Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jan 30, 2016 at 11:05 AM Post #4,562 of 6,413
does the harmony work with those genres as well? or is it tuned more for classical music?
Perfect with Bury Tomorrow, Confession, Feed Her To The Sharks. The Harmony has the bass and nice mids but it has extended treble for the guitars.

Jan 30, 2016 at 12:27 PM Post #4,563 of 6,413
The bass on the Harmony is 
atsmile.gif

Jan 30, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #4,564 of 6,413
Perfect with Bury Tomorrow, Confession, Feed Her To The Sharks. The Harmony has the bass and nice mids but it has extended treble for the guitars.

Nice input. I have listened to Feed her to the sharks and liked them. Harmony better than Forte for metal? I liked the red color of the forte more but if harmony is better im willing to compromise.

Jan 30, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #4,565 of 6,413
Nice input. I have listened to Feed her to the sharks and liked them. Harmony better than Forte for metal? I liked the red color of the forte more but if harmony is better im willing to compromise.
Forte is great it just has smoother treble and Harmony has higher treble. Try this band - REFLECTIONS.It has great sub bass that only a few iems can really produce the sub bass.

Jan 31, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #4,566 of 6,413
I'm also struggling on either I should purchase Forte or Harmony. I listen to various kinds of metal and rock music. Can I assume Forte and Harmony provide the same quality bass? Would you mind describing the difference between smooth treble and higher treble?

Jan 31, 2016 at 1:18 AM Post #4,567 of 6,413
I'm also struggling on either I should purchase Forte or Harmony. I listen to various kinds of metal and rock music. Can I assume Forte and Harmony provide the same quality bass? Would you mind describing the difference between smooth treble and higher treble?
same bass but due to the Harmony having an aditional BA Driver which gives it more treble one will focus on all of the sound so it will seem more balanced. The Forte will have lass extended treble but its treble will still be detailed but its treble wont go to high so its treble will be rounded . Its mid will seem a bit upfront and ones focus might be more on its mids and bass.

Jan 31, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #4,569 of 6,413
same bass but due to the Harmony having an aditional BA Driver which gives it more treble one will focus on all of the sound so it will seem more balanced. The Forte will have lass extended treble but its treble will still be detailed but its treble wont go to high so its treble will be rounded . Its mid will seem a bit upfront and ones focus might be more on its mids and bass.

Thanks for your reply. So can I assume harmony would give a more V shaped sound signature?

Jan 31, 2016 at 8:53 PM Post #4,570 of 6,413
Thanks for your reply. So can I assume harmony would give a more V shaped sound signature?
sort of due to its mids not being forwards. I would state it as being closer to balanced on steroids cause its bass is strong when called for.

Jan 31, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #4,571 of 6,413
well I got the Kicker, ASG-1+, and ASG-1.5's in from Hifiheadphones, along with my #1 ASG-2's, the ee ee 2.5's, and the rockets,

and now I know for certain that I have nnooo desire to hear any more of the new line up? they can't stand up to the original DD, even the ASG-1.5's make the Kickers sound scooped out and hollow,

Jan 31, 2016 at 11:46 PM Post #4,572 of 6,413
well I got the Kicker, ASG-1+, and ASG-1.5's in from Hifiheadphones, along with my #1 ASG-2's, the ee ee 2.5's, and the rockets,

and now I know for certain that I have nnooo desire to hear any more of the new line up? they can't stand up to the original DD, even the ASG-1.5's make the Kickers sound scooped out and hollow,
Pics! Also are you going to sell all the new ones?

Jan 31, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #4,573 of 6,413
no pics. but if anyone has any interest, PM me, I have the Kickers, Rockets, 2.5's, 1+, 1.5's, and 2 extra set of the ASG-2's, that I will be putting up for sale soon,

Happy Listening everyone!

Feb 3, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #4,574 of 6,413
Just received my second pair of ASG-2.5s in black from the hifiheadphones sale. I jumped at the deal because it doesn't appear that I'll get the chance to buy them new unless Fender/Aurisonics resurrects them. Last year I also bought (and returned) the Kicker, Forte and Harmony. They don't have the bass quantity I've come to expect from the 2.5 and the treble was too much for me, save the Kicker which lacked clarity. The 2.5 is the perfect sound signature for me with a ton of bass, no bleed into the mids, and laid back treble.

I may try the Fender offerings sometime in the future but I don't have an interest in the rebranded Bravo series. I hope they remake the 2.5 or come up with a new TOTL premium offering. It would also be cool to see CIEMs again. It would seem a natural fit for 2 companies built around musicians.

I also hope Fender improves on a couple aspects of Aurisonics. I found their quality control to be lacking. I got my first 2.5s through another Head-Fi user in Hong Kong. They were new in brushed nickel but the manufacture date was from Dec 2014 - I guess they sat on the shelf a while. One ear had nicks in the nickel finish and one side (maybe the same, can't remember) had off-center holes for the 2-pin connector which didn't allow me to push the pins in all the way. I opened a warranty claim and will get them back tomorrow after ~6 weeks, so we'll see. My new black pair were manufactured in Dec 2015 and has the same issue with the connector holes being off-center, so I'll be opening a warranty claim on them as well.

Lastly, the Aurisonics website has always been pretty poor. I was buying the Bravo series on Amazon while the website said "Coming Soon!" People here were saying the 2.5 was discontinued while there was nothing to indicate that on the website. Now, there's no mention of Fender anywhere on their website. If someone goes there intent on spending money (like I did with the Bravo series) they won't be able to find anything in stock and will move on. Maybe at least redirect to Fender's IEM store page?

Feb 3, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #4,575 of 6,413
Really enjoying my Harmonys. I think i would probably have been in the other camp had i got the asg2.5 and found them to have too much bass and not enough treble.
Was tempted by them, but think I made the right choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back