Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jul 10, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #3,481 of 11,460
Hehehe, my evil side has played with the idea of buying some expensive tube and keeping it in the drawer for 5 years...to see what happens when I try to sell it! :)

I would not dare to ask for the price of your GEC 6AS7G in six months then... :wink:

If someday I do give up on tubes, I won't take advantage of inflation. They will be sold at prices I bought at or lower. I'm not a seller but a hobbyist. :wink:

Jul 10, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #3,482 of 11,460
If someday I do give up on tubes, I won't take advantage of inflation. They will be sold at prices I bought at or lower. I'm not a seller but a hobbyist. :wink:

That is exactly why I never let my dark side take over my actions.
But looking at prices on eBay, makes me mad and triggers that kind of thoughts.
Tubes that I bought 2 years ago for my Ember have gone up already 40%, some of them from the same sellers!

Jul 10, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #3,483 of 11,460
That is exactly why I never let my dark side take over my actions.
But looking at prices on eBay, makes me mad and triggers that kind of thoughts.
Tubes that I bought 2 years ago for my Ember have gone up already 40%, some of them from the same sellers!

and they will continue to go up. Bought my pair of Tung Sol 5998 about almost 2 years ago at $239 NOS.

5 years old they are less than $100. 10 years ago you get them for $30.

Jul 10, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #3,485 of 11,460
Btw, if you do get it, don't tell @angpsi about it. He will unfriend me for not letting him know first. The truth is I'm saving his wallet and his marriage.... and his little bicycle.
No tubes for me, I'm planting trees now. Figured if I rolled with that, one of them will become Yggdrasil and I'll be a happy man. Oh, wait, I'm already a happy man; bought my daughter a bike (and she loves me nonetheless)!:beyersmile: Plus, such good company here I'd never imagine unfrieding anyone or it would be my loss...

Jul 10, 2017 at 6:32 PM Post #3,486 of 11,460
No tubes for me, I'm planting trees now. Figured if I rolled with that, one of them will become Yggdrasil and I'll be a happy man. Oh, wait, I'm already a happy man; bought my daughter a bike (and she loves me nonetheless)!:beyersmile: Plus, such good company here I'd never imagine unfrieding anyone or it would be my loss...

I am glad my oldest son is only 4 years old...no expensive bikes for them yet!
Vacation has become very expensive though as they both now pay plane seats. We are right now in Algave enjoying lovely food, weather and beaches!

Jul 10, 2017 at 6:35 PM Post #3,488 of 11,460
If I ever do get the Yggdrasil it will be very hard to pass it off as a cheap minor toy I spent very little money on. That's definitely one chunky large piece of equipment! So my marriage is indeed projected to be compromised in the future, even if you gift me the thing. No wife of an audiophile would ever believe it!

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #3,491 of 11,460
If I ever do get the Yggdrasil it will be very hard to pass it off as a cheap minor toy I spent very little money on. That's definitely one chunky large piece of equipment! So my marriage is indeed projected to be compromised in the future, even if you gift me the thing. No wife of an audiophile would ever believe it!

Whenever she complains about my audiophile thingy, I just ask for the price of her bag/purse.
I always get a "fine then" :)

EDIT: how much can a piece of glass with wires cost?
EDIT1: how much can a piece of leather cost?

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2017 at 6:42 PM Post #3,492 of 11,460
I am glad my oldest son is only 4 years old...no expensive bikes for them yet!
Vacation has become very expensive though as they both now pay plane seats. We are right now in Algave enjoying lovely food, weather and beaches!
@Tunkejazz atr you from Portugal or just spending your vacation there? Been meaning to visit the country, have some friends and colleagues over there

Jul 10, 2017 at 6:46 PM Post #3,493 of 11,460
Whenever she complains about my audiophile thingy, I just ask for the price of her bag/purse.
I always get a "fine then" :)

EDIT: how much can a piece of glass with wires cost?
EDIT1: how much can a piece of leather cost?
Don't think the bag trick will do the job in this case. Next year I'm paying a hefty tuition for 1st grade. That's right, I didn't go for the base model when I looked for school, and I'm also somewhat anxious about possible upgrades along the way!:ksc75smile:

Jul 10, 2017 at 6:50 PM Post #3,494 of 11,460
Off to bed, almost 2am here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back