1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by hypnos1, Jan 9, 2017.
First

Back
179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188
190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199
Next

Last
  1. angpsi
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  2. angpsi
    Let me know when you hit the jackpot, I'll design you the house!

3. whirlwind

A Technics 1200 with a nice tone arm and cartridge may would sound wonderful, and would not completely smash your wallet, lol

4. UntilThen
  5. UntilThen
    This is all you need.... plus a pair of KEF LS50. Those 3 components are so good together, I need to post it again in a different shade.

20170520_121852.jpg

6. UntilThen
    How did your Gec 6as7g go bad so quickly? Here I am thinking of splurging on a NOS pair....

Last edited: Jun 6, 2017
  7. UntilThen
    This combination is the definition of revelation. So good is the GEC 6080 with 6sn7w, it got me thinking, how much better is the GEC 6as7g? My memory of the 6as7g has faded. I need to get a pair. It's the last of the tubes I'm chasing..... trust me. :)

20170606_201811.jpg

8. UntilThen
    I can't get enough of listening to this group. The sound now is so sweet, the electric guitar so vivid and vibrant, the drums so impactful, it's live here and now. Mercy me. I am getting overdosed now.

20170606_203226.jpg

9. UntilThen
    Yeah? Yeah? Yeah? That would make us brothers in arms :ksc75smile:

It will make your Euforia and HD800S sing like never before. I want to hear from you personally how much of an improvement Gumby is over Bimby in SE mode. Never mind the nay sayers. I want to hear it from you.

10. pctazhp
    You know me. I'll post about whether I'm having cream or not with my coffee in the morning. So of course I'll let you know about Gumby v Bimby ))) I've read that the Gumby balanced configuration is summed for the RCA outputs and that the XLR output is not necessarily significant better than RCA - or stated more positively the RCA output is almost as good as the XLR.

I assume you saw the TAS Yiggy review. You certainly have moved up to rarefied air with Yiggy. One post I read speculated that Yiggy will probably be TAS's DAC of the Year, and maybe even product of the year.

I've said this a million times (which for me is never enough) so I'll say it again. I believe that Schiit Multibit DACs and F-A amps share a common quality, and that is they both offer exceptional value for their price points. They give those of us who are swimming in their waters a true upper-level summit-quality listening experience (mixed metaphor of water and mountain intended) without having to spend Mt. Everest level money. Looking up at Yiggy from my current Bimby plateau the price difference between where I'm standing and your vaulted height seems daunting. But really, the price of Yiggy is extremely reasonable given that there seems little question it is one of the best DACs in the world. And, as I've pointed out 1,302,429 times, it is modular and can be updated at reasonable expense if Schiit develops significant new technology.

Having said all that, and having never heard Yiggy or Gumby, I do want to say I think Bimby is an absolutely amazing DAC, and if it was the best I could ever own I would not feel deprived in any way. With the recent addition of Euforia, the ASUS card and (I'll even say) CF's Amazon special power cord for Bimby, my system is absolutely stellar. It is clean, detailed, highly dynamic, organic, natural, musical and engaging. The degree of improvement that the last month or so has brought is impossible to describe. And the source for all of this has remained Bimby. It just has been unleashed by feeding it SPDIF free of USB and gracing it with a fascinating power cord discovered by CF - while at the same time benefiting from a much cleaner window (Euforia) between it and my HD800S phones.

No cream this morning, BTW.

HPLobster likes this.
  11. connieflyer
    HUH???

12. Oskari
    Lol. Nope. :wink:

HPLobster likes this.
  13. UntilThen
    Huh Pct, those were the words I wanted to say (TAS review) but I just haven't put it down on paper yet. :ksc75smile:

...one of greatest bargains in the history of high end audio.... hello..... no wonder I'm kind of sleep deprived since Yggy came.

Ah ha, note that Robert Harley commented on how good Yggy's USB is. My ears tells me so. Don't underestimate Yggy's USB Gen 3. :)

@Oskari that is a definite yes. It is the tube to end it all. My swan song to tube rolling and kiss my $500 good bye or good buy.... no definitely good bye.

14. pctazhp
    Once you wake up all will become clear !!!

15. pctazhp
    Just don't be surprised if you don't like it better than 6080.

Mike Moffat does. That's all that matters.

First

Back
179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188
190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199
Next

Last