Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jul 9, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #3,466 of 11,472
The question I'm going to be pondering throughout the day. Why would anyone use anything on Euforia other than Foton drivers and GEC6080 power tubes???

Jul 10, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #3,470 of 11,472
The question I'm going to be pondering throughout the day. Why would anyone use anything on Euforia other than Foton drivers and GEC6080 power tubes???
The main reason is to save the GEC6AS7 and the TS roundplates as an investment-the Fotons with the right power tubes are just as satisfying to listen to

Jul 10, 2017 at 7:18 AM Post #3,471 of 11,472
The main reason is to save the GEC6AS7 and the TS roundplates as an investment

Hahaha ..... Gec 6a7g as an investment? I tried but I kept wanting to use it .... to listen to it again. This holy grail is the smoothest of all chocolate. Think of what that will do to the hd800. It will make it civilised and euphonic. It is so smooth and yet so clear. Bass is so authoritative. The whole frequency spectrum is just magic.

However if I keep my pair, it might get to $1000 in 5 years time.... :money_mouth:

Jul 10, 2017 at 7:40 AM Post #3,472 of 11,472
After a long hiatus from T1, it's pure magic listening to it again. This is definitely a leaner tone than hd800 but the Samurai sword cuts through the air like a hot knife through butter. I am mesmerised by the more defined and precise tone. It's a lot of fun alternating between these headphones, hd650 included.

Jul 10, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #3,473 of 11,472
Hi pct and UT,

I subscribe to pct's notion of everything in moderation. There is always something that is better. But I have reached an age where I am happy being happy with what I have - ATM the Euforia (using a $9 hospital grade A/C power cord) with RCA 6AS7G and Foton 6N8S.
Finally got a pair of T1 headphones that makes me forget my speakers (but I am still listening to my speakers here and there). And in five months time I should have the Massdrop HD 6xx - when they get ready to ship out the 11,500 ordered. Which shows you that you should always read the fine print.

So the philosophical question is: Musical enjoyment or musical perfection?

Will perfect musicality, will I be perfectly musically happy? But I am already so happy with the sound I have - sure those expensive pieces will make it sound better - I trust the judgement of their proponents.

Still, I am trying to remain immune to the advanced case of upgradeitis that the Euforia causes. I mean, I do have a DAC already ...the Elna EL-D01.

Will see how things play out. In the US the government forces you to take out a portion of your IRA (retirement account) savings at age 70 1/2 and every year thereafter, or face a 50% tax.

Jul 10, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #3,474 of 11,472
Mordy, take your time. You are right. You could be happy now and not upgrade anymore. However musical enjoyment is musical perfection..... for some at least :)

Before I started on this Head-Fi road, I was enjoying my music with MP3. I was enjoying Youtube music videos. I still do at times. :) Now even Tidal at 16/44.1 sounds so different from MP3. I didn't have vinyl then or I had vinyl when I was 19 years old and it was a Mitsubishi sound system. :)

One must be careful in this hobby. You can get carried away very quickly. It's important to spend according to your budget. Don't let others influence you. When I had Elise, I only had the NAD d1050. I was happy then or I wouldn't have so many posts..... :ksc75smile:

However, is it better now? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ............ need I answer it? Better is not the word. It's supreme now and I am only getting a glimpse of high end. I better stop before I bankrupt the Australian Treasury.

But but @Rossliew is tempting me with Stax and Blue Hawaii........ and I'm still about to buy my LAST pair of tubes from @oshipao . A near NOS pair of Chatham 6080wb solid plates. Last one definitely @Oskari or my name's TU.

Jul 10, 2017 at 3:59 PM Post #3,476 of 11,472
I have been looking for a pair of those (Tung sol/Chatham 6080), do you know if the seller has more that I could source?

Let me talk to @oshipao first. He has only one pair and he's a gorgeous forum member here. If he agrees to sell it to you at the price he ask for then I am willing to let it go..... sob.... bye bye Chatham.

Truth is I feel guilty buying one more pair when I already have the Bendix 6080wb slotted graphite plates and a single Chatham 6080wb.

So @Oskari .... sorry for quoting you freeeeely .... I will or may spare you the agony of another pair of tubes. I will try to exercise temperance. Hands shaking...... withdrawal symptoms of not buying tubes......

Jul 10, 2017 at 4:15 PM Post #3,477 of 11,472
Let me talk to @oshipao first. He has only one pair and he's a gorgeous forum member here. If he agrees to sell it to you at the price he ask for then I am willing to let it go..... sob.... bye bye Chatham.

That is very kind of you, thanks!
I was not aware he had advertised a pair of those here at the forum.

EDIT: I just had a look at his post in the sales section. Unfortunately, 150 EUR is too steep for me this month, I just got my pair of GEC 6080 :frowning2:

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2017 at 4:20 PM Post #3,478 of 11,472
That is very kind of you, thanks!
I was not aware he had advertised a pair of those here at the forum.

He did... a while back on the classified here... but then he withdrew it. However I am UT and anyone will sell UT anything.

Btw, if you do get it, don't tell @angpsi about it. He will unfriend me for not letting him know first. The truth is I'm saving his wallet and his marriage.... and his little bicycle.

Ps... I am thinking of changing my name to VK - VeryKind.

Now that I change my mind, Oshipao will unfriend me too.

Well I did not change my mind but I was kind to let another forum member get a taste of what it's like to listen to the 'Chief Of Staff'. !!!

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #3,479 of 11,472
EDIT: I just had a look at his post in the sales section. Unfortunately, 150 EUR is too steep for me this month, I just got my pair of GEC 6080 :frowning2:

Ok no problem. I will buy it gladly, happily, joyfully, hand clappingly...

So after many posts I'm back to buying it again and I will have to put up with another Oskari's remarks. Remember O, this is the LAST or UT's not my name.

@Tunkejazz I will buy it now and sell it to you for 300 euro in 6 months time .... how's that? :blush:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back