Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Apr 15, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #5,296 of 6,413
Will definitely read the CK9 review - hoping for a similar sound from the new Trinity Phantom Sabres I have ordered from initial impressions I have read of both so will be interested to see your take on the CK9s.

And I wasn't trying to "catch you out" - part of the fun of this hobby is finding a sound that works for you personally, so was just interested to see what made you flip them so quick to see if there were any new nuggets in there worth considering for my own future buying sprees!
wink.gif

It's all about "your gear, your ears" - hope your next acquisitions hit it out of the park for you (I had that feeling recently when I picked up some Audioquest Nighthawks - absolutely blew me away).

Nice, let me know what you think and if you have any questions I didn't address in the review.

I know you were just joking so I jested in return, I am very excited about Campfires new flagship and it could potentially be end-game for me so I'm keeping myself posted.

Apr 15, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #5,297 of 6,413
Just received the Forte yesterday. I can't help but wonder what the fender line could improve on considering the price point. I hear the fxa7 will be much more balanced and less shrewd in the treble region. Maybe a tad thicker/forward mids for the Forte?

I own(ed) the Sennehiser ie8/80, Momentum (1st Ed.) Bravo Kicker, Noble 3U, ATH im70, M50 (not X), Monster Turbine, and the better-left-forgotten assortment of Beats. I'll have a short review with comparisons soon.

Apr 15, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #5,298 of 6,413
Just received the Forte yesterday. I can't help but wonder what the fender line could improve on considering the price point. I hear the fxa7 will be much more balanced and less shrewd in the treble region. Maybe a tad thicker/forward mids for the Forte?

I own(ed) the Sennehiser ie8/80, Momentum (1st Ed.) Bravo Kicker, Noble 3U, ATH im70, M50 (not X), Monster Turbine, and the better-left-forgotten assortment of Beats. I'll have a short review with comparisons soon.

Sweet :D i'm looking forward for your impressions, thanks a lot for sharing

Apr 16, 2016 at 5:20 AM Post #5,299 of 6,413
Mmmmm, demoing the mh334, and I must say that I consider it to be a more refined version the harmony. But it is very much only a refinement though, and considering the massive price difference I think it speaks more to the harmony, plus you lose some of the visceralness of the Harmony's bass. The mh334 is certainly something I'll consider as an upgrade if I ever go insane.

Apr 16, 2016 at 6:43 AM Post #5,300 of 6,413
Mmmmm, demoing the mh334, and I must say that I consider it to be a more refined version the harmony. But it is very much only a refinement though, and considering the massive price difference I think it speaks more to the harmony, plus you lose some of the visceralness of the Harmony's bass. The mh334 is certainly something I'll consider as an upgrade if I ever go insane.
So by July you will write a review on the Fitear ?

Apr 16, 2016 at 6:56 AM Post #5,301 of 6,413
Hah, nah, not that soon. Still not sure if I want to either. It's impressive but enough for me to drop triple the Harmony's price? No for now. But that's how totl works I guess. Diminishing returns and all that.

Still thinking if I should get a2.5 custom while i can too.

Apr 16, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #5,302 of 6,413
Hah, nah, not that soon. Still not sure if I want to either. It's impressive but enough for me to drop triple the Harmony's price? No for now. But that's how totl works I guess. Diminishing returns and all that.

Still thinking if I should get a2.5 custom while i can too.
Go for it. Its now or never. Im listening to it right now with Mojo, phone, and EQ.

Apr 16, 2016 at 7:56 AM Post #5,304 of 6,413
Any changes from the regular 2.5?
uses their newer 2.5 drivers, bass port not on face plate (easier to see), can order the Ambient port which opens the sound to be less in your head.

Apr 16, 2016 at 5:05 PM Post #5,307 of 6,413
And if the bass dial is not on the faceplate for the Custom 2.5, then where is it?
Also, I asked Andy, and he said they don't do brushed nickel plate for the faceplate anymore man.  Or any kind of metal

Apr 16, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #5,308 of 6,413
So I just got my FXA2s in blue. I bought them to upgrade/replace my se215s and I think it's awesome the shell is 3D printed (I own and work with 3D prints regularly).

So far I am rather pleased with them. They offer a lot in the way of bass and have smooth lows into the mids. There is more detail in the highs and better separation than the 215s, but bright these are not! I'll probably post a proper review after about 50 hours of listening.

Question for anyone: Any foams that are compatible with these? I love my comply p100 slims and would like to find suitable alternatives for these.

I had a pair of foams from my UE900s that sorta fit, but come off too easily.

Apr 16, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #5,309 of 6,413
So I just got my FXA2s in blue. I bought them to upgrade/replace my se215s and I think it's awesome the shell is 3D printed (I own and work with 3D prints regularly).

So far I am rather pleased with them. They offer a lot in the way of bass and have smooth lows into the mids. There is more detail in the highs and better separation than the 215s, but bright these are not! I'll probably post a proper review after about 50 hours of listening.

Question for anyone: Any foams that are compatible with these? I love my comply p100 slims and would like to find suitable alternatives for these.

I had a pair of foams from my UE900s that sorta fit, but come off too easily.
In most cases Foam tips will not help in making the iem sound brighter.

Apr 16, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #5,310 of 6,413
Sorry I guess I wrote that paragraph poorly. My desire for canal foams is completely unrelated to the sound. If anything, I like how foams enhance bass regions.

I was merely offering initial thoughts on the FXA2.

I should also clarify that I am looking for slim fitting canal style foams like the p100, but will fit the FXA2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back