Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Apr 16, 2016 at 10:27 PM Post #5,313 of 6,413
Comply 500 are too big for the Bravo series.  400 at minimum and I think the 200 fit as well.
I used 400 but in time it became loose. Store managers told me 200.

Apr 17, 2016 at 1:03 AM Post #5,314 of 6,413
Ok ill have to try. I think I might have some 200s somewhere at home. I would really love some long canal foams like the westones or p100. We'll see what I come up with.

Apr 17, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #5,315 of 6,413
I'm not sure if this has been posted earlier but I just thought I'd share it if hasn't...

BH photo has the Forte going at $399 249! The Harmony was going at $299 earlier but it sold out real quick. Fortes are still a great deal for anyone interested in picking one up 
redface.gif

Apr 17, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #5,316 of 6,413
I'm not sure if this has been posted earlier but I just thought I'd share it if hasn't...

BH photo has the Forte going at $399 249! The Harmony was going at $299 earlier but it sold out real quick. Fortes are still a great deal for anyone interested in picking one up :xf_eek:

I really wish you wouldn't have posted this because now i am contemplating returning my fxa2's and buying this deal instead. The only thing i am trying to assess is what signnature changes I can expect. I am actually really loving the sig of the fxa2s right now. I am coming from using shures for a while and have become accustomed to really great and present mids. The mids certainly take a bit of a backseat with these fxas compared to the 846S. They sound just a tad constrained. However, I feel the bass and soundstaging is better with the kickers than the 846s! Is that crazy?!!

So thes "kickers" i have....what changes are between these and the fortes? I prefer iems with veiled or recessed highs due to fatigue and ear sensitivity. Are the mids pushed more forward?

Jmills, care to comment? From what i have read in this thread, you have owned a lot of these iems including some of my favorites like the 846s.

Apr 17, 2016 at 7:25 AM Post #5,317 of 6,413
I really wish you wouldn't have posted this because now i am contemplating returning my fxa2's and buying this deal instead. The only thing i am trying to assess is what signnature changes I can expect. I am actually really loving the sig of the fxa2s right now. I am coming from using shures for a while and have become accustomed to really great and present mids. The mids certainly take a bit of a backseat with these fxas compared to the 846S. They sound just a tad constrained. However, I feel the bass and soundstaging is better with the kickers than the 846s! Is that crazy?!!

So thes "kickers" i have....what changes are between these and the fortes? I prefer iems with veiled or recessed highs due to fatigue and ear sensitivity. Are the mids pushed more forward?

Jmills, care to comment? From what i have read in this thread, you have owned a lot of these iems including some of my favorites like the 846s.
Forte has better bass than the Kickers its Mids are more pronounced but the treble is not too bright while still being detailed. One can jam with the Forte without hurting your ears from excessive treble. 846 is nice butI sold it.

Apr 17, 2016 at 9:37 AM Post #5,319 of 6,413

Double Helix with 2.5.

Apr 17, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #5,320 of 6,413
To answer a previous question, the bass dial/screw is located on the inner ear portion that fits your helix/tragus/antitragus. If you order an ambient port, it is situated adjacent to the bass port a bit further to the edge of the inner shell. Unlike the generics, there is no 'stop' for the screws: they can be totally removed.

Apr 17, 2016 at 2:46 PM Post #5,321 of 6,413
To answer a previous question, the bass dial/screw is located on the inner ear portion that fits your helix/tragus/antitragus. If you order an ambient port, it is situated adjacent to the bass port a bit further to the edge of the inner shell. Unlike the generics, there is no 'stop' for the screws: they can be totally removed.

YOu said the Bass port on the Custom 2.5 can be removed? And what do you mean by there is no "stop" for the screw? 

Apr 17, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #5,322 of 6,413
YOu said the Bass port on the Custom 2.5 can be removed? And what do you mean by there is no "stop" for the screw? 

He means you can remove the screw entirely. In the 2.5 the screw has a limiter, open to close. Here it has only one limit which is closed. And you can fully take the screw out of the housing when fully unscrewed/ opened...

Cheers.

Apr 17, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #5,323 of 6,413
He means you can remove the screw entirely. In the 2.5 the screw has a limiter, open to close. Here it has only one limit which is closed. And you can fully take the screw out of the housing when fully unscrewed/ opened...

Cheers.

Oh so after you adjust the Bass to your liking, then you take out the screw so it won't mess up the settings? 
So it's more robust than the one on the Universal ASG-2.5

Apr 17, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #5,324 of 6,413

Oh so after you adjust the Bass to your liking, then you take out the screw so it won't mess up the settings? 
So it's more robust than the one on the Universal ASG-2.5

No, actually you can tune it even further than the Universal ASG-2.5. The universal can only open to some extent while the custom one can open completely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back