1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by hypnos1, Jan 9, 2017.
First

Back
176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185
187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196
Next

Last
  1. connieflyer
    How do they compare to the Tung Sol 5998?

2. UntilThen
    I have no doubt now that Euforia and HD800 is a great combination. Elise too...

On the same token, I have no doubt Euforia and Elise with T1 is a great combination too. I just can't wear both headphones at the same time but I swap them often.

HD800 is more relaxed but very resolving still. T1 sounds sharper to me now that I get the chance to compare both in the comfort of my den. For long term listening I found myself reaching for HD800 more. HD800 comfort is also a big factor.

3. pctazhp
    You get the official award as Best Picture of Euforia So Far ))) Welcome to our exclusive club. As a member your responsibilities will be daunting. But the rewards are incalculable :o2smile:

4. pctazhp
    I assume your question is directed to UT because no one ever wants to know what I think. But I'll respond anyway. I think the GECs are substantially better than the TSs, but I've never been a strong proponent of the TS5998 like UT has.

5. UntilThen
    Not quite. :ksc75smile:

Oskari has the GEC 6080 for a long time now. So did hpamdr. Even Mikelap has the GEC 6080 in his WA22 in the picture above. However I will pin a medal on you because you talk the most about it. :ksc75smile:

I have not done any evaluation of it against the Bendix 6080wb so I'll reserve my judgement till later on which I prefer.....

CF, GEC 6080 sounds quite different from TS 5998. It's more relaxed and comforting. So depending on what salads you have it with, your choice of dinner depends on the day of the week.

6. pctazhp
    I must be in a really cranky mood this morning, but I think CF's main point was to praise Gumby in his system after he discovered the loose connection problem and temporarily fixed it - not necessarily to place special emphasis on HD800. I'm in the process of seeking retroactive authority from CF to speak on his behalf.

And while I'm at it, I want to ditto CF about your experience with CD player. It may be that you are using coax with the CD player that accounts for the difference. You might have similar improvement using something like the ASUS board with your PC to avoid USB.

7. pctazhp
    Can we refer to that as the Mr. Loudmouth Medal???? :ksc75smile:

8. UntilThen
    Let's just say that if you want to do the salsa, you'd use the 5998. If on the other hand you want to do some ballroom dancing, you'd pick the GEC 6080.

Salsa
    images (3).jpg

Ballroom
    ballroomDancing.jpg

9. Oskari
    They look very nice.

S = 1961. H = August. Z = MOV, Hammersmith.

10. UntilThen
  11. UntilThen
    Thank you thank you. 1961. Not too old and not too young. Still it's a marvel the tubes are so new. It's been 56 years !!!

12. pctazhp
    And you have no idea of how good Yiggy would sound if you were using ASUS board. And apparently you have no idea of how brilliant I am. Most importantly, I'm guessing my father could have beat up your father.

MY DAD.jpg

13. UntilThen
    OMG I just received the best news from Lukasz.

My Elise refurbishment is complete. A complete makeover except for the transfo and chassis. So essentially a new Elise with the latest specs. An upgraded Elise !!! Let the comparison between Elise and Euforia begin.... soon when I get it back.

I'm not going to tell you the cost because you will faint but I am so happy now I need to go to the toilet....

14. Tunkejazz
    Yes! The window is great :wink:
    In the end I have decided to have it in my office, and move Ember to my apartment. The wow factor of my desk has gone up by miles!

15. Tunkejazz
    Hi CF, the 7193 is also one of my favorite combos with the Ember, along with Visseaux 6J5 and a number of good 6SN7 tubes :)
    But no tube has ever made Ember sing like Euforia is doing right now!

First

Back
176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185
187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196
Next

Last