Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
May 19, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #6,196 of 6,413
Soundwave Audio HK is offering demo sessions for the newly announced TEN5 and THIRTEEN6 this weekend, so I went for a test drive of the two new products announced by Fender a couple of weeks earlier.

I tried the demo units with my regular portable setup, using the Creative E5 with bluetooth connection. The first pair out I tested out of the two was the THIRTEEN6. With the 13mm dynamic driver and 6 amateur drivers, the THIRTEEN6 is distinctively thirsty during the entire time I spent with it. The general impression of the THIRTEEN6 is rather cold, with strong mids and highs that provided a lot of details. The 13mm dynamic driver is also tuned down a bit, though it still maintained that noticable sub-bass that I would come to expect from Fender. Size-wise, the THRITEEN6 is HUGE, and with my small ears it was not really fitting my ears very well I'll be honest. The design and finish is really nice however. :)

As for the TEN5, it was noticably smaller when fitted on my ears with only 5 amateur drivers and a 10mm dynamic drivers inside. There is a noticable difference when compared with the THIRTEEN6, as THIRTEEN6 offered much more details than the TEN5 does even though the sound signature is very similar. The TEN5 also seemed a bit more blurry than the THIRTEEN6, but after some fiddling on the equalizer I feel like TEN5 is closer to my personal preference than the THIRTEEN6. (But then both of them are actually very attractive lol)

Aesthetic-wise, both of them reminds me of the FXA11, and the finishing on both are really really nice and cool with the matte black shell, and silver/gold respectively.

All in all, it seems like Fender is making quite a change on the tuning of these two beasts. This is just a rough personal impression, and it will be great if anyone else can offer a more professional and detailed review/discussion on the two!

(The first 30 pre-order quotas for TEN5 and THIRTEEN6 are all sold, and next batch of pre-orders will begin in early June according Soundwave Audio HK)

IMG_4200.JPG IMG_5171.JPG IMG_5170.JPG

May 20, 2018 at 2:36 AM Post #6,199 of 6,413
Hi Guys, just wanna ask if any of you guys have reached out to Aurisonics/Fender recently for out of warranty repair? My ASG2.5 is suffering from sound cut- out on the left driver. I'm suspecting it is caused by the 2-pin socket acting weird.

May 20, 2018 at 3:02 AM Post #6,200 of 6,413
Pretty sure they will have a much wider availability in the coming few months. But then again Asia is quite a big market for them so it does make sense they make it exclusive for Hong Kong and nearby regions at the beginning, just like how they did with the FXA11 at launch. Sad that I don't have the capital to invest in these two beasts though lol

May 20, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #6,201 of 6,413
Hi Guys, just wanna ask if any of you guys have reached out to Aurisonics/Fender recently for out of warranty repair? My ASG2.5 is suffering from sound cut- out on the left driver. I'm suspecting it is caused by the 2-pin socket acting weird.
I have the exact same problem as you except, the right phone is cutting out (mostly won't play). The last contact I had with them was in September and received the shipping info needed, however, I have yet to send them off.?!!

May 20, 2018 at 11:14 PM Post #6,202 of 6,413
I have the exact same problem as you except, the right phone is cutting out (mostly won't play). The last contact I had with them was in September and received the shipping info needed, however, I have yet to send them off.?!!

If you're sure it's not a cable issue, tried cleaning by inserting w/ some deOxit on the pins?

May 21, 2018 at 12:27 AM Post #6,203 of 6,413
I'm having the same issue and fender says they won't fix it.

Aurisonics owners are kinda stuck

May 21, 2018 at 12:27 AM Post #6,204 of 6,413
If you're sure it's not a cable issue, tried cleaning by inserting w/ some deOxit on the pins?
I've tried 6 different cables on my 2.5, no luck.

May 21, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #6,205 of 6,413

I've tried 6 different cables on my 2.5, no luck.

oxidation/corrosion in the socket can cause the intermittent behavior being described & pretty common occurance with removable cable connections, deoxit or similar substance might be able to help

If it's not htat,. since Fender wont look at yours, wonder if a DIYer has ever taken the faceplate off on one of these? The screws imply it is removable no idea how everything is situated in there esp with the bass port dial being on the faceplate. Seems like an electroncs shop or pro modder could have a go if it's just a worn out socket or bad solder joint & not drastic issue like driver failure.

Last edited:
May 21, 2018 at 5:27 AM Post #6,206 of 6,413
The 2-pin socket on the latest Aurisonics models (2.0/2.5) has a tendancy to fail with age.
I had to send my 2.0 back for repair and this is how I got the 2.5 three years ago. Models that were repaired lasted very long so they must have fixed the issue in their latest series.

Too bad Fender is not doing anything anymore for Aurisonics users...
Another testimony to their lack of aftersale service (which I already had a taste of when using Fender guitar amps).
I didn't want to say "I told you" when they bought Aurisonics...

May 21, 2018 at 10:18 AM Post #6,207 of 6,413
oxidation/corrosion in the socket can cause the intermittent behavior being described & pretty common occurance with removable cable connections, deoxit or similar substance might be able to help

If it's not htat,. since Fender wont look at yours, wonder if a DIYer has ever taken the faceplate off on one of these? The screws imply it is removable no idea how everything is situated in there esp with the bass port dial being on the faceplate. Seems like an electroncs shop or pro modder could have a go if it's just a worn out socket or bad solder joint & not drastic issue like driver failure.
I've taken off the faceplate. All my wiring is in place. I also though my dynamic driver was going out but it could just be the socket having issues. Will post some pics the next time I take it apart and try the corrosion liquid.

May 21, 2018 at 10:36 PM Post #6,208 of 6,413
I've taken off the faceplate. All my wiring is in place. I also though my dynamic driver was going out but it could just be the socket having issues. Will post some pics the next time I take it apart and try the corrosion liquid.

I usually just thinly coat the cable pins and insert & remove, wipe cable pins off, repeat a few times (though I guess if it is a worn out socket, this will only make it worse :shrug: )

May 22, 2018 at 3:11 AM Post #6,209 of 6,413
I usually just thinly coat the cable pins and insert & remove, wipe cable pins off, repeat a few times (though I guess if it is a worn out socket, this will only make it worse :shrug: )
I'm sure a few of us Aurisonics owners have dropped a few F bombs here and there trying to fix this issue :)

May 22, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #6,210 of 6,413

That's odd... :|

Last time I contacted Soundwave Audio HK for out of warrenty repairs they said they're still honoring repairs, just that it comes at a cost depending on what has to be fixed...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back