1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by hypnos1, Jan 9, 2017.
First

Back
178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187
189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198
Next

Last
  1. angpsi
    Hi pct, looks like UT's trip into vintage land got us quite emotional! Nevertheless, while I was strolling down memory lane I also stumbled into this, which I think is a very interesting read - especially for UT who's out looking for a transport! http://lampizator.eu/LAMPIZATOR/TRANSPORT/CD_transport_DIY.html

For all the right memories just scroll strait to the bottom of the page! I'll just put a teaser here in my post:
    [​IMG]

2. angpsi
    Thanks @myphone , much appreciated! So it looks like TS is the 'edgy' tube and Sylvania is the 'soft' one, right?

Last edited: Jun 5, 2017
  3. myphone
    5998 with Nu

4. myphone
    IMG_0591.JPG

5. myphone
    IMG_0712.JPG

Mullard 6080 with Tungsol mouse ears (Thank UT for the correct term).

6. angpsi
    Wow, is that an EarMax sitting on top of the Euforia? How does it fare against Feliks? I was looking into it before I ended up with Elise...

7. connieflyer
    angpsi likes this.
  8. connieflyer
    In fact when I hit the lotto this is the system I would get ReferenceLine.jpg

angpsi likes this.
  9. myphone
    EarMax, pairing with HD650/600, is great in playing small scale classical music, chamber music, violin sonata, and OMG cello. Music is delicate and just flows beautifully.

Euforia is much more versatile, plays really well with various kinds of music and different phones such as HD800 and T1, in addition to HD 650).

For large scale orchestral music, solid state Sennheiser HDVA 600 running balanced has even better scale control.

Euforia is a wonderful platform to explore various flavors to fit one's style of music and mood.

If I had to keep one amp, it would be Euforia. I had used Earmax and HDVA 600 for years before Euforia.

10. pctazhp
    Well angpsi, it appears that you, UT, CF and others who are thinking, talking and/or using transports are not total Looney Tunes. You appear to be in good company. Silver disks, vinyl records??? The more things change, the more they stay the same. They just get more expensive. Have you tried hooking up a crystal radio to Euforia??? This one looks mighty sweet.

Baby-Looney-Tunes-Wallpaper-looney-tunes-5227197-1024-768.jpg

11. pctazhp
    On the subject of Euforia and tubes, I fear that my crackling GEC6AS7G may be deteriorating more, and I'm getting nervous about continuing its use and risking whatever dastardly things can happen to an amp running a bad tube. Fortunately GEC6080 is a worthy substitute - probably even better.

Strange. The GEC6AS7G is the only tube I own that has ever given even a hint of going bad.

12. myphone
    TS is the "edge" tube, RCA is the "soft" one, Sylvania is in the middle, close to be neutral.

angpsi likes this.
  13. UntilThen
    Will you stop being so generous with my money. Stop enticing me with gorgeous looking CD players. If I had to spend that kind of, I might as well get a top end Turntable. Then I don't have to worry about converting digital to analogue.

You know where all this is leading to right? After you have attain nirvana with your headfi system, you would want to start on the high end stereo system.

So take my advice. Just get a Sony Walkman and be done with it.

14. pctazhp
    Is this the theater of the absurd?? You are the chief culprit and bottle washer around here. I played this for you before, but I think it bears repeating. You are......

15. pctazhp
    In Scottsdale tonight strings are massing in wave after wave of passion and lust, horns are piercing the deepest recesses of the soul, percussion is shaking the foundation at earthquake levels, and it all is coalescing like a million exploding stars. Thank you Euforia.

First

Back
178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187
189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198
Next

Last