Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Aug 9, 2022 at 9:20 AM Post #6,391 of 6,413
Did they fix your ASG-2.5?
I had the same issue with my ASG 2.5. I had one driver blow out and no way to repair. The shame is that the ASG2.5 is such a unique sound that there are no replacements for it. I've even tried out several of the early Fender models to see if they replicated the sound, but none have that warmth, tight midbass and intimate sound that the 2.5 has. I'd love to hear some input if you've found a way to get your ASG fixed, or if you found any other IEM that is even close to the signature of this IEM!

Oct 26, 2022 at 8:24 PM Post #6,392 of 6,413
I had the same issue with my ASG 2.5. I had one driver blow out and no way to repair. The shame is that the ASG2.5 is such a unique sound that there are no replacements for it. I've even tried out several of the early Fender models to see if they replicated the sound, but none have that warmth, tight midbass and intimate sound that the 2.5 has. I'd love to hear some input if you've found a way to get your ASG fixed, or if you found any other IEM that is even close to the signature of this IEM!
I just tried out my asg 2.5s with headstage arrow 5tx amp for the first time in a few years. It's hard to replicate the level of clean bass these put out with the amp boosting low bass. It's so clean all the way to painful sound levels. Glad I have two pairs

Feb 1, 2023 at 9:49 AM Post #6,393 of 6,413
I just tried out my asg 2.5s with headstage arrow 5tx amp for the first time in a few years. It's hard to replicate the level of clean bass these put out with the amp boosting low bass. It's so clean all the way to painful sound levels. Glad I have two pairs
totally Agree. Despite being heavily colored, there is an atmospheric quality to the ASG2.5 that I can't find anywhere else. It can play EDM with a razor leading edge, snap a snare drum like you were 20 feet from the stage, and add a warmth to female vocals that is addictive. The driver was never stressed, and dynamics are probably the best of any IEM on the market. I wish I did have a second pair! I saw a freq graph of the 2.5 and just by looking at it, I know no one will ever make another. Everything now is "Harmon Target". The issue is, that sucking out the mid-bass is unnatural. A live concert is filled with activity in that range. I purchased some NOS Fender IEMS and they hint at the ASG2.5, but they lack the huge driver, and ultimately fall short. There are some very esoteric Discontinued Fenders out there with 13mm drivers, but if they blow out, you have $1200 in a trash can, since Fender won't even repair them. I've tried the 64 Audio NIO as well, and they are superb, but also soft and lack live-music realism. I have the Sony M9 and they have a wonderful freq response, but the Balanced armatures lack dynamics. My next try will be the Xelento Gen 2. Fingers crossed!

Feb 4, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #6,397 of 6,413
Thank you, but unfortunately I don't have a box, just the headphones, do FXA6 and FXA6 Pro have different sound signatures?
I would think they sound the same. When Fender announced their first line of products, they had the 5/6/7 series. Each had its own signature, driver count and cost. That line was never changed as far as I know, and only lasted a very short while, because they didn't sell well. So, I doubt they changed them to make a "Pro" and non-pro model. I bought the 6 in order to best find the sound that I had in my Aurisonic ASG2.5. It did have some similarities, in that it had a warm, thick and playful sound in the everything below the upper mids. The treble was, as in the ASG2.5 recessed, but not as dark as the ASG. And the 6 did not have the crazy mid-bass shelf that made the ASG so unique (and an acquired taste). Dynamics are also above average in the 6's, but I am not sure I have ever heard anything that had dynamics like the ASG2.5. Listening to live versions of music, you can place a snare at real-stage volume and I swear that the sound travels thru your whole body. That being said, I do love the 6's tho. The fit is great, and it is a wonderful IEM in the price range. Especially now, that you can get a NIB on ebay for $90..it's a steal.

Feb 4, 2023 at 2:42 PM Post #6,398 of 6,413
I paid 50€. But only the IEM without accessories.
Then another Futuresonic for 10 € without packaging but all eartips ect.
From the FXA6 I have found various measurements. Once with a huge 8kHz peak and a measurement with L-Sounding from Till (innerfidelity).
index.php

Source: superbestaudiofriends

FXA6.jpg

Feb 4, 2023 at 3:08 PM Post #6,399 of 6,413
I paid 50€. But only the IEM without accessories.
Then another Futuresonic for 10 € without packaging but all eartips ect.
From the FXA6 I have found various measurements. Once with a huge 8kHz peak and a measurement with L-Sounding from Till (innerfidelity).
index.php

Source: superbestaudiofriends

FXA6.jpg
The lower graph is the accurate one. There is definitely not that huge ear-piercing peak! 50 Euro is a good price. The accessories are not particularly special, to be honest. You're not missing out. When these IEMS were new, I remember them being almost $300. 50E is a steal for this quality. After these IEMs faded away. Fender looks like they reached back into the Aurisonic bag of engineering and put out some really crazy IEMs, like the Thirteen-Six, which has a 13.6mm driver. Alas, those are gone too....now I think they only have 2 more mainstream models for sale.

Feb 4, 2023 at 3:23 PM Post #6,400 of 6,413
Yes, the €50 is a joke. Models like IE300, IE600, AONIC 3, 4 & 5, Etymotic EVO or a FA9 are not that good, but that's just my opinion. The resolution is good for a 1BA/1DD model. Maybe a little too much bass, but bass lovers will have fun with the FXA6. I softened the mid-bass a bit with parametric EQ. Soundstage is also quite decent. For less than 100 you should get the part.

Feb 5, 2023 at 10:22 AM Post #6,401 of 6,413
Yes, the €50 is a joke. Models like IE300, IE600, AONIC 3, 4 & 5, Etymotic EVO or a FA9 are not that good, but that's just my opinion. The resolution is good for a 1BA/1DD model. Maybe a little too much bass, but bass lovers will have fun with the FXA6. I softened the mid-bass a bit with parametric EQ. Soundstage is also quite decent. For less than 100 you should get the part.
Agreed!
I have Senns and love them, but I am always surprised at how much smoother and musical the Fenders are than them. My IE300 is pretty close in overall tonality, but the 600 have that bright treble that can be a bit much. I never get fatigue with the fenders. It is a huge shame that they did not get the love from the community. I have never heard the other IEMs that you mention, but have also heard they are solid. I have some of the Xelento 2s inbound and will see how they compare.

Feb 7, 2023 at 7:16 PM Post #6,402 of 6,413
Same problem here with the FXA7, I loved them but I'm not US based so I don't even think it's worth it to send them for repair considering the price of shipping + repair I'm better off buying a new pair, any advice for something with a similar signature maybe, don't necessary have to be a fender either ?

Feb 7, 2023 at 9:13 PM Post #6,403 of 6,413
Same problem here with the FXA7, I loved them but I'm not US based so I don't even think it's worth it to send them for repair considering the price of shipping + repair I'm better off buying a new pair, any advice for something with a similar signature maybe, don't necessary have to be a fender either ?
The sound signature of the original Aurisonics was very, very unique. They had huge bass and mid-bass shelves, and a restrained response from upper mid onward. I don't think there is anything close to that signature on the market. The FXA7 was far more conventional in response. If you call Fender, they will basically tell you they don't repair the older models. I tried, but they only replace the latest ones that are still under warranty. I am pinning some of my hopes to the new Xelento, which supposedly has a warm, muscular, and dynamic response. I tried the 64Audio Nio, and it has lots of sub-bass, and is otherwise a musical IEM, but the leading edge of the bass is mush. None of the Senns seem to better that. Although they are all very enjoyable. I also tried the Ikko OH10, and found it bassy, mostly in the sub-bass, and a delicate but thin treble. Midrange is quite recessed. Essentially, nothing like the Aurisonics/Fenders. So for now, I am stumped!

Feb 12, 2023 at 1:40 PM Post #6,404 of 6,413
The sound signature of the original Aurisonics was very, very unique. They had huge bass and mid-bass shelves, and a restrained response from upper mid onward. I don't think there is anything close to that signature on the market. The FXA7 was far more conventional in response. If you call Fender, they will basically tell you they don't repair the older models. I tried, but they only replace the latest ones that are still under warranty. I am pinning some of my hopes to the new Xelento, which supposedly has a warm, muscular, and dynamic response. I tried the 64Audio Nio, and it has lots of sub-bass, and is otherwise a musical IEM, but the leading edge of the bass is mush. None of the Senns seem to better that. Although they are all very enjoyable. I also tried the Ikko OH10, and found it bassy, mostly in the sub-bass, and a delicate but thin treble. Midrange is quite recessed. Essentially, nothing like the Aurisonics/Fenders. So for now, I am stumped!
And what about the newer iem from fender, do they follow the sound signature of the fxa ? The nio are way out of my budget unfortunately and I can't seem to find used fxa 7 either

Feb 12, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #6,405 of 6,413
And what about the newer iem from fender, do they follow the sound signature of the fxa ? The nio are way out of my budget unfortunately and I can't seem to find used fxa 7 either
Well, there's nothing like the old 2.5s. Nothing on the market either. But the fender house sound is good old rock&roll. The FXA6 is still easily available via Ebay. They have tons of NOS for $99 or less. The next gen fenders were again, very different from the FXs. But they are priced to insanity. $1200-1500. Look up the "thirteen six" for example. The Gen after that is the current one that you see on the Fender website. The thing is, they abandon designs, and then you can't get them fixed. That is OK at $200, but at $1700..ugh, no. I have not heard the last 2 gens. I've only heard the Aurisonics, and then the FXs. And the FXs vary quite a bit. I liked the FX6 because they are priced right and have a nice mellow and musical sound. But nothing out there is as bizarre and addictive as the 2.5ASG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back