Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Aug 13, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #6,046 of 6,413
This price tag is ridiculous. On the other hand, the asg-2.5 did cost at the beginning a lot more. Well, I'm ready to wait lol

Aug 13, 2017 at 11:39 AM Post #6,049 of 6,413
This price tag is ridiculous. On the other hand, the asg-2.5 did cost at the beginning a lot more. Well, I'm ready to wait lol
Its a Hybrid 9 driver made in USA right? Theres other hybrid 9 driver going for $2,000 and a one DD driver iem going for $2,000.

Aug 13, 2017 at 12:09 PM Post #6,050 of 6,413
Its a Hybrid 9 driver made in USA right? Theres other hybrid 9 driver going for $2,000 and a one DD driver iem going for $2,000.

Well the FXA11 is a 4BA+1DD on each side (made in US), at around 1630USD...... Thus more drivers does not necessarily means better.
But then hey, I'm patiently waiting in the second hand market hehe.

Aug 13, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #6,051 of 6,413
Well the FXA11 is a 4BA+1DD on each side (made in US), at around 1630USD...... Thus more drivers does not necessarily means better.
But then hey, I'm patiently waiting in the second hand market hehe.
True, I demoed all the multitude driver iems, bought 12 ciems and ended up buying ten universal 2.5s and a custom 2.5. Also bought a universal 2.0 and a custom 2.0. Hifiman has a single DD iem costing $2,000 , Ditta has a single DD iem costing $2,000. So just saying the
FXA11 is not prixed too badly.

Aug 13, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #6,052 of 6,413
True, I demoed all the multitude driver iems, bought 12 ciems and ended up buying ten universal 2.5s and a custom 2.5. Also bought a universal 2.0 and a custom 2.0. Hifiman has a single DD iem costing $2,000 , Ditta has a single DD iem costing $2,000. So just saying the
Yeah I agree, sometimes more drivers actually made things worse. I also agree on your point about the pricing, cuz the tuning and R&D for Hybrids are especially difficult when compared with pure BA or DD ones. They have to find the right way to match them, tune them into deliver their respective frequencies without overlapping/intrusion to other frequencies of other drivers.

And really, Hrbyids without good/correct tuning can sound horrible. I think the brand was called phantom or something? Don't exactly remember but their build quality was horrible, at 700HKD they give you a 1BA+1DD combo in white but it sounds even worse than a 200HKD earphone.

Aug 13, 2017 at 12:53 PM Post #6,053 of 6,413
Not priced too badly in comparison to this times you mean :wink: Where are the times when you could buy a TOTL IEM for 300$? Did the sound much worse? I don't think so. Hell, my Merlin custom cost 650$ and those are dd + 4ba per ear. Today second market is definitely my best friend :wink:

Aug 13, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #6,054 of 6,413
Not priced too badly in comparison to this times you mean :wink: Where are the times when you could buy a TOTL IEM for 300$? Did the sound much worse? I don't think so. Hell, my Merlin custom cost 650$ and those are dd + 4ba per ear. Today second market is definitely my best friend :wink:
True, I did enjoy the Merlins for a long time and one does not need $100 nor $2000 iems to enjoy music.

Aug 15, 2017 at 4:38 PM Post #6,055 of 6,413
Not priced too badly, come on, let's be serious, this is becoming embarrassing.
And you're not exactly objective here, having been "obsessed" with ASG2.5 for a while.

Driver cost is in no way the main cost in making IEMs, so this is just typical US overpricing/cheesy marketing by "greedy" Fender.
"Made in US" has no more value these days than made in anywhere else, it is just that hourly rate in the US is typically quite high (as in Europe), quickly raising the price of hand-made items. I sure hope these are hand-made given the humongous cost.

These are priced horribly, but hey, I'm sure people will always find ways to justify the awful pricetag.

Aug 15, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #6,057 of 6,413
And you're not exactly objective here, having been "obsessed" with ASG2.5 for a while.

Driver cost is in no way the main cost in making IEMs, so this is just typical US overpricing/cheesy marketing by "greedy" Fender.
"Made in US" has no more value these days than made in anywhere else, it is just that hourly rate in the US is typically quite high (as in Europe), quickly raising the price of hand-made items. I sure hope these are hand-made given the humongous cost.

These are priced horribly, but hey, I'm sure people will always find ways to justify the awful pricetag.
You are correct. Made in USA basically means the people who are making your product are getting paid 10x nore than if it was made in China. Guess if the orice is too high than just dont buy it.

Aug 15, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #6,058 of 6,413

Value is relative. Made in the USA hold more value to this native.

Aug 16, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #6,059 of 6,413

Well we all have our preferences in IEMs, it’s just his preference is his own 2.5s. What the problem with that? Thus, you’re on the Fender/Aurisonics discussion thread...........

And for the bad pricing, it’s not something we can of change how “greedy” Fender sets it. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. Simple as that. Ain’t it?

Aug 16, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #6,060 of 6,413
Well we all have our preferences in IEMs, it’s just his preference is his own 2.5s. What the problem with that? Thus, you’re on the Fender/Aurisonics discussion thread...........

And for the bad pricing, it’s not something we can of change how “greedy” Fender sets it. If you don’t like it, don’t buy it. Simple as that. Ain’t it?
I don't deny that preferences are personal, but suggesting that FXA11 are priced not too badly at 3 times the price of ASG2.5 is borderline provocative or just surrealistic.

Given the relatively poor performance of the FXA series (and at best average built quality, which is where my "greedy" comment comes from), Fender hasn't really offered any IEM that would make people comfortable paying the price of the a TOTL CIEMs without any "hint".

I'm the first to expect the successor of ASG2.0 / 2.5, but this is just coming from nowhere with nothing concrete to convince that this may be unique.
And competition has become fierce within the 400-800$ bracket, it's not like there aren't any bass-heavy successor to ASG series.

But I'm sure they'll offer "hand-picked" reviewers some free demos to justify this "decent" pricing.
And don't worry, I'll be happy to be wrong if FXA11 are phenomenal in the end. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back