Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Mar 20, 2017 at 5:28 AM Post #1,501 of 11,502
A thing of beauty, a joy forever. That's the thought that cross my mind when I first lay my eyes on Euforia.

Not only in looks but in tone. 20 seconds into my first song, my mouth was ajar. Such clarity, such dynamics, it's really quite a different amp from Elise. The sound is captivating and it's running with stock tubes. I had to use my seasoned Svetlana 6h13c though because one of the power tube that came did not light up. Must have died of fright on the long and treacherous journey to Sydney.

Second thought that cross my mind is ... 'there really is no need to roll other tubes'. Psvane 6sn7 and Svetlana 6h13c on Euforia sounds equally as explosive as Elise with EL12N and EL12.

Third thought that cross my mind before I retreat into a blissful night of listening is that this amp is so quiet. It's pitch black with no music playing and volume to the max.... so quiet I could hear my own heartbeat. Boom boom boom....  
etysmile.gif

Teaser pic.. more to come.

Mar 20, 2017 at 5:47 AM Post #1,503 of 11,502
It's not obvious from the photos but Euforia fit and finish is of a much higher quality. There's a nice touch to the surface of the casing. It's more matt than gloss and there's a sprinkling of glittering sparkles on the paint work that is only visible on close up. All edges are now smooth and rounded. The end result is a nice classy looking amp with the design philosophy that less is more. 

Btw Elise with stock tubes weigh 5.4 kgs. Euforia with stock tubes is 6.6 kgs.

Mar 20, 2017 at 5:54 AM Post #1,504 of 11,502
The bottom looks equally as impressive. There's now a nice wire guard in the middle to stop any gremlins from getting in. The feet is well damped and must serve anti-vibration very well because I could now finger drum on my table without getting any feedback from Euforia. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 20, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #1,506 of 11,502
The 2 siblings side by side. Euforia has won me over big time. If a newcomer were to ask me which of the 2 he should buy, I would not hesitate to point him to Euforia even though the the price difference is $1399 vs $999 - both with Psvane 6sn7.

Mar 20, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #1,508 of 11,502
I'll post more detail impressions after 48 hours. Suffice to say that I'm very impressed with Euforia. All that Senior Henryk Feliks has done with the upgrade, has fine tune it into a high end tube amp sound. After 1.5 hours of listening, I'm very happy that I went along with this purchase, after reading @hypnos1 impressions. He's absolutely right once again with his appraisal of Euforia.

Because a picture paints a thousand words, I'll give you one more photo of Euforia for the night. It's going to be a long night for me and I'm working tomorrow.... 

Mar 20, 2017 at 7:02 AM Post #1,509 of 11,502
GREAT WORK, @UntilThen...and thanks for doing a better job than I already with your photos and descriptions lol!
biggrin.gif
...(are you drooling over those lovely sockets yet?!
wink_face.gif
).

Their final product does now look a bit different to my prototype - they've done a very impressive-looking job indeed, along with the additional features and upgrades over mine (definitely gonna have to get Lukasz to do me a deal on one of these LOL!!
tongue.gif
).

Sounds like they've also done a very good job in choosing the new drivers - nice to hear you're already very impressed with Euforia in stock mode even...that doesn't seem to happen very often lol!
wink.gif
. Am really looking forward to how you find your other favourite tube combos performing in her...as she burns in, I suspect things will change on the preferences front - certainly did with me!!
darthsmile.gif

Your ears are now in for the (joyous!) bashing of their lives...to accompany chronic sleep deprivation, no doubt! ....ENJOY!!!....

ps. Speaking of sockets, as you will have found by now, they do indeed hold the tube pins very tightly, and so I would advise folks to be careful when removing "Coke Bottle" ST tubes especially - I personally recommend :

1. Always remove only by the base, in case of weak glue in old tubes.

2. Do the "rolling" gradually as it loosens, keeping a firm hold of the base - the final freeing can sometimes be sudden and possibly catch you off guard lol!...(Plus, I always try to make sure that if it does, it's into free space and not in the direction of a neighbouring tube or the trafo case!!).

3. Generally, I find that gold-plated pins go in and out without too much trouble, but there can be quite a variation in the diameter of different old tubes' pins, along with their smoothness. I myself have encountered the odd tube that even when cleaned was extremely tight, and to stay on the safe side I removed it by "working" it loose from below with a flat-bladed screwdriver, levering gradually around the bottom (as @mordy has advised in the past). If such a tight fit is suspected, I suggest leaving a slight gap at the socket to help with such a procedure...

I know this might sound a bit like "faffing around", but I assure you, nicely snug pin/socket connections are very beneficial in the end lol!
darthsmile.gif

Mar 20, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #1,510 of 11,502
Too right @hypnos1.  The sockets are tight but have a very nice feel when inserting your tubes. I'm not going to abuse those sockets. I will take care of Euforia. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Oh Lukasz did not include your EL11 tubes with the package. 

Mar 20, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #1,511 of 11,502
  Too right @hypnos1.  The sockets are tight but have a very nice feel when inserting your tubes. I'm not going to abuse those sockets. I will take care of Euforia. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Oh Lukasz did not include your EL11 tubes with the package. 

OH NO, UT!!! ...presumably they couldn't fit them in safely?...will have to get this sorted lol!
wink_face.gif
tongue.gif
...time to go, so try to get some sleep tonight, mon ami! And thanks for your kind words - I'm glad it looks like I haven't been leading you all astray...yet!!!
wink.gif
...CHEERS!...

Mar 20, 2017 at 7:31 AM Post #1,512 of 11,502

OH NO, UT!!! ...presumably they couldn't fit them in safely?...will have to get this sorted lol!
wink_face.gif
tongue.gif
...time to go, so try to get some sleep tonight, mon ami! And thanks for your kind words - I'm glad it looks like I haven't been leading you all astray...yet!!!
wink.gif
...CHEERS!...

There's absolutely no more room in that package for one more pair of tubes. The outer part of the carton got wet from the incessant rain that Sydney has been experiencing lately but inside, Euforia was very well protected with a plastic covering and good layers of styrofoam. All in all I'm very happy with Lukasz shipment.

As with Elise, Euforia is now working like a Swiss precision watch. Perfecto. I don't think I'm lucky. I think FA's QC and stringent testing of the amps ensures that.

Mar 20, 2017 at 7:52 AM Post #1,513 of 11,502
I wasn't going to change the tubes tonight but I couldn't resist. I swapped the Svetlana 6h13c for Tung Sol 5998 using the same Psvane 6sn7 drivers. The whole neighborhood woke up from my screaming. 

Immediately it became apparent that Euforia is just waiting to morph into a unicorn with better tubes. However the sockets are so tight I'll keep tube rolling to a minimum. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 20, 2017 at 8:20 AM Post #1,514 of 11,502
Glad I did not sell my 5998's now. Anxious to hear 5998A with it.  You are about as animated as H was!  Good to see that confirmation.

Mar 20, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #1,515 of 11,502
@HOWIE13 saw this and though of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back