Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jul 7, 2018 at 8:16 PM Post #6,226 of 6,413
I contacted them and they provided me with an address to send it back for repair.
I've been trying to get this fixed since March.

Fender at first stated they no longer do work on Aurisonics if not first owner. Then I tried emailing people within fender and group email but nothing. As much as I like the ASG 2.5 I'm willing to take the loss and move on.

Jul 7, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #6,227 of 6,413
I contacted them and they provided me with an address to send it back for repair.
Can you PM me any email contacts for Aurisonics. Currently a first time owner of ASG-1Plus, and it's only 2 weeks old today since unboxed. A lucky find on "loveotaku" store from eBay.

Definitely would be good if they still can repair this old Aurisonics product line.
I can't seem to find the explanation of the grades given on the QC card. They check the quality 3 times, it seems? And each staffs give it their own rating?

Jul 12, 2018 at 12:43 AM Post #6,228 of 6,413
Apparently the new PureSonic series is launching today, with the 9.25mm HDD in each of the two models starting at around 780HKD and available in both wired and wireless options.

Looking at the updated line up felt odd though, cuz there's just a huge price and spec gap between NINE 1 and TEN 3...
Kinda feels like they are trying to push us to go CIEM given the price is not that different from universal models???

Jul 12, 2018 at 8:57 AM Post #6,229 of 6,413
Apparently the new PureSonic series is launching today, with the 9.25mm HDD in each of the two models starting at around 780HKD and available in both wired and wireless options.

Looking at the updated line up felt odd though, cuz there's just a huge price and spec gap between NINE 1 and TEN 3...
Kinda feels like they are trying to push us to go CIEM given the price is not that different from universal models???

Well, have to correct you a little :) Just to avoid confusion. The premium model is both wired and wireless. I have had both Premium models for a while. The second model has a 6mm driver and is only wireless.

Wireless models should be avoided since the connection issues are pretty bad. If you device is away from the body you are okay for the most part. Major dropouts if a hand blocks the antenna like when going to play/pause or change tracks. Okay if you wear a small M0 size BT player or amp around your neck. Unless they made any changes to models here in the US to fix them beware. Got mine for $50 new instead of the $129 so I am happy cause they sound excellent and I can wear the cable in front of the neck to minimize dropouts and I will be getting a small BT player to wear around the neck and testing from that area shows to do much better.

Based on the early Japan reports of the sound stick to the premium as it sounds better, the wireless connection being iffy and the cheaper version has no earhooks so you can't really try wearing cable in front. I would pretend it doesn't exist. the pods can bring some noise through the cable if active too so the straight in your ear Rockets design might be quite microphonic depending how the two pods lay and bounce around though that is size related so will differ but is still risky.

Aug 7, 2018 at 11:52 PM Post #6,232 of 6,413
I was given the FXA2 as a gift late last year, and the left channel has died on me.

Also, the plastic housing for the MMCX connector on the cable simply cracked open when I was trying to replace the cable. Not sure if anyone has had similar experience, but the MMCX connectors on this IEM seem extremely (and unnecessarily) tight.

In the end, I don’t think the connectors on these earphones are put together that well, not to mention that MMCX is a terrible standard in the first place.

Unrelated to the build, I also had a chance to try the entire line-up of the Fender FXAx series (except the FXA9 and FXA11), and was actually pretty disappointed. Treble seemed a bit too aggressive on all the models above the FXA2, and I personally felt other options from AT, Sony, iBasso, etc provided the better value.

The FXA2, with its smooth sound, rolled-off treble, yet great imaging, actually makes the most sense as a stage monitor. And I do see how the emphasised bass works well for bassists and drummers, plus isolation is really decent. But my bad experience with the build makes me hesitate; I think I’ll be more confident in a 2-pin connector for a stage monitor from now on. While seems unlikely, I won’t mind if Fender / Aurisonics adopts a 2-pin connector instead. If they do, I think I'd be happy to give their future IEMs a try again, since I did like the FXA2 a fair bit while it lasted.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2018 at 5:32 AM Post #6,233 of 6,413
I was given the FXA2 as a gift late last year, and the left channel has died on me.

Also, the plastic housing for the MMCX connector on the cable simply cracked open when I was trying to replace the cable. Not sure if anyone has had similar experience, but the MMCX connectors on this IEM seem extremely (and unnecessarily) tight.

In the end, I don’t think the connectors on these earphones are put together that well, not to mention that MMCX is a terrible standard in the first place.

Unrelated to the build, I also had a chance to try the entire line-up of the Fender FXAx series (except the FXA9 and FXA11), and was actually pretty disappointed. Treble seemed a bit too aggressive on all the models above the FXA2, and I personally felt other options from AT, Sony, iBasso, etc provided the better value.

The FXA2, with its smooth sound, rolled-off treble, yet great imaging, actually makes the most sense as a stage monitor. And I do see how the emphasised bass works well for bassists and drummers, plus isolation is really decent. But my bad experience with the build makes me hesitate; I think I’ll be more confident in a 2-pin connector for a stage monitor from now on. While seems unlikely, I won’t mind if Fender / Aurisonics adopts a 2-pin connector instead. If they do, I think I'd be happy to give their future IEMs a try again, since I did like the FXA2 a fair bit while it lasted.

Well that’s interesting, I think you’re one of the first if not the first on this thread to comment the FXA series as having aggressive highs...

Did you try contact for repair and replacement though? If you got it late last year it should be under warranty still.

Aug 8, 2018 at 6:53 AM Post #6,234 of 6,413
Well that’s interesting, I think you’re one of the first if not the first on this thread to comment the FXA series as having aggressive highs...

Did you try contact for repair and replacement though? If you got it late last year it should be under warranty still.

About the FXA IEMs having aggressive highs, I did read a couple of comments here about the FXA7 having sibilance, and that was the model I was particularly let down by. I'm probably not the only one to note that the models above the FXA2 can be a bit forward with the highs, though I'll readily admit that the bass is certainly the most prominent feature of these IEMs. I think it's safe to say the FXA5, 6, and 7 are V-shaped in signature imo.
I'm also really sensitive to high frequency spikes, so that's a definite contributing factor, and I won't be surprised if many people would find these IEMs fun and exciting. They seem like a logical upgrade from earphones like the Sennheiser Momentum In-Ear (which I also didn't particularly enjoy), AT E40 (which I enjoy a lot more), or Yamaha EPH100.
Regarding getting a replacement, I received the IEMs late last year but I have no idea when they were bought. Also, since it was a gift, I don't have the receipt. I might give it a try though, but I don't have very high hopes on getting it fixed.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2018 at 7:11 AM Post #6,235 of 6,413
About the FXA IEMs having aggressive highs, I did read a couple of comments here about the FXA7 having sibilance, and that was the model I was particularly let down by.

I have never heard the FXA7 but i own the Aurisonics counterpart Harmony. I don't know if the FXA7 is tuned differently but the Harmony does have some sibilance.

Aug 8, 2018 at 8:32 AM Post #6,236 of 6,413

They are just about to release what you are asking for. It is called the Fender Nine. :)

Aug 8, 2018 at 11:30 AM Post #6,237 of 6,413
They are just about to release what you are asking for. It is called the Fender Nine. :)

It’s actually “Nine-1” but hey, you’re correct lol Gonna give the entire lineup a try this Friday and post something here though. :)

I did posses bother the Harmony and FXA7 at one point, but FXA7 never felt sharp and spiky on the highs to me. I think like many other I’m complaining the high and miss are still to recessed in a way that, it’s just a tiny bit from perfect lol

Anyways good luck with the repair!

Aug 8, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #6,238 of 6,413
Anyone else hate memory wire? I received my Kickers today and had to do a little procedure to the included cables :p

First side done

And.. complete! Yay!

Wow... Apparently I'm not some kind of diseased-ridden unicorn, someone else hates memory wire too.

I simply don't like how fragile they feel, and most IEMs would likely stay securely with just the cable looped over my ear without those memory wires. Nice job.

Aug 8, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #6,240 of 6,413
I have never heard the FXA7 but i own the Aurisonics counterpart Harmony. I don't know if the FXA7 is tuned differently but the Harmony does have some sibilance.

Can't say because I've never heard the Harmony, though my local store Jaben has stocked Aurisonics for quite a while now, so there's a good chance I can demo that next time.
In any case, it seems that the Fender sound signature beyond the FXA2 is simply not for me. I seem to have better luck with Sony and Audio-Technica's IEM house sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back