Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Mar 27, 2023 at 10:56 AM Post #11,011 of 11,509
Does anyone know which variation damages the euphoria amplifier tubes and internal components more? if it is power on for 1 hour every day, or if it is on once a week for 8 hours continuously? I would like an explanation, with reasons.
Both ate totally fine scenarios even long term.

If I had to choose I'd go with once a week for 8h is less demanding since the inrush when turning on occurs less frequently.

Mar 28, 2023 at 6:01 AM Post #11,012 of 11,509
Has anyone replaced the factory psvane 181 mk2 gold tubes or 6n13s nos tubes? are there clearly better tubes than these, which are even better in terms of sound quality and technical knowledge, or do they just give a different tone?

Mar 28, 2023 at 7:24 AM Post #11,015 of 11,509
thank you, but I'm interested in the experience of the euforia owners here, I'm sure there are people who would be happy to describe their experiences.
Yep. 11000+ posts of Euforia users, many of which are happily sharing their experiences with using different tubes, which ones, and their sonic impressions. Exactly what you have asked for. Elise is relevant too, because it takes the same tube families, and the difference will be more tube specific, though of course amp will have some bearing as well.

Sometimes there is no substitute for doing your homework.

Mar 31, 2023 at 6:06 AM Post #11,016 of 11,509
I’
Has anyone replaced the factory psvane 181 mk2 gold tubes or 6n13s nos tubes? are there clearly better tubes than these, which are even better in terms of sound quality and technical knowledge, or do they just give a different tone?
I’ve read that changing the 6n13s gives the most impact due to the fact the psvane tubes are pretty high quality and the power tubes affect sound the most.

That might be a good place to start!

Also using kt88s with adapter for driver and power is a pretty popular option if you want to try something different. It might introduce hum though

Mar 31, 2023 at 6:38 AM Post #11,017 of 11,509
I’

I’ve read that changing the 6n13s gives the most impact due to the fact the psvane tubes are pretty high quality and the power tubes affect sound the most.

That might be a good place to start!

Also using kt88s with adapter for driver and power is a pretty popular option if you want to try something different. It might introduce hum though
aren't the driver tubes what gives the sound quality? Clarity, details, resolution, transparency, space?

just the other day, I read somewhere that someone had a lot of old (nos) tubes, and when psvane put 181 t mk2 tubes in his system, they sounded the best for him in terms of details, sub range and transparency, so psvane is definitely a high-end category in terms of sound quality.

Mar 31, 2023 at 6:54 AM Post #11,018 of 11,509
aren't the driver tubes what gives the sound quality? Clarity, details, resolution, transparency, space?

just the other day, I read somewhere that someone had a lot of old (nos) tubes, and when psvane put 181 t mk2 tubes in his system, they sounded the best for him in terms of details, sub range and transparency, so psvane is definitely a high-end category in terms of sound quality.
Sorry, I meant to say that changing the power tubes from stock gives the most positive effect on sound quality due to the fact the driver tubes are excellent.

Mar 31, 2023 at 7:16 AM Post #11,019 of 11,509
As far as I know, the Euforia amplifiers have Svetlana 6n13S at the factory. (or are all 6n13s manufactured by Svetlana?) I would like to know exactly which type of tubes are clearly better than these, without a conversion adapter. As far as I can see, psvane does not produce tubes with 6n13s sockets.

Mar 31, 2023 at 7:18 AM Post #11,020 of 11,509
Sorry, I meant to say that changing the power tubes from stock gives the most positive effect on sound quality due to the fact the driver tubes are excellent.
As far as I know, the Euforia amplifiers have Svetlana 6n13S at the factory. (or are all 6n13s manufactured by Svetlana?) I would like to know exactly which type of tubes are clearly better than these, without a conversion adapter. As far as I can see, psvane does not produce tubes with 6n13s sockets.

Mar 31, 2023 at 7:35 AM Post #11,021 of 11,509
I think it’s pretty subjective as to what I “better” but I like the Sylvania 7236 for not bass impact and clarity

Mar 31, 2023 at 2:22 PM Post #11,022 of 11,509
Have a look at the 6AS7G thread...
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/for-6as7g-tube-rollers-here.410326/
For clean sound the 6N13S is actually quite good; I have quite a few pairs of them. 7236 and 5998 are the premium clean power tube options.

For warm tube goodness there is 6AS7G and 6AS7GA (I bought quite a few here at $15 each or so but they are now sold out https://www.parts-express.com/6AS7GA-6AS7-GE-JAN-Vacuum-Tube-072-612?quantity=1)

There are various manufacturers of 6080 tube which is the same as 6AS7G / 6N13S. Best of those is Bendix 6080WB. And they have slotted or solid plates; the slotted is supposed to be the best of the 6080WBs.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2023 at 3:21 AM Post #11,024 of 11,509
Hello,

@Koren

If you run the amplifier for 1 hour a day, I would say that it is the tubes that are most likely to suffer and not the components in the Euforia itself.

Because you heat up the tube briefly to temperature and then let it cool down again.
This is definitely not recommended especially if you have tubes that were ultra rare and also expensive.

Here I would say from 2 hours it makes sense to switch on the Euforia, below that not.
It is then better to go to SS amplifier at one hour.
But I have also done it before, when it only ran for 1 hour. you can do it sometimes, but not too often.

Your questions about other tubes.
There were countless manufacturers back then when it was still a mass product.
They were also very reliable in their function but were no longer produced after the war and when transistor technology came along.
That's why tubes are no longer in the focus they once were.

Many manufacturers no longer exist and if you can still find something, it is a remnant, sometimes at exorbitant prices.
Like the Tung Sol 5998 for example, it is a great tube and one of the best for the Euforia.
It's worth the wait for a good price.

That's why it's a bit difficult to say what to ask for.
It also depends on the market, what dealers and Ebay are offering, sometimes you google for a tube and find something about it on Headfi, sometimes not.

The in-house Feliks tube tuning as you know it with the Svetlana and Ps Vane is tuned for absolute neutrality.
The 6AS7G unfortunately masks the detail range, you will notice this when you have bought and tried a 6080 or 5998.
The 6SN7 is much more available and also has a very good influence on the euforia and also brings much more to swap against the Ps Vane.
They have much better textures,bite in the bass,depending on the midrange and treble.

As for the adapter story, the Euforia is mostly fine with it and unfolds even better.
6v6 are great tubes than 6sn7 and again a bit better.

Also, the Dac is what you are looking for and the headphones you are using to fine tune to the tubes.
The Gustard R26 is a great match for the Euforia and brings a lot to the table, best I have heard so far.

If you are rolling tubes, start small.
6Sn7 Foton with a couple of 6080 General Electric will give you a good feel for what you can do with the Euforia.
The rest you will realise what you are looking for and then you can be helped further.

6n5p pipe is unfortunately a dying pipe that will soon no longer exist.
Just like the 6AS7G from Svetlana or Rca or 6080.
6080 is even more common than 6AS7G.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back