Fender IEM (Aurisonics) Impressions, Reviews & Discussions Thread
May 13, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #3,287 of 6,413
Upgrade is more than I was expecting... Hmmmm.. Not sure what to do now as I really want that Flat-4 Kuro :l 

Bolded is my exact current dilemma.

Has the upgrade been announced?? Or did you mean just the standard price increase for the stealth?

I know I'm probably in the absolute minority here with this opinion, but while Aurisonics can certainly flex its engineering and innovation muscles, I don't think industrial design is one of their strengths.

May 13, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #3,288 of 6,413
Bolded is my exact current dilemma.

Has the upgrade been announced?? Or did you mean just the standard price increase for the stealth?

I know I'm probably in the absolute minority here with this opinion, but while Aurisonics can certainly flex its engineering and innovation muscles, I don't think industrial design is one of their strengths.

Upgrade went live: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aurisonics/209300975753348?hc_location=timeline

It's $300 for current G-1 owners to upgrade to the frosted G-2 with bass port

May 13, 2013 at 1:56 AM Post #3,289 of 6,413
Upgrade went live: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aurisonics/209300975753348?hc_location=timeline

It's $300 for current G-1 owners to upgrade to the frosted G-2 with bass port

Haha would not have checked there in a million years. Thanks!

Yea, the dude who said $300 earlier this thread, my hat is off to you.
I knew he was probably right as soon as I realized that the ASG-2 used the new 1.3 driver and absolutely nothing would be reused in the upgrade from a 1.0-1.2 but I kept up hope.

The frosted is not really my cup of tea given my like for all things pretty and $400 is kind of steep for me, even though I know this isn't so much an upgrade as a trade-in program.

Expectations of "epic" are playing a large part in my "I dunno" feeling here, which isn't exactly rational, I know.

May 13, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #3,290 of 6,413
Yeah, I'm not sure what I'm going to do at the moment. Was considering selling my Flat-4 to fund Kuro, but then this came out of nowhere, and on top of that, I just dropped some cash on that 334...

Lol, luckily for me, I'm really good with my hands and can paint the G-2 whatever color I want :p

Yeah, not sure where the epic is either. Bass port? I wasn't expecting that to be standard...

May 13, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #3,291 of 6,413
Might want to sell it quick before crazy talk of a marginally more expensive better Kuro sets the world ablaze =\

I love how you have or are waiting on receipt of a TG334 and are like... "So what else is there?"

I'd have my gf paint mine whatever color is lighting up the nails of the spring runways.

I think the bass port is going to be standard on the ASG-2 period, isn't it?

Edit: I need to find a way to link thoughts succinctly to make it look like I'm not nuts lol.

May 13, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #3,292 of 6,413
Quote:
Might want to sell it quick before crazy talk of a marginally more expensive better Kuro sets the world ablaze =\

I love how you have or are waiting on receipt of a TG334 and are like... "So what else is there?"

I'd have my gf paint mine whatever color is lighting up the nails of the spring runways.

I think the bass port is going to be standard on the ASG-2 period, isn't it?

Edit: I need to find a way to link thoughts succinctly to make it look like I'm not nuts lol.

LOL. I've already outlined the next 7 phones I'm going to try out: Kuro, 1P2, Parterre, Rhapsodio R^2, ASG-2, Shure 846
(I also have a buyer lined up for the SUI already)

I think I'm just gonna do the same color scheme as on my G-1, but black shell plus yellow lettering sounds kinda cool. I might pick up some white Krylon spray paint, mask off the plate and spray the back white for some panda G-2s Basically I want to mimic the AE-86 Trueno :D
http://corpsecantlaugh.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/18945_szxravlrzq_ori.jpg

Not that I know of... I think Dale mentioned it on here that bass port is not standard, and there are units floating around from the sale that don't have it as it's a very recent addition. I think Kunlun and ShotgunShane are the only two in the wild who have the bass port. EricP might as well, I'm not sure

May 13, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #3,294 of 6,413
LOL. I've already outlined the next 7 phones I'm going to try out: Kuro, 1P2, Parterre, Rhapsodio R^2, ASG-2, Shure 846
(I also have a buyer lined up for the SUI already)

I think I'm just gonna do the same color scheme as on my G-1, but black shell plus yellow lettering sounds kinda cool. I might pick up some white Krylon spray paint, mask off the plate and spray the back white for some panda G-2s Basically I want to mimic the AE-86 Trueno :D
http://corpsecantlaugh.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/18945_szxravlrzq_ori.jpg

Not that I know of... I think Dale mentioned it on here that bass port is not standard, and there are units floating around from the sale that don't have it as it's a very recent addition. I think Kunlun and ShotgunShane are the only two in the wild who have the bass port. EricP might as well, I'm not sure

I'm mainly interested in the Parterre and the Kuro at the moment (but just looking at the Ocharaku site they all of a sudden mention the Flat4 - Xuan, Flat4 - Gen, Flat4 - Trendy, Flat4- Chic, and then my vision got blurry)

I like the AE-86 idea if you can do it cleanly :D

And I was going to redact that first line about the SUI for my good pal you lol. But all seems well.

can someone direct me to the Kuro thread, can't find it. Found it

I was gonna help you darnit.

May 13, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #3,295 of 6,413
How did u manage to get TG334? I thought they have been out of stock for the past 2-3 months? OTOH, that stealth ASG-2 is a beauty. Can't wait to try it once my local store bring them in. I'm in the market for TOTL uIEM after selling Se 535 a few weeks ago. So far have my eyes on the TG334, 1p2 and this ASG-2.

May 13, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #3,296 of 6,413
Quote:
I'm mainly interested in the Parterre and the Kuro at the moment (but just looking at the Ocharaku site they all of a sudden mention the Flat4 - Xuan, Flat4 - Gen, Flat4 - Trendy, Flat4- Chic, and then my vision got blurry)

I like the AE-86 idea if you can do it cleanly
biggrin.gif

And I was going to redact that first line about the SUI for my good pal you lol. But all seems well.
I was gonna help you darnit.

Yeah, those two are definitely at the top of my list at the moment. I don't really enjoy listenin' to my ES5 at all anymore after the SUI. It just feels jumbled together and claustrophobic to me. In all honesty... I'm not even sure if there's any difference to be had between SUI and Kuro (PM me for more info). So this is going to be a bit of a gamble on my part... 

I'm a hundred percent sure I can pull off the faceplate at least, as I've done it before. The white portion... hmmm... I scoped some matte all weather white Krylon spray paint at Home Depot while I was picking up stain for some wood trim around the house, was thinking of picking it up to experiment, but never got around to it. I guess it'll all come down to how evenly I can spray it. I'll have to do some trials before prime time. So long as I can get it to the point where I can get an even spray, it should work out if I mask the plate properly. I dunno, it'll be a fun little project :D 

How did u manage to get TG334? I thought they have been out of stock for the past 2-3 months?

Bought it off of a fellow H-FIer

May 13, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #3,298 of 6,413
^ does sound like a fun project. I never have any luck masking anything but the flattest of surfaces, so I'd just wish you luck haha.

Wow that's interesting about the ES5 since I've never owned a custom but I did notice that I rarely heard anyone say how spacious it sounded, but they didn't complain either. Color me intrigued: will definitely PM later about the SUI/Kuro, thanks!

May 14, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #3,300 of 6,413
I'm a little surprised that this thread isn't getting more action right now tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back