10:26 PM Post #6,374 of 6,413
Very little info on the thirteen 6 online. O ly 3 I found..
One says it's very good..need good dap but ex.
Ones says channel imbalance n sounds like cheap dynamic iem w little extension beyond bass.
Another compared it to ten 5 and said thirteen6 dont sound as good but could be due to lack of burning in. (Abt 60hrs burn in he said)
Of cos..plus comments in this thread...Seems to suggest that it's a good iem but not easy to drive..
Will stick to ten 3 for now...too much to spend on something w so little info.(N mostly negative or neutral)
You bought yours from TC Accoustic?

For me, Ten5 did it for me with better balance SQ and bass respond though mids was a little lean but compensated by its clarify. Treble was actually the standout that captured my ears back in 2018 when I was hunting for a hybrid to complement my alien looking Elecom EHP SH-1000 LE- a pleasing organic and dynamic sounding 2xDD but with roll off treble. Well, Ten5 is going for less than 1k now versus 1.6k I paid back then. My biggest remorse I had was it used a proprietary 0.75mm pins which I had overlook during the demo. May be too engrossed by the treble…lol. Anyway, it’s a keeper and the stock cable was not bad either, which stayed till today.

Thirteen6 bass was too overwhelming and too centrestage for my ears. But it was not cheap back then.
Ten3 soundstage was a little smallish and not as powerful sounding as Ten5 for a dynamic bass IEM.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back