Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jan 27, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #4,531 of 6,413
They're pretty standard other than the one version meant to fit the shure style narrow nozzle.

My preference now though is the tx-400 just due to the slight increase in comfort. Also have been playing around with the meelec double flange and its not bad too. You have to shove it all the way down the base till the tip of the nozzle is nearly poking through the top of the tips, but that just means that there's nothing obstructing the nozzle and also they are really comfortable.

Jan 27, 2016 at 8:38 AM Post #4,532 of 6,413
  At the risk of going over old ground, which are the best tips for Harmony then?
Spinfits (is there a particular size)?
Comply - which size?
Any other with wide bore to allow wider s'stage?

Apologies if we've done all this.

You need SPINFIT CP100 for Aurisonics. 
CP800 cant work, they'r for Weston and others with thin nozzle.
All info from official site
http://www.spinfit-eartip.com/

Jan 27, 2016 at 9:07 AM Post #4,533 of 6,413
  You need SPINFIT CP100 for Aurisonics. 
CP800 cant work, they'r for Weston and others with thin nozzle.
All info from official site
http://www.spinfit-eartip.com/

Thanks 
biggrin.gif

Jan 27, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #4,535 of 6,413
For those that missed the hifi headphones deals they wanted keep an eye out early next week. Tony mentioned in the sponsors section that they have a small quantity of stock coming in from their German sister company.

Jan 29, 2016 at 3:48 AM Post #4,539 of 6,413
It's kind of a love & hate relationship for me with my Harmony. Most songs sound fantastic but there are also some songs which just sound harsh to me ( Snow Patrol - Run, the part around 1:20 till 2:00 is a good example). It's not always there but in some songs i can certainly hear it. Especially when the words and vocals have a "S". 

I've tried various eartips (all sizes Sureseals, RHA double Flange, Comply T and TX, Q-Jays silicon tips) and various sources but after about 25 hours of using the Harmony the sibilance is still there. I am quite sure i have a good seal. Seems like the Comply TX is the best tip to reduce the sibilance, maybe because of the wax guard/filter in those tips. 

Maybe it's very personal and i am sensitive to it but then again i haven't sensed it before in my other IEMs. I have to say that my other IEMs fall into a lower (price)category. 

Jan 29, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #4,540 of 6,413
It's kind of a love & hate relationship for me with my Harmony. Most songs sound fantastic but there are also some songs which just sound harsh to me ( Snow Patrol - Run, the part around 1:20 till 2:00 is a good example). It's not always there but in some songs i can certainly hear it. Especially when the words and vocals have a "S". 

I've tried various eartips (all sizes Sureseals, RHA double Flange, Comply T and TX, Q-Jays silicon tips) and various sources but after about 25 hours of using the Harmony the sibilance is still there. I am quite sure i have a good seal. Seems like the Comply TX is the best tip to reduce the sibilance, maybe because of the wax guard/filter in those tips. 

Maybe it's very personal and i am sensitive to it but then again i haven't sensed it before in my other IEMs. I have to say that my other IEMs fall into a lower (price)category. 
Maybe it reveals bad engineering.

Jan 29, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #4,541 of 6,413
Yeah some recordings are just inherently sibilant. J dilla - donuts has that characteristic for me. Still love that album though.

Sibilance usually won't be present unless it's there in the recording in the first place.

That said, I've never really experienced any sibilance with the harmony other than the songs I already know has sibilance, and they're a little bit more forgiving of it than others I've experienced and loved in the past (like the hd25).

Jan 29, 2016 at 6:08 AM Post #4,542 of 6,413
It is probably also a factor that my other IEMs arent that strong treble wise so i could not notice some songs are more sibilant. Although the RHA MA750 is leaning towards some sibilance with the same songs. My other IEMs just rolls off the highs. The EVA for example is very smooth with the same songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back