Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
Jan 26, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #4,517 of 6,413
Thanks, but doesn't really tell me much about why.

I have a E07K I can use to drive them.
I have not. Heard kickers but they seem more bout bass and not much else, rockets have good tight bass tho not huge sounding, and a very high resolution, detailed midrange. Treble is very well controlled. I loved the sound of rockets, but the cable was overkill, not very comfy for gym use

Jan 26, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #4,519 of 6,413
i've tried Comply T500, the small Sureseals and the double flange eartips from my RHA MA750. All inserted very deep but still a bit of sibilance. I hope it will go away with more hours of use.
T500? Slides right off.

Jan 26, 2016 at 10:08 PM Post #4,520 of 6,413
I have not. Heard kickers but they seem more bout bass and not much else, rockets have good tight bass tho not huge sounding, and a very high resolution, detailed midrange. Treble is very well controlled. I loved the sound of rockets, but the cable was overkill, not very comfy for gym use

Just wish I could demo them. Anyone care to donate a pair? :p

Jan 27, 2016 at 4:32 AM Post #4,524 of 6,413
Got my Harmony's last night and given them a brief blast. Early impressions and general notes from other postings:
No sibilance to speak of. Even on female vocals (most Iems have a touch of sibilance every now and again).
The T500s slip off and are not a good fit. Only tried those and the tips suppled.

I had a note too, to say medium tips missing.
Slightly shabby box but obviously end of line (hopefully not qc failed set!)
Very, VERY bassy and warm. Almost too much for me at the moment.

Treble good and extended but not harsh to my ears.
Mids - not sure. Vocals aren't that forward as yet.
Soundstage - average at the moment. Not remarkable amount of air between instruments. The bass and warmth makes seem a touch congested compared to my Solars. (But there's a big price difference!)

Tried a few settings on P1 (it has tons) but still to adjust to my preferred sound.
Overall early impression: good, different and a big sound...but not overwhelmed as yet.

Will they burn in and open up?

Jan 27, 2016 at 5:21 AM Post #4,525 of 6,413
The bravo line (barring eva) has very big bass, just from the bass impact alone, it's honestly one of its appeals to me, but I tend to find that the separation and imaging opens up once you get used to them. I can see why you would think it's too much coming from the solar.

You might want to give some spinfits a shot too as I find that they usually tighten the bass up. Just be sure to shove it down so it wraps around the base.

Jan 27, 2016 at 5:53 AM Post #4,526 of 6,413
Got my Harmony's last night and given them a brief blast. Early impressions and general notes from other postings:
No sibilance to speak of. Even on female vocals (most Iems have a touch of sibilance every now and again).
The T500s slip off and are not a good fit. Only tried those and the tips suppled.

I had a note too, to say medium tips missing.
Slightly shabby box but obviously end of line (hopefully not qc failed set!)
Very, VERY bassy and warm. Almost too much for me at the moment.

Treble good and extended but not harsh to my ears.
Mids - not sure. Vocals aren't that forward as yet.
Soundstage - average at the moment. Not remarkable amount of air between instruments. The bass and warmth makes seem a touch congested compared to my Solars. (But there's a big price difference!)

Tried a few settings on P1 (it has tons) but still to adjust to my preferred sound.
Overall early impression: good, different and a big sound...but not overwhelmed as yet.

Will they burn in and open up?
yes

Jan 27, 2016 at 6:02 AM Post #4,527 of 6,413
At the risk of going over old ground, which are the best tips for Harmony then?
Spinfits (is there a particular size)?
Comply - which size?
Any other with wide bore to allow wider s'stage?

Apologies if we've done all this.

Jan 27, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #4,528 of 6,413
At the risk of going over old ground, which are the best tips for Harmony then?
Spinfits (is there a particular size)?
Comply - which size?
Any other with wide bore to allow wider s'stage?

Apologies if we've done all this.
comply 400

Jan 27, 2016 at 6:46 AM Post #4,529 of 6,413
For spinfits it depends really. For me it's large but it's different for every ear size.

But if you want wide bore tips the spinfits are narrower than the spiral dots. I don't have the spiral dots to comment on how they differ though.

Jan 27, 2016 at 7:11 AM Post #4,530 of 6,413
  For spinfits it depends really. For me it's large but it's different for every ear size.

But if you want wide bore tips the spinfits are narrower than the spiral dots. I don't have the spiral dots to comment on how they differ though.

Thanks. I was wondering if the spinfits or spiral dots come in a specific size that fits the Harmony nozzle than the ear (like the Complys do). Or are they generic?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back