Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Apr 9, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #11,026 of 11,519
can it happen that the 6n13s tube explodes? can dangerous substances or other dangers enter the air at this time? I noticed that the top of the right rear 6n13s is a bit ugly in the middle. or is this normal? I think due to the heat. I just don't know if it's normal or not, and if it could explode.

Apr 9, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #11,027 of 11,519
Has anyone seen a helpful Euforia EVO review not done by someone trying to sell one …i.e. Upscale Audio?? I’m a little surprise there are not more critical independent reviews. 🤷‍♂️

Apr 9, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #11,028 of 11,519
can it happen that the 6n13s tube explodes? can dangerous substances or other dangers enter the air at this time? I noticed that the top of the right rear 6n13s is a bit ugly in the middle. or is this normal? I think due to the heat. I just don't know if it's normal or not, and if it could explode.
Hello,
please take a photo of this, it would be helpful.
The tube is not filled with gas, but with vaccum, I don't think anything can happen to the body.
If it really is as you describe, then you should not use the amplifier any more to provoke a defect.
Replace the tubes that are defective before using it again.

Some tubes discolour when they have been running for a while, but this is normal.

Unfortunately, I didn't understand your narricht from the previous post a few days ago.
Could you perhaps formulate it better or describe better what you mean?

@LegionofDoom

I think the revised version is technically a bit better although I don't own it.
And only slightly different from the Anniversery and OG version but more on the subtle level, no huge steps.

I think Feliks also did a good job of listening to their customers with the Evo in terms of comfort.
XLR connection for example.
The fact that they have not deviated from the tube concept also shows that they have remained true to themselves.
Which doesn't necessarily speak for the old owners, since they know the hole it can cause.:sweat:

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #11,029 of 11,519
Has anyone seen a helpful Euforia EVO review not done by someone trying to sell one …i.e. Upscale Audio?? I’m a little surprise there are not more critical independent reviews. 🤷‍♂️
AFAIK, the EVO shares the same internals with the Anniversary. Only the looks have change.

So any review of the anniversary is helpful.

Sorry if I miss spell his name. Amid has done a review on his yt channel. Amplify audio reviews. Good one.

Apr 9, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #11,030 of 11,519
Hello,
please take a photo of this, it would be helpful.
The tube is not filled with gas, but with vaccum, I don't think anything can happen to the body.
If it really is as you describe, then you should not use the amplifier any more to provoke a defect.
Replace the tubes that are defective before using it again.

Some tubes discolour when they have been running for a while, but this is normal.

Unfortunately, I didn't understand your narricht from the previous post a few days ago.
Could you perhaps formulate it better or describe better what you mean?

@LegionofDoom

I think the revised version is technically a bit better although I don't own it.
And only slightly different from the Anniversery and OG version but more on the subtle level, no huge steps.

I think Feliks also did a good job of listening to their customers with the Evo in terms of comfort.
XLR connection for example.
The fact that they have not deviated from the tube concept also shows that they have remained true to themselves.
Which doesn't necessarily speak for the old owners, since they know the hole it can cause.:sweat:
nothing would be visible in the photo. if I put my finger on the top of the right rear 6n13S tube, it's not completely smooth, but so strange..

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2023 at 1:03 AM Post #11,031 of 11,519
Has anyone tried the Euforia with RCA 6AS7G + Sylvania 6SN7 coupled with the Topping D90SE + HE 560 V4? What does everyone think? I don't remember trying this combination before, but how awesome! This is an ethereal sound!! Love it. Sorry to generalzie, I was just listening to a great recording too, but I think it's still such a great sound. Neutral from the Euforia, Neutral-warm from the HE-560 V4.

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2023 at 2:37 AM Post #11,032 of 11,519
@Koren
It would still be great if you did one just to be sure.
Maybe others will see something you don't.

There are tubes in the Nos range where the glass is not completely smooth but wavy.
Most of the time it's on the inside, but it could be the same on the outside.
And that might be what you mean.

@LegatoB

I personally don't.
I have the Rca but have rolled it with other 6SN7s.
I don't have the Sylvania you are talking about.
I'm glad you found something that fits.
The good thing about the Euforia is that it is so versatile and very tube friendly, even with adapted tubes if you don't overdo it.
That's what makes the amp so unique in a special way.
Once you have tried it and succeeded in what you are looking for, it is very hard to let it go.

Apr 10, 2023 at 5:59 PM Post #11,033 of 11,519
I would like to ask those who have been dealing with tube amplifiers for a long time, have had many tubes in their hands: can it happen that a vacuum tube explodes/bursts? if so when will this happen? as a result of what? my other important question is that it can happen with a svetlana 6n13s tube (or even another type) that if you run your finger along the top of the tube in the middle, it is not completely smooth, but bumpy/bumpy? because my right rear pipe is like this..(6n13s) . can it be faulty at the factory? I noticed it before yesterday, since then the amplifier has been running for 8 hours, everything is fine in terms of sound. the tube has about 80-100 hours, brand new .. the top of the left 6n13s is completely smooth. should I be afraid of something? I really want a professional answer from someone who really understands, thank you.

Apr 12, 2023 at 6:22 AM Post #11,034 of 11,519
So is it physically impossible for a vacuum tube to explode during use? I'll be honest, I'm afraid of this, because the amplifier is half a meter away from me, almost at head height, and I don't want to expose myself to an accident that one of the pipes explodes and the glass cuts my face.

Apr 12, 2023 at 7:35 AM Post #11,035 of 11,519
Is very highly unlikely. There is no gas inside, so there's nothing to conbust or expand. Worst case it pops and maybe the glass cracks from the metal banging against it. But it's not a potential grenade. I sit with my (2x) 300B, (2x) 5U4G, and (2x) Melz 1578 at had height about 3 feet away and have no fear of them exploding.

Apr 12, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #11,036 of 11,519
So is it physically impossible for a vacuum tube to explode during use? I'll be honest, I'm afraid of this, because the amplifier is half a meter away from me, almost at head height, and I don't want to expose myself to an accident that one of the pipes explodes and the glass cuts my face.
Hello,

I didn't know if I was laughing or if you were serious.😇

I had written to you above that there is vaccum in the tubes, but from a chemical point of view it is a gas which is very harmless.
The tube would have to be under pressure for this to happen.
As @mordy told you, I would recommend his findings.

Also, as I said, there are tubes that can be wavy, which is a result of the production process.
This is not dangerous either, it is an optical flaw.

The things with the arcs as Mordy had written could be critical for headphones.
Therefore always switch the Euforia on and off when the headphones are unplugged. Turn down the potentiometer beforehand and 100% nothing will happen to your headphones.
And you will not get an electric shock if an arc occurs.
By the time you realise it, the spook is long over, switch off the amplifier from a safe distance, the switch on the mains plug or through the fuse box.
The fuse in the amplifier will probably have blown beforehand, but this way you are on the safe side.

However, this only happens if you have received tubes that have already exceeded their life cycle.
reached.
You should always make sure that the tubes you buy have been measured and are perhaps still new.
Used is always a 50:50 proposition.
Be careful there.
It may or may not work.

In the 3 years I've owned the Euforia I've had a rotten pair of 5998 Tungsol tubes that were really at the end of their tether and it was noticeable sonically.

Don't worry too much, better take into account the little things as described above and what is written in the manual.
Then nothing will happen.
Have fun with the Evo Euforia,✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️

Apr 12, 2023 at 10:04 AM Post #11,037 of 11,519
Hello,

I didn't know if I was laughing or if you were serious.😇

I had written to you above that there is vaccum in the tubes, but from a chemical point of view it is a gas which is very harmless.
The tube would have to be under pressure for this to happen.
As @mordy told you, I would recommend his findings.

Also, as I said, there are tubes that can be wavy, which is a result of the production process.
This is not dangerous either, it is an optical flaw.

The things with the arcs as Mordy had written could be critical for headphones.
Therefore always switch the Euforia on and off when the headphones are unplugged. Turn down the potentiometer beforehand and 100% nothing will happen to your headphones.
And you will not get an electric shock if an arc occurs.
By the time you realise it, the spook is long over, switch off the amplifier from a safe distance, the switch on the mains plug or through the fuse box.
The fuse in the amplifier will probably have blown beforehand, but this way you are on the safe side.

However, this only happens if you have received tubes that have already exceeded their life cycle.
reached.
You should always make sure that the tubes you buy have been measured and are perhaps still new.
Used is always a 50:50 proposition.
Be careful there.
It may or may not work.

In the 3 years I've owned the Euforia I've had a rotten pair of 5998 Tungsol tubes that were really at the end of their tether and it was noticeable sonically.

Don't worry too much, better take into account the little things as described above and what is written in the manual.
Then nothing will happen.
Have fun with the Evo Euforia,✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️
How did Tungsol tube 5998 behave, what happened that made you realize that they are at the end of their life cycle and need to be replaced?

Apr 12, 2023 at 12:43 PM Post #11,038 of 11,519
Hello,

There was some kind of soft beeping on one channel, and some kind of interference as if the smartphone was nearby.
I sent it in to be measured and the result was that both were at the end.
One tube had almost no vaccum left and the other was close to shorting out.

I was able to send them back to America.
I got the money back, but only the purchase price, and I didn't get the money for the shipping and the evaluation.

Especially in the Us area, you sometimes have to be glad about that, because the situation can change very quickly and you have to pay the costs.
The other thing is that it is best to buy new when you order there.
Then everything is good.
My experience so far has been that private people with published measurements have delivered better tubes than dealers.
They take everything they get and sell it, even at 50% life, and the prices are sometimes lavish, depending on the brand and rarities.

If you want to roll tubes, start small first.

Apr 12, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #11,039 of 11,519
Hello,

There was some kind of soft beeping on one channel, and some kind of interference as if the smartphone was nearby.
I sent it in to be measured and the result was that both were at the end.
One tube had almost no vaccum left and the other was close to shorting out.

I was able to send them back to America.
I got the money back, but only the purchase price, and I didn't get the money for the shipping and the evaluation.

Especially in the Us area, you sometimes have to be glad about that, because the situation can change very quickly and you have to pay the costs.
The other thing is that it is best to buy new when you order there.
Then everything is good.
My experience so far has been that private people with published measurements have delivered better tubes than dealers.
They take everything they get and sell it, even at 50% life, and the prices are sometimes lavish, depending on the brand and rarities.

If you want to roll tubes, start small first.
If there is almost no vacuum left in one pipe, and the other was close to a short circuit. Can this damage the electronics of the tube amplifier itself? I mean a tube short circuit? Does the warranty expire in this case?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back