Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jan 14, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #6,137 of 6,413
Yes, but none have been totl. I’ve been slowly making my way to totl. I’m still mostly lo and mid fi. I’m looking for a totl iem. I do hav SE846 which is seen as totl but have been only partially satisfied with them. I want Vega’s, and am looking at Xelento’s. If the K10’z pop up on Massdrop again I may get those.

better hurry up... if you wait another year so-called TOTL price will be $6000 instead of $2000 and you will still be mid-fi :deadhorse:

Jan 14, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #6,139 of 6,413
I think the Fender IEM's are good monitors but I wouldn't consider them audiophile level. The sound quality of the Harmony/FXA7 is better than most IEM's but I felt they were geared toward musicians needs. For example the dramatic low end that the FXA7 has is perfect for an in ear stage monitor or an extreme bass head. They're definitely not for mastering or sound engineer work, they have too much emphasis in the lows.

Are they worth the price, maybe. It really depends on what you're looking for. Since I've sold my Harmony, I've thought about buying a set of FXA7 as a backup to my InEarz Euphoria for stage monitoring, but the price is just a bit much, instead I've purchased UE900s, Primo8's and found them to be better for my needs. Now the Fiio F9 Pro I'm doing a tour of are turning out to be the same.

But again that's my opinion, I want an accurate reproduction vs. an enhanced reproduction of my sound. So if I listed things in order of my preference it would be InEarz Euphoria>UE 900s>=F9 Pro>Primo8>FXA7>ZS6>ZST. When you consider the price of the FXA7 they just don't set where their price suggest they should at $499 retail. But they are some of the best I've ever owned...

Jan 14, 2018 at 9:55 PM Post #6,140 of 6,413
I think the Fender IEM's are good monitors but I wouldn't consider them audiophile level. The sound quality of the Harmony/FXA7 is better than most IEM's but I felt they were geared toward musicians needs. For example the dramatic low end that the FXA7 has is perfect for an in ear stage monitor or an extreme bass head. They're definitely not for mastering or sound engineer work, they have too much emphasis in the lows.

Are they worth the price, maybe. It really depends on what you're looking for. Since I've sold my Harmony, I've thought about buying a set of FXA7 as a backup to my InEarz Euphoria for stage monitoring, but the price is just a bit much, instead I've purchased UE900s, Primo8's and found them to be better for my needs. Now the Fiio F9 Pro I'm doing a tour of are turning out to be the same.

But again that's my opinion, I want an accurate reproduction vs. an enhanced reproduction of my sound. So if I listed things in order of my preference it would be InEarz Euphoria>UE 900s>=F9 Pro>Primo8>FXA7>ZS6>ZST. When you consider the price of the FXA7 they just don't set where their price suggest they should at $499 retail. But they are some of the best I've ever owned...

Agree. Most people think of musician's monitors to be dead accurate - that may be true for studio purposes (but in fact most use large floor speakers for that purpose) but for on-stage monitoring the allevated bass blaring out from speakers and the rumble that comes from it would drown out the bass from a iem/ciem with a neutral bass. That's why it would be more suitable for onstage musicians to use a pair of iem with carefully tuned up bass - it may sound too bassy under normal circumstances but then it will sound perfectly clear and (surprisingly!) neutral in noisy environments filled up with bass sound. Audiophile's dream pair usually sits somewhere between a studio mon and an onstage mon.

Fender's offerings appears at least to me to be geared towards stage use - and by the same token they are nice for flight or noisy commute use, but the bass would sound fairly bloated in a quiet listening environment.

Jan 16, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #6,145 of 6,413
Got mine for $199 on Amazon in Gold, payed $3.99 for 2-day because the Gold would have taken longer to get here. The tips are a nightmare for me. On this thread they mentioned that Comply ruined the SQ. Is there any hope?

:)

They sound like the Shure SE215 and Sony XB90EX combined into one package, except i'm sure they can get much louder than the Sony's ever could.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #6,146 of 6,413
There seems to be some consensus that FXA7 is overpriced at $499, but it is now $199 in Amazon. would this now be a bargain?
Thanks for the tip. Just ordered a set to compare to my Aurisonics Harmony. If they are as similar to the Harmony as I've read, then they are a ridiculous steal at $199. However I've had issues with the Harmony's connectors causing frequent drop outs, I've gone through a few cables already.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #6,147 of 6,413
Got mine for $199 on Amazon in Gold, payed $3.99 for 2-day because the Gold would have taken longer to get here. The tips are a nightmare for me. Does anyone know what size Comply tips will work for these? Im sure it's in this 500 page thread somewhere, but i don't have the time to look through it.
:)
They sound like the Shure SE215 and Sony XB90EX combined into one package, except i'm sure they can get much louder than the Sony's ever could.
Comply's website should tell you what size you need. I recommend Spinfits though.

Jan 17, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #6,149 of 6,413
Surprised at the recent price cuts on the FXA7.
Personally, I'm waiting for a drop on the FXA9, as (based on limited reviews) they seem to have a signature more to my taste.

Jan 18, 2018 at 1:32 AM Post #6,150 of 6,413
Thanks for the tip. Just ordered a set to compare to my Aurisonics Harmony. If they are as similar to the Harmony as I've read, then they are a ridiculous steal at $199. However I've had issues with the Harmony's connectors causing frequent drop outs, I've gone through a few cables already.

When you receive them can you compare please with the Aurisonics Harmony? I used to own the Harmony and don't recall them being of basshead caliber. but i read various posts and reviews that the FXa7 is for bassheads. wondering if they adjusted the tuning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back