Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jul 6, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #3,451 of 11,472
Hello Bren and welcome to this thread.

Euforia is exactly the same as Elise in the preamp function. See this picture I took of the 2 amps together.

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/f...sheeps-clothing.831743/page-101#post-13356746

I've not experimented with Euforia as a preamp but I did with Elise.... on my 2 channel stereo system. With the RCA out from Elise to my amplifier preamp in, volume is controlled on the amp. That's how I remembered it.... ie Elise volume knob does nothing.... yup pretty sure about it.

Jul 6, 2017 at 10:48 AM Post #3,453 of 11,472
So it wont work as a preamp for my poweramp (since poweramps dont have volume dials). Il contact feliks audio te be sure if i decide to buy. I am selling my Violectric V850 to buy an RME ADI-2 PRO for the DAC/SSamp combo and mainly for the DSP functions to help with my roomreflections. I will probably end up buying a Feliks Audio Euforia or Auris Audio HA2SE tube amp afterwards tho.

Jul 6, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #3,454 of 11,472
So it wont work as a preamp for my poweramp (since poweramps dont have volume dials). Il contact feliks audio te be sure if i decide to buy. I am selling my Violectric V850 to buy an RME ADI-2 PRO for the DAC/SSamp combo and mainly for the DSP functions to help with my roomreflections. I will probably end up buying a Feliks Audio Euforia or Auris Audio HA2SE tube amp afterwards tho.

Ah yes, please contact Lukasz regarding the preamp function of Euforia..... I'm sure it will work and not just a gimmick.

My only exposure with Elise's preamp is my 15 minutes of fame as I show case to the world 'here' my 'imaginary' Focal Grande Utopia.

a8cae09e85c4f55b973cee6bbb00b598.jpg

Jul 6, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #3,456 of 11,472
HI BA,

I have been using the Euforia consistently (and before that the Elise) as a preamp. Volume is controlled by both the volume knob on the Euforia and the volume control on my integrated 110W ss amp.
Usually I turn the Euforia volume to max and adjust the amp to a suitable volume level - according to the watt meter on the amp not more than 2W is needed.
Just tried it the other way around - volume at 10am on the Euforia (what I use for my T1 headphones) and turned up the amp to around 80% to get the desired volume level (still reads less than 2W).
Can't really hear any difference in sound either way (subject to longer term listening).
Cannot find any reason why you cannot control your power amp volume with the Euforia, but just to be sure you could email Lukasz at Feliks Audio.
IMHO you have nothing to worry about using the Euforia as a preamp - should work splendidly.
Added a picture of the readout on my 80's Sony integrated amp. The Euforia volume for this picture was 12am, the amp at 70%, the watts well under 2W for room filling sound. (Maybe the bass has more impact with the amp turned up higher)

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2017 at 4:01 PM Post #3,457 of 11,472

Hi Bren, Mordy is correct.

I had a dream last night and it all came back to me. I remember it clearly now. It was Elise control that work. My amp control did nothing.... in my case at least.

Cheers.

Jul 6, 2017 at 4:57 PM Post #3,458 of 11,472
Because UT said so!

Wow, that's a powerful statement. Even I shudder to read it but you are correct. My comments on those power tubes, though done with some tongue in cheek, is what I believe them to be.

So if you need a refresher, just go to page one and read it again.

.... I mean page one of Elise thread. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #3,460 of 11,472
I had a Thorens like this one for a few years and loved it. Used the Empire 999Ve cartridge was a favorite. Started out using Shure cartridges but the Empire seemed more musical and effortless. Then moved on to an Accutrack 4000 with the laser track selector, lots of fun. Could program different tracks in any order, as many times as you wanted. ..https://www.vinylengine.com/library/adc/accutrac-4000.shtml.

Jul 7, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #3,461 of 11,472
I had a Thorens like this one for a few years and loved it. Used the Empire 999Ve cartridge was a favorite. Started out using Shure cartridges but the Empire seemed more musical and effortless. Then moved on to an Accutrack 4000 with the laser track selector, lots of fun. Could program different tracks in any order, as many times as you wanted. ..https://www.vinylengine.com/library/adc/accutrac-4000.shtml.

Thorens, Shure and Empire were all great names. There was much more "romance" involved in audio back then than there is today. We just didn't realize it :)

Jul 7, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #3,462 of 11,472
I've been listening with my slotted Bendix 6080s today. In case I forgot to mention (which I know I didn't) I got them PLUS my pristine pair of GEC6AS7Gs for total of $400. No farmer tubes those!!! But I did buy them from a farmer who was outstanding in his field. I tried that joke once before, but got no "likes", so I'm giving it one more try. :beyersmile:

Jul 7, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #3,463 of 11,472
I've been listening with my slotted Bendix 6080s today. In case I forgot to mention (which I know I didn't) I got them PLUS my pristine pair of GEC6AS7Gs for total of $400. No farmer tubes those!!! But I did buy them from a farmer who was outstanding in his field. I tried that joke once before, but got no "likes", so I'm giving it one more try. :beyersmile:

I said the Bendix 6080wb was and is my Chief of Staff. I'm desperately looking for another Chatham or Tung Sol 6080wb solid plates to pair with the solo tube that I have. If you have one for $10, let me know.

Jul 7, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #3,464 of 11,472
I'm watching the new 'Magnificent Seven' with sound from Euforia and the Bendix 6080wb now.

Denzel Washington is no Yul Brynner but the movie is pretty good and the bullets sounded real from the Bendix .... or is it bandits.

I almost choked on the scene, when the town folks said that they can't fight to defend themselves but the girl said, 'Leave if you want, just don't take anything that if not yours. I'm the only one with the balls to fight'.

Those are fighting words and coming from the Bendix, you know she mean it.

In the end, 4 men died fighting for those who couldn't fight for themselves. The world needs these men.... and women.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back