Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Jul 10, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #3,497 of 11,460
Just visiting! I live in Sweden :)
Algarve is truly special, we have been here twice in the past 5 years.
My daughters godmother, who's also my wife's best friend, lives in Stockholm. It's been long since I visited, maybe it's time to visit again!

Jul 10, 2017 at 6:57 PM Post #3,498 of 11,460
My condolences, the bag trick cannot compete with that!
Indeed... Sweden's got great public schools though, so you're good with the bag option!

Jul 10, 2017 at 7:07 PM Post #3,503 of 11,460
Me too! I'm definitely going to bed now, see you tomorrow!

Btw, quite the opposite here in Greece with secondary education, although tertiary education is definitely public and well regarded against private institutions. I actually teach Interior Architecture in Athens at a public university; and, in fact, my last visit to Stockholm was attending a conference at KTH. So I agree with you first hand, you really do have great public universities!

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #3,505 of 11,460
I've move on.

This is the new thread started by me. I am not compelling anyone to switch over but if you choose to, you're most welcome. Whatever you choose to do, I'm always contactable for any queries regarding Elise and Euforia. Take care and good luck.

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/feliks-audio-tube-amps.854783/

Jul 13, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #3,507 of 11,460
And how right you are!

Jul 17, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #3,508 of 11,460
Went to a meet yesterday. Alot of nice gear. Took the Euforia ( stock tubes) and the Hegel dac. Got to try out the yggy and rag. Huge footprint, loads of power, sterile sounding., expensive. No thanks, I will keep my lowly system. I loved the 800s with the Euforia. Lots of slam, great soundstage.

Everybody was impressed with the soundstage of the Euforia.

Overall, very good comments on the system.

Jul 17, 2017 at 6:53 AM Post #3,509 of 11,460
Went to a meet yesterday. Alot of nice gear. Took the Euforia ( stock tubes) and the Hegel dac. Got to try out the yggy and rag. Huge footprint, loads of power, sterile sounding., expensive. No thanks, I will keep my lowly system. I loved the 800s with the Euforia. Lots of slam, great soundstage.

Everybody was impressed with the soundstage of the Euforia.

Overall, very good comments on the system.
Did you try Yggy with Euforia? Always been a fan of Hegel though I never owned one. How does it fare against the Yggdrasil?

Jul 17, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #3,510 of 11,460
No, I did not switch out dacs. The yggy and rag were a pair. The Hegel is a very good dac, but I would put the yggy a step up from the Hegel. The price difference and the footprint of the Yggy
Is the killer for me though.. I have a tube dac that is less expensive that I believe is better than the Yggy, although the footprint is much bigger than the Hegel.

The HegelHD12 just pairs so well with Feliks amps. They are the same size, black, no air openings on the top so you can stack them.
Aesthically stunning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back